Boot to Gecko - Worth a Shot?

Guest razzmataz1478

Guest rangeoshun

@Lalit:

Does this:

Important: Only devices running Android 4 (aka Ice Cream Sandwich) are supported. If your device is listed above but running an older version of Android, please update it before doing anything.

mean, that the known issues of ICS/JB will be still present?

Thank you!

Source: https://developer.mo...d_prerequisites

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

Go any lower than having that GPU and you'll be in wildfire territory aka no GPU at all. So don't make it as our GPU is the minimum standard, take it as you need a GPU or it won't run.

Actually HTC Touch HD has a adreno GPU (lower then 200) and has android and it has a GPU

• 2 months later...
Guest tilal6991

No no. Still working on the skate. Just real life taking up most of my time.

In the past couple of days I've probably spent more time on the skate than the xperia.

Guest oscar-mark
No no. Still working on the skate. Just real life taking up most of my time.

In the past couple of days I've probably spent more time on the skate than the xperia.

Omg, you almost sound "human".

JK, but are you still working on this?

Guest rangeoshun

Apparently there are some issues compiling Gaia to ARMv6 right now. A few people are working on it on XDA for a few ARMv6 devices, but have to be patient. Probably Mozilla also needs work on this subject, I think their main focus is stability and finishing the OS and for that one ARM architecture is enough. After that they might look at other platforms. Just a guess tho..

Guest oscar-mark
Apparently there are some issues compiling Gaia to ARMv6 right now. A few people are working on it on XDA for a few ARMv6 devices, but have to be patient. Probably Mozilla also needs work on this subject, I think their main focus is stability and finishing the OS and for that one ARM architecture is enough. After that they might look at other platforms. Just a guess tho..

Thanks

Guest omegavesko

Yeah, ARMv6 was never a priority for Mozilla. At least we have Nighly/Aurora now, I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rangeoshun

Well, the only thing I could find out is, it's the CDMA version of the U960, and it should be as they are based in the USA.

Here is where I could find some specs atleast: http://product.pconl...704_detail.html

Here are specs that differ in CPU speed: http://product.yesky...543/param.shtml

So hopefully they are close enough :)

Besides, it seems it's even older, with a MSM7627 chipset according to pdadb: http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=cpu&id=a7627&c=qualcomm_msm7627

Edited by rangeoshun

Guest tilal6991

Msm7627 is the sister chip set. It's just as old ad it was released at the same. The only difference is the CDMA vs GSM which you've already pointed out.

Guest oscar-mark
Msm7627 is the sister chip set. It's just as old ad it was released at the same. The only difference is the CDMA vs GSM which you've already pointed out.

So you're back on this project again, or atleast will be back? :D

Guest rangeoshun

There is some progress in the above mentioned xda topic. It seems user adfad666 provided some patches ( HERE ) for armv6, which make armv7 hacking obsolete. So he says it builds now, and boots.

I got the sources of b2g and gaia, but haven't managed to apply one patch. Seems I have stuff missing. If anyone manages to apply these and could shed some light what repos are needed, would be very welcome!

Cheers!

Guest razzmataz1478
There is some progress in the above mentioned xda topic. It seems user adfad666 provided some patches ( HERE ) for armv6, which make armv7 hacking obsolete. So he says it builds now, and boots.

I got the sources of b2g and gaia, but haven't managed to apply one patch. Seems I have stuff missing. If anyone manages to apply these and could shed some light what repos are needed, would be very welcome!

Cheers!

How big is the source?

Guest rangeoshun

Cannot recall, as I have deleted them... I'll clone them again tomorrow at work. Anyways, how big should it be? A few hundred megabites, aint it?

I used this:

git clone git://github.com/mozilla-b2g/B2G.git

And cloned Gaia separately..

Edited by rangeoshun