[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

What about the stock huawei locker? It workd quite good here, i'd really like to have it on my infusion.

Will Nova free upgrade itself whenever a new version will be published exactly as if it had been installed?

BUG: the alternative locker doesn't work here. When i press the physical button the stock locker gets diplayed first, then the other locker, then the homescreen. Can it be solved?

Plus, i'd like to extend the quoted question about Nova to all the integrated programs: will they update automatically? will the integrated manual updater work? it doesn't seem so AFAICS

Edited by klezkk

Guest The White Sock

BUG: the alternative locker doesn't work here. When i press the physical button the stock locker gets diplayed first, then the other locker, then the homescreen. Can it be solved?

Disable the stock locker in settings -> security.

Guest Pirex69

Hi Tillaz,

about B07, can you make a patch for automatic call record? This feature that´s already on it, is very good but sometimes is not easy to record. If it can be automatic we could delete those that we dont need :)

Thks

Pirex

Guest The White Sock
I dont think Tillaz will be doing anythingfor this ROM, we should be following CM9 and CM10 ROMs from now on.

So pessimistic... always here cheer him up :angry:

I dont think Tillaz will be doing anythingfor this ROM, we should be following CM9 and CM10 ROMs from now on.

unless people are happy with the fully working rom they already have, but yeah, that's your choice

i think the rom is fine as it is, but if people have ideas for improvements or what could be in a new release then let me know...

i have ran out of ideas

Well as far as I'm concerned this is still the best ROM, and we can't count on CM until it is actually released. However, I can't think of any new features we need. Thanks again for this tillaz.

Guest ppatrao

unless people are happy with the fully working rom they already have, but yeah, that's your choice

i think the rom is fine as it is, but if people have ideas for improvements or what could be in a new release let me know... as i have ran out of ideas

Hi Tillaz!

First off: Great working Rom. I'm one of those who can't fix the default storage to SD but i really don't care, standard internal is just fine by me ;)

Second: the only "bug" i get is the caller id lag not showing name of person who calls me every now and then, it seems to be random, as my mother yesteday called me and her name appeared first ring off and today i let it ring for 5 times and only phone number is displayed...

I wonder if it has any thing to do with system processor governor configurations or is it something else... this is the only issue i have with this rom as in B05 it didn't do that, only after B06 and B07

i upgraded from B926 to B05 > B06 > B07 2030 baseband, am getting Hspda11 and my operator is vodafone Portugal, any ideas? Thanks!

Hi Tillaz!

First off: Great working Rom. I'm one of those who can't fix the default storage to SD but i really don't care, standard internal is just fine by me

Second: the only "bug" i get is the caller id lag not showing name of person who calls me every now and then, it seems to be random, as my mother yesteday called me and her name appeared first ring off and today i let it ring for 5 times and only phone number is displayed...

I wonder if it has any thing to do with system processor governor configurations or is it something else... this is the only issue i have with this rom as in B05 it didn't do that, only after B06 and B07

i upgraded from B926 to B05 > B06 > B07 2030 baseband, am getting Hspda11 and my operator is vodafone Portugal, any ideas? Thanks!

yeah, im planning on sorting the internal storage thing out for good in the next version,

the caller id thing i'm not to sure about, i don't actually own the g300 so never receive calls on it to test properly,

we could try increasing the read ahead kb of the nand (init.d script)

# internal NAND readahead buffer
echo "1024" > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/31:0/read_ahead_kb
[/CODE]

Guest lexroad

I'm on the latest rom, the performance improvements are awesome, gj tillaz but I want to know what happens if I install omegamoon or geno kernel? will I lose these improvements?

Guest ppatrao

yeah, im planning on sorting the internal storage thing out for good in the next version,

the caller id thing i'm not to sure about, i don't actually own the g300 so never receive calls on it to test properly,

we could try increasing the read ahead kb of the nand

# internal NAND readahead buffer

echo "2048" > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/31:0/read_ahead_kb

Ok, is it something i can do myself or does it have to be done on the kernel? It happens quite a lot, i even put processor governor to be always on maximum speed, but it still happens.... I guess when the device goes into standby it takes a while to read the caller name (not sure why it doesn't with every single call, it's just random....)

Thanks Tillaz!

Ok, is it something i can do myself or does it have to be done on the kernel? It happens quite a lot, i even put processor governor to be always on maximum speed, but it still happens.... I guess when the device goes into standby it takes a while to read the caller name (not sure why it doesn't with every single call, it's just random....)

Thanks Tillaz!

it could be the sleep mode we are using then,

you could give this a try and tell me if it makes a difference

in the build.prop remove this line then reboot

pm.sleep_mode=1
[/CODE]

Guest ppatrao

pm.sleep_mode=1

Ok, just done that but instead of removing i commented that line:

#

#pm.sleep_mode=1

#

now let's wait to see if it affects the phone call behavior!

Guest Mark Hamill

These are not major issues, but since updating to B07:

1: I can't seem to add anything to the dictionary. When I click on a word to add it, it will put the word in a popup and then I have to click ok again to add it, but when I click on OK, I get a pop-up saying "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped working".

2: When I connect my phone to my computer and turn on USB storage my notification, my ringtones reset to default (they are supposed to be mp3s on my SD card).

PS: Everything else on the phone is awesome (i've never gotton the other sd default storage problem etc.) , thanks very much for your hard work Tillaz :)

Edited by Mark Hamill

Guest Ludak021

i think the rom is fine as it is, but if people have ideas for improvements or what could be in a new release then let me know...

i have ran out of ideas

My comment was merely a reflection of what you have already said before :) It truly has no other "agendas" :) Also, I said "follow" CM9 and 10 development, not install it ;)

as for ideas, you could remove or make an option for volume keys powering up display or not, I personally very much dislike it not being a choice. Other than that, you could put triple buffering in, Dazz seem to have it working :P

Guest andy.hyde4

Battery life used to be really good but on this build it is really poor, on Friday I had it at 100% at 8am at 4pm I had to recharge it. I charged it to 100% and it was dead again by 10pm.

My comment was merely a reflection of what you have already said before It truly has no other "agendas" Also, I said "follow" CM9 and 10 development, not install it

there's nothing wrong if people do install CM9 / CM10,... that's why i said its your choice

as for ideas, you could remove or make an option for volume keys powering up display or not, I personally very much dislike it not being a choice. Other than that, you could put triple buffering in, Dazz seem to have it working

easier said than done, remember this is based on ics not jelly bean, and its not been complied from source

it would be like saying to daz, camera is working here in ics so you could just add it to CM10

Guest RannyDoscoe

Battery life used to be really good but on this build it is really poor, on Friday I had it at 100% at 8am at 4pm I had to recharge it. I charged it to 100% and it was dead again by 10pm.

I had huge battery drain issues with an MS Exchange email/calendar. Once I turned it off battery life was great (down to 60% after a whole day, instead of flat after 10 hours).

Guest ppatrao

pm.sleep_mode=1

Ok, just done that but instead of removing i commented that line:

#

#pm.sleep_mode=1

#

now let's wait to see if it affects the phone call behavior!

@Tillaz: It didn't seemed to fix it :(

First 3 or 4 incoming calls during the afternoon were ok, but just now received a called that had a delay of 3 ringtones to appear caller id... any more ideas? :)

The phone was idle in all calls, screen off, etc

Edited by ppatrao