[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

Looking good so far. Noticed my favourite feature on ICS wasn't working though - Bookmark Sync and noticed the apk isn't present. Copied it over manually and seems to be OK. Any reason for it not being in the zip?

On another note - doesn't anyone use Launcher Pro anymore? Have it on all Androids in the house.

send me the files and i will include it ;)

i did leave some things out off gapps

Guest mack_

also iv just noticed i have not turned off "force GPU rendering" this wil cause problems untill turned off....

go to settings / developer options

and untick force GPU rendering

wow you were right everything is back to normal already...

going to make sure that stays off

Guest mack_

Btw everyone ...just a reminder this is only the first release/build, so i think reporting any issues now would be more useful than doing it later....saves @tillaz the time and trouble of releasing multiple builds..... ^_^

Guest PACOSH

unchecking rendering helped for launcher speed (going to apps, msgs,calls etc) but if you open skype/chrome/navigation its slow... any suggestions to make it work better?

Guest Dazzozo

my point being if you want to make an app to cause harm you would not make it obvious...

you would make it sound like a useful app, tricking the user into allowing root anyway...

It's a joke app. I made it in about 5 minutes to point out how easy it is to take advantage of this. I know a real app on the Play Store would be disguised, but how is that a defense? That has happened a few times to real people, believe it or not. There's a reason Superuser apps exist.

I know you've done it on other devices, I've been told. It doesn't make it any more right. It is a huge security flaw.

I just can't believe you actually think this is a good idea. People use banking apps on these things.

Guest luvvt

Apparently banking apps dont work with SU and you have to turn it off manually, May be a good idea to incorporate this feature please tillaz.

If your not willing to let tillaz sort out ant bugs/issues as he did with atomic then dont install this rom. First release guys be patient or tillaz just might need that holiday and not jis kids lol.

Good work tillaz we all appreciate your efforts

Guest Dazzozo

Apparently banking apps dont work with SU and you have to turn it off manually, May be a good idea to incorporate this feature please tillaz.

If your not willing to let tillaz sort out ant bugs/issues as he did with atomic then dont install this rom. First release guys be patient or tillaz just might need that holiday and not jis kids lol.

Good work tillaz we all appreciate your efforts

I think the majority do. Mine always did. Even so, the apps which are not included have temp unroot.

He's already said he's not changing it so that's that. Not open to reason on a giant security issue.

I guess I'll just go and make root a simple "su" away on my server with no need for a password or sudoers entry. Obviously a hacker wouldn't even think of it so we can intentionally leave security issues lying around.

I have nothing more to say on this issue, I hope tillaz sorts it out because it's always nice seeing enhanced stock ROMs but I don't like baked security exploits. :P

Guest Colossae3.23

I thought the right question was in the posts that I posted from davidoff59. Basically we need to ask for a functional OpenGL and not just for it to be supported. I thought that was clear? Sorry if it weren't.

Guest fr0do

I brought this up on the AtomicMod thread but my musings didn't gain much interest :)

I just installed a SU app when using AtomicMod and it seemed to my uneducated eyes to be controlling what did and did not have root access IIRC

Yeah that's the easy fix ;)

And sorry for not paying enough attention :)

Guest Bassalh123

I am back on B888 AtomicMod as well. ICS seemed too slow even with a fresh install. :(

I am back on B888 AtomicMod as well. ICS seemed too slow even with a fresh install. :(

Same experience with other ICS's I think in my point of view the g300 is only meant for GingerBread's but it is good enough, what else will you get with ICS? My phone does what I need it to do.

Edited by Bassalh123

Guest kyan31
Please can anyone tell me why my camera is green when using video skype?

Because there is no frontal camera, so video calling wont work. Couldn't you figure that out yourself?

Guest tillaz

anyway... getting back on topic i managed to fix the Google movie studio

found how to fix it by accident... when looking at code in the stock nexus s ics rom

its like imovie

Guest feckineejit

Tillaz i'm asking here as you probably have more chance seeing it, i've gone back to atomicmod but cant get the apn setting as there not there, have tried typing them in to the phone but they dont show up, can you tell me what files i need to extract from atomicmod to add them. and can i add the apk using romtoolbox? (i know there lib files but not sure which ones)

Edited by feckineejit

Guest runlevel5

I for one appreciate your work and hope your development for the G300 continues. Feedback and bug reporting is important,but so is the context in which it is provided. Personally, I do not have the skill set to build custom ROMs so your output is great for my android experience.

all the best.

Guest k123456

Tillaz, thanks for all your hard work, have Atomic love it , looking fwd to Infusion, have not had time to flash it

Dazzozo, you obviously have too much time on your hands

Edited by k123456

Guest luvvt

Tillaz, thanks for all your hard work, have Atomic love it , looking fwd to Infusion, have not had time to flash it

Dazzozo, you obviously have too much time on your hands

+1 for that. Try spending some of that time fixing your own rom lol

Sticks and stones tillaz your all good

Edited by luvvt

Guest djuroue

As i was testing video recording, i found that audio quality is not good. Its like on gingerbread, very bad quality. Solutions !?

Guest tcpaulh

Manufacturers will lockdown more devices if security is perceived to be a problem.

A quote from an Orange spokesperson in the San Diego thread :-

Security of the platform is very important to our customers. The device comes with an OS that is fairly flexible and you can load a large number of apps that don’t impact the ROM on the phone itself. If phones aren’t security locked it’s possible that someone could develop a virus that could cause a large amount of harm to the device and/or personal security of our customers.

One of the features of our devices is the programmable security engine on the platform. This is done to protect the ROM and the boot loader from corruption or from being overwritten. All production devices are secured utilizing keyed encryption.

For these reasons, the San Diego can’t be unlocked, and we don’t have any future plans to offer the ability to unlock it.

tillaz, on the whole I love your work and am immensely grateful for it. :)