B927 - My Experience.

Guest HuaweiAscend

Guest grabster

Been on b927 for 3 days now and starting to get reboots.

Already fixed the red underline thing and ringtones seem to be completely random regardless which way i set them up but its still a great rom though.

Think im gonna stick with this till something better comes along.

Debloated virgin ics probably be along soonish so unless something pops up out of the blue i will live with b927 for a while.

Surely there is a reason for this, is it the way the update is done, or are some of you just unlucky ?

This B927 is perfect for me apart from two things, the keyboard lag and the camera/video. Apart from those things i have no problms at all!

Guest pmw1971

Been on b927 for 3 days now and starting to get reboots.

Already fixed the red underline thing and ringtones seem to be completely random regardless which way i set them up but its still a great rom though.

Think im gonna stick with this till something better comes along.

Debloated virgin ics probably be along soonish so unless something pops up out of the blue i will live with b927 for a while.

Ringtones fix is to move the files to the system folder (if you have rooted) then you can select as an internal ringtone rather than external music.

Guest HuaweiAscend

Surely there is a reason for this, is it the way the update is done, or are some of you just unlucky ?

This B927 is perfect for me apart from two things, the keyboard lag and the camera/video. Apart from those things i have no problms at all!

It depends on what you're using.

A lot of people won't have experienced the Google Play issue, as they don't use the affected apps - although there's a fix for this.

If you don't use Bluetooth HF, then you won't experience the rebooting issue.

I use Swype, which may have caused the slow return to home, but obviously I'm not sure.

Guest rsrocha

If people with problems with b927 try to reflash rom, then vendor update, then format in revovery mode.

Try to flash the rom from a complete stock state without root or cwr. Thats how i done and i am problem free.

Guest stokietom

If people with problems with b927 try to reflash rom, then vendor update, then format in revovery mode.

Try to flash the rom from a complete stock state without root or cwr. Thats how i done and i am problem free.

I am getting a bit of keyboard lag it seems... How do you actually flash this 'vendor' file people talk about?

Guest rsrocha

Copy the dload folder to root of sdcard

Start update process

After update replace the update.app inside the dload folder with the one thats inside the vendor folder.

Start update process again

One way to verify you have the vendor update installed is to check if the wifi, gps, bluetooth toggle buttons are present in the notification area.

Guest rsrocha

And one thing i always do before any update is to delete the android folder on the sdcard and other folders with files from apps. Always update with the cleanest state.

Guest Rico_89

And one thing i always do before any update is to delete the android folder on the sdcard and other folders with files from apps. Always update with the cleanest state.

I actually format my SD card in a laptop before install a new rom.

I am having the ringtone problem, when I connect a USB cable, but turning the phone off and restarting doesn't change my ringtones so it's not that big a deal. Although moving the my custom ringtone to the system folder doesn't seem to work because it doesn't show up in the ringtone or music list..

Guest rsrocha

You need to create a Ringtones folder on the root of the sdcard and store your ringtones there. Actually you need to create a set of folders that android uses by default on the sdcard.

I have Ringtones, Notifications, Download, Music, Alarms, DCIM, Documents and the Android folder that is created by the system. With this folder structure the os saves and searches at the right places. Also be careful with the filesystem of the sdcard when you format it in tha pc. I preffer to format it on the storage menu.

Edited by rsrocha

Guest Rico_89

You need to create a Ringtones folder on the root of the sdcard and store your ringtones there. Actually you need to create a set of folders that android uses by default on the sdcard.

I have Ringtones, Notifications, Download, Music, Alarms, DCIM, Documents and the Android folder that is created by the system. With this folder structure the os saves and searches at the right places. Also be careful with the filesystem of the sdcard when you format it in tha pc. I preffer to format it on the storage menu.

I have all of those folders on my micro sd too, created automatically by the system, but every time I chose an mp3 from the ringtones folder and connect the phone to a pc, via USB, my ringtone reverts to "Default".

Edited by Rico_89

Guest Rico_89

What if you create also the Ringtone folder on the internal storage and put the ringtones there?

I've tried that, but unfortunately everytime I put an Mp3 anywhere on the internal storage it never shows up in the Ringtone or Music list to be chosen for a ringtone. What I might try is to convert my Mp3 to an .ogg file then replace one of the default ringtones and see if that works.

Update: just tried a few things and noticed that when I create a folder on the root of the internal storage and then restart, the folder and contents just disappear.

Anyway replacing the ogg file works but they show up in the list as two question marks ( ?? ).

Edited by Rico_89

Guest joeyla

Went from B926 to B927. All was good for a few days but today when powering on phone started to go into continuous boot/shutdown loop.

Can I downgrade to B888? Anyone got a link?

Guest luismiyu

Unfortunately I have ringtone and storage switching issues.

I moved my favorite mp3 ringtones and notifications to /system/media/audio/ringtones and notifications and now everything is all right.

I cannot solve storage switching issue... maybe try not to reboot :P

I have my G300 paired with my SEAT Ibiza stock bluetooth and it works just fine without any reboots. It also works transferring files from/to my computer.

Guest Fabrizioso

If you don't use Bluetooth HF, then you won't experience the rebooting issue.

I also have random reboots and they occur also when Bluetooth is switched off. Also Wifi has no influence. Must be something else.

The only pattern I can see is that it has never happened at home yet, only when I was out. Could indicate that it is related to cell hopping or 3G/2G changes or something else which is related to the cellular environment.

Guest FrankieADZ

remember someone say that there ringtones & notifications reset after then plug in the USB...I had the same thing just happen to me.

resets them to default after i plug it into my PC.

Guest Rico_89

Well I have started to get some keyboard lag, but so far it's only when I'm online and trying too type a post. I never had any problems running B926 so I'm hoping Tillaz's rom can sort out all of the little issues that have cropped up in B927 and although I'm still glad I upgraded, I am looking forward to some custom roms.