[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Guest joeyla

At this moment I am with the stock gb ROM should I go to this rom? Will it improve my user experience?

Depends on what your looking for. If you're happy with what you got then wait for official ICS. If you like to hack around then go for it.

Guest Fabrizioso

Does this ROM disable that annoying popup when you move between wifi and 3g?

Yes it does. :-)

But you can also do this on the stock rom once it is rooted. You need to edit the build.prop file e.g. with the ROM Toolbox App or any text editor. I don't know the name of the property to change by heart but I can look it up.

Guest Hans Gruber

Yes it does. :-)

But you can also do this on the stock rom once it is rooted. You need to edit the build.prop file e.g. with the ROM Toolbox App or any text editor. I don't know the name of the property to change by heart but I can look it up.

thanks. I'll have a look into that :)

edit: ro.config.hw_RemindWifiToPdp=true looks as though that's the culprit!

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest kosac

- no gtalk

- no mail for exchange

- ShadowGun now imposible to play..

- launcher to slow (better with apex+enable dont turn off)

i dont know what to think about this rom... :(

Guest michal.siman

I noticed that when i install apps from market, the phone does not put shortcut in menu... For example, when i installed facebook, there was not any shortcut, but the widget for facebook is there in widget section ...

Just restart the phone, and shortcat will be there. I know this bug from some Huawei ROM - i dont remember from whitch .... but restart help all the time.

Guest Hogweed

thanks. I'll have a look into that :)

edit: ro.config.hw_RemindWifiToPdp=true looks as though that's the culprit!

Yes that's it Just change it to false and reboot.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest tcpaulh

my phones running really slow? anyone else getting this

Yes, something is bogging it down here. I'm getting quite a few "stopped responding, close or wait" popups. Tried running alogcat but it's not recording anything :-s

Guest Tl2IGGER

Yes, something is bogging it down here. I'm getting quite a few "stopped responding, close or wait" popups. Tried running alogcat but it's not recording anything :-s

yh mine is ok a bit slow, but as soon as i restore my apps through titanium its barely usable at all nearly everything stops responding to turn homescreen on takes a few tries also

i tried factory reset wipe data, clear cache and reinstalled rom 3 times now with same error.

Guest feckineejit

Same here been a few problems with it, running slowish, had to push touch screen a few times to get things to load, think I'll be going back to B888 :s

Guest tcpaulh

yh mine is ok a bit slow, but as soon as i restore my apps through titanium its barely usable at all nearly everything stops responding to turn homescreen on takes a few tries also

i tried factory reset wipe data, clear cache and reinstalled rom 3 times now with same error.

I didn't restore any apps. Did everything from scratch. Upgraded from b888 > b892 > infusion without any problems. Wiped as usual. I did originally flash more than one launcher but encountered slowdowns so wiped cache, dalvik and system and reflashed rom but no optional launchers this time. Still gets bogged down. Find myself hitting back or home several times when it's going slow or just sit there waiting for toast.

Guest Pathfinder23

I use to have random reboot issue when the phone is connected to Bluetooth Carkit when I had B926 but disappeared when I installed B927 but unfortunately the issue is appeared back with this ROM, anyone had similar issue and any idea on how to resolve it ?

Guest PACOSH

comparing to b927 its slower.. a lot..waiting for msg window to open for 3 secs etc.. but the end for me was when my sdcard was totally wiped out.. goin back to stock b927..thanks for the effort tho, was worth it to try..

Guest HuaweiAscend

I use to have random reboot issue when the phone is connected to Bluetooth Carkit when I had B926 but disappeared when I installed B927 but unfortunately the issue is appeared back with this ROM, anyone had similar issue and any idea on how to resolve it ?

I had that issue with B927.

Guest tillaz
  • 800 X 480 RECORDING where?? i see only 640x480

yeah, it says 640x480 in the camera app but it actually records in 800x480...

you now when its recorded in 800x480 because the video when played back fills the screen (because the display is 800x480)

if it was recorded in 640x480 it would have black borders at each side...

i cant change any code in huaweis camera app.. even changing as little as .png's brake it

just check the video info and you will see it is 800x480 ;) (i would not state this other wise)

Guest Potatoes

Dunno if its just coincidence but seeing as the power widgets isn't working properly yet I unchecked all the widget buttons in infusion settings and also in developer options I unchecked "force gpu rendering" since we don't have 2D hardware acceleration, did a reboot and it seems to be blazingly fast again. I know, too many changes to pin point anything down but that's what I did and thing's are good on this rom :)

Edit: hmm scratch that, after launching chrome it seems to have slowed right down again after crashing.

Edited by Potatoes

Guest tillaz

Had to go back to B927 every time i held the power button instead of coming up with the power menu it would just force reboot.

you must not of done a full wipe or something or flashed an add-on that's not compatible as it works fine here

I noticed that when i install apps from market, the phone does not put shortcut in menu... For example, when i installed facebook, there was not any shortcut, but the widget for facebook is there in widget section ...

that's the huawei launcher, try flashing a different one from first page

Installed the rom and is running smooth, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have sim toolkit, which is included in stock ics. Is it possible to add it to the rom or manually somehow?

like it says on first page... request any stock apps and they will be uploaded

Hi tillaz,

Here are some findings:

- In the About phone menu, the build number shows B000000, I guess it should be something like B240712?

- Installation of non-market apps activated by default, despite that I always allow it anyway the more secure default would be to have it unchecked

- the Circular Battery indicator is only displayed while discharging or when fully charged, while charging you only see the standard battery icon. Would be nice to have the circular indicator here, too, as you can see the status then.

One thing is a little frightening, though: you do not have a superuser app included, any app gets root access without asking for it. I was very surprised after installation of Titanium backup that it did not ask me to become root! I have manually installed Superuser (https://play.google....ufou.android.su) and updated the su binary to close that security hole.

This really needs to be fixed in the ROM, I believe.

Thanks again for your work!

Fabrizio

just turn install non market apps back on... (i dont know why you wouls thought you should not be installing things you don't trust ?).

about root, this is the way i have root on all my rom's across 3 different devices and not one bad thing has happend...

if an app as bad intentions it will by pass the superuser prompt and allow root its self using its own exploit.

its not something i will be changing sorry, maybe someone can post an add-on for the paranoid people :)

100%.

Here's a gift, everyone! It demonstrates how dangerous free root is. http://g300.thebrona...sthatbutton.apk

Edit: before you all sue me for doing all the horrible things, flash this to put surfaceflinger back. http://g300.thebrona...rokemyphone.zip

and what if you renamed that app "one click root remover" then posted it explaining it removes root for any device...

people would allow it root them self then press the button lol

my point being if you want to make an app to cause harm you would not make it obvious...

you would make it sound like a useful app, tricking the user into allowing root anyway...

- no gtalk

- no mail for exchange

- ShadowGun now imposible to play..

- launcher to slow (better with apex+enable dont turn off)

i dont know what to think about this rom... :(

if you read the first post you would see there are options to change the launcher (apex included)

also you will see that it says any stock apps will be uploaded on request... you need to ask for them.

not sure how shadow gun or any other games can run differently on other ics roms as nothing had been changed in the area..

unless you are comparing it to gingerbread then yes.. ics is lacking performance because of huawei not realising a complete rom...

@everyone this is the first release and is far from finished...

​becuase of huawei not including UI acceleration most of my

performance tweaks cant be used.. same with any other ics rom

and some apps might not run properly or at all... huaweis fault

Looking good so far. Noticed my favourite feature on ICS wasn't working though - Bookmark Sync and noticed the apk isn't present. Copied it over manually and seems to be OK. Any reason for it not being in the zip?

On another note - doesn't anyone use Launcher Pro anymore? Have it on all Androids in the house.

Edited by Guest

Guest tillaz

also iv just noticed i have not turned off "force GPU rendering" this wil cause problems untill turned off....

go to settings / developer options

and untick force GPU rendering