• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Touch screen issues on my one day old nexus7

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have had the tablet for 24 hours and am running stock ROM 4.1.1. I have so far experienced three issues with the touch screen becoming unresponsive. Cut the rope was unplayable, widget resize on home screen was not possible as holds were not registered correctly

Tab was not on charge but there were quite a few apps running.

In every occasion this was fixed by a restart and normal service resumed.

I suspect this is a jelly bean issue as if it was hardware it would not be resolved by reboot.

Anyone else seen this?

Rushed to market perhaps.......

Edited by m_liddell

Posted · Report post

I've had the exact same issue as well.

Posted · Report post

I have had the tablet for 24 hours and am running stock ROM 4.1.1. I have so far experienced three issues with the touch screen becoming unresponsive. Cut the rope was unplayable, widget resize on home screen was not possible as holds were not registered correctly

Tab was not on charge but there were quite a few apps running.

In every occasion this was fixed by a restart and normal service resumed.

I suspect this is ICS issue as if it was hardware it would not be resolved by reboot.

Anyone else seen this?

Rushed to market perhaps.......

Nexus 7 doesn't run ICS, it run's Jelly Bean!

Posted · Report post

I appear to have the wobbly screen issue. On left hand side the screen pops up by a couple of mm above the frame, you can push it back down but it just pops up again after a few seconds and makes a click. Do not want to pull apart and try the diy fix.

I spent 40 min on help line and gave up waiting, Will try again tonight.....

Posted · Report post

D'oh! :/

P

Posted · Report post

I have that issue, but it appears more pronounced with Modaco's ROM. I switched to the alpha version of CM10 unofficial nightlies, and it seems to be a lot better now, which suggests a software calibration issue?? Hmmm

Posted · Report post

My girlfriends has this issue, and I'm prepared to put money on it being a software issue, possibly in the drivers? With hers, simply putting it to sleep and waking it fixes it. Now for the life of me I cannot think of any possible hardware fault that magically fixes by sleeping and immediately waking the device.

Posted · Report post

Got hold of Google on Monday about screen wobble and they despatched new nexus 16gb to me yesterday. Just have to workout how to backup all my apps before I return to old one.

Posted · Report post

I have a slightly different touch screen issue.

My screen is registering something touching it in the location where the blue dot is on the attached file. After the tablet kept launching programs by its self I installed touch test to see what was happening.

I Stopped touching the screen and 1 point flicked back to the location there. Any ideas or is it back for replacement.

I am currently running MCR Jr5.

post-630820-0-00983200-1343294095_thumb.

Posted (edited) · Report post

mine needs a reboot to fix, upgrading to JR6 now. Don't remember it doing it whilst stock though.

Also perhaps when I do a reboot I clean the screen. Its not dirty at all but seems to fix things as well! Maybe its not the clean but multiple touch points or maybe just likes being rubbed against my leg. Anyhow wrote this reply with no problem on Jr6 now.

Edited by dbbloke

Posted · Report post

After thelatest CM10 update the issue seems to have disappeared... I will try Jr6 to see how it goes...

Posted · Report post

Upgraded to JR6 so will see if it happens again

Posted · Report post

I have occasional none response to touches but I am running Stock ( not rooted yet). This I believe is an issue with the tablets and not ROMS

Posted · Report post

I have this issue with cm10 jr6 but not with stock rom.Some times I will touch the screen and it will just start freaking out as if I were just running my finger all over it

Posted · Report post

well to update the issue I was having, reset everything to stock and still happening so its gone back today and should get a shiny new replacement in the next couple of days.

Now do i set up a new gmail account for some new freebie apps?????

Posted · Report post

I have since had my Nexus replaced due to the continuing screen issues.

So far so good with the new device.