[ROM] [U8350] [PROJECT] Sarah for U8350 boulder

Guest zenaufa

Guest cyberangel22k

Thanks for this.. trying it out now but I can't add my google account... flashed a Vending.apk then when adding google account, nothing happens.. Also, when adding thru accounts and sync, there is no option to add a google account instead it adds a gmail account but still fails to add my account..

-EDIT-

nevermind.. I've flashed all the G-apps ang everything works great.. thanks...

Edited by cyberangel22k

• 2 weeks later...
Guest plewis1981

Hi all I am having a few problems with this ROM and hope someone with a bit more insite may be able to help?

1. Getting quite a few random reboots.

2. Phone sometimes makes no sound for notifications or calls even though not in silent mode.

3. The keys on the phisical keyboard sometimes act as shortcuts to apps making typing very anoying. This is fixed by redooting.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by plewis1981

I love this ROM. Use it all the time and battery life is great. I have found only one significant bug. If I am making a phone call and I use the touch screen to dial the numbers, the digit one generates a # instead. Does anyone have a patch/fix for this?

Guest dirt squirrel

ROM is wonderful: Quite pleased, however 3 issues present:

1. Vitual digits - specific to #1 generates a ' # ' and not a ' 1 ' (as previously noted and personally experienced)

2. Wired microphone headset does not work, specifically the microphone does not work at all (coupled w/ reduced headphone volume - even w/ customized equalizer increased to max gain)

3. Custom Carrier Label: The custom text label does not change to corresponding roaming provider/tower...

** Any solutions, patches or rediretions would be greatly appreciated! (for me, unfortunately issue 2 is huge)

None-the-less, GREAT WORK on the ROM!

Thx!

Hi Dirt Squirrel, are you using the headset that came with the phone? Mine works just fine. There are, unfortunately, various standards for the wiring of headsets and I know that an iPhone headset would not work, for instance.

Can you explain more about the custom carrier label? I'm not familiar with it so don't know if I'm experiencing the same problems.

D

Guest dirt squirrel

Thank you for the reply dwp,

* I was using a wired headset that otherwised worked well with the stock rom (but will try the boxed headset). I know there are issued w/ CM7 builds and microphone volume etc. Re: Iphone headset, Apple has reversed the ground wiring on their specific products, forcing you to marry Apple to Apple.

Re: Carrier Label: The service provider I use has labeled their tower signals as a number (3024.....) - (Wind Mobile Canada). Their area of service is limited, thus I am roam a lot. If custom text the carrier label in the notification bar text (ie. to read Wind Mobile vs 3024...) the custom text does not change when I roam. If it is left to default, then the tower signal names will change (ie: to rogers vs 3024....). Regardless I still get the 'R' on the network bars either way, but it would be ideal to be able to have the custom text label be dynamic and change away from the primary provider "label" when roaming.

This all said, its likely more so an issue with my provider, alternative I believe their is a way to manipulate the tower label within.....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1442023

Can this be applied to us with this rom? I am very much new...

Thx dwp et al!

Guest dirt squirrel

* The headphones/microphone provided w/ the headset works well with the ROM (not sure why others won't work w/ this ROM, but work well with stock ROM) -- thx agian dwp!

* Does anyone know if I switch out the eri.xml file for this ROM and replace it with the stock ROM eri.xml file - that my aforementioned carrier issues will be resolved.

I cannot figure out which code to relabel within the Sara ROM eri.xml file to rename my carrier name (wind mobile - canada) as opposed to the current 302490 label

Switching on/off airplane mode does not help to re name the numbers to wind home as suggested elsewhere.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Hi guys,I live in Oxford,Is there anyone close who can root,Do the clockwork recovery,And Flash the Project Sarah rom,Add the patch for back light.Not asking for much is it hahaha,I am 65 yrs old I cant get my head around it.I have 2 Orange Barcelona's one is mine the other for my wife in the Philippines.I don't mind paying for the privilege.Please Guys must be some one who can help.Here's hoping.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest djclaudiu

Hei, i installed this ROM to my blouder 8350, also with keyboard patch . It is working perfect . Now I'm testing the battery. I'm using Cosmote Romania .

thanks to zenaufa .... this project I expect from a while ..

Does anyone know a link to some nice themes for this ?

Edited by djclaudiu

Guest spindoc4u

Thanks Zenaufa

It' working great.

If possible, could you debug some minor issues?

* Bug report

- 'ã…‚' is not displayed in Korean mode.

I'm using Korean keyboard as 2nd keyborad. When I type 'q' using H/W keyboard to display 'ã…‚', it's not working and just display 'q' instead of 'ã…‚'.(code:45)

I've tested 2 Korean keyboard and have same problem. Other keys are working well and stock rom has no problem for this.

Only H/W keyboard has this problem. S/W keyboard has no problem.

- 2nd Keyboard unchecked when device rebooted

When I reboot my device reboot, 2nd keyboard option in setting is autmatically unchecked. I should check again when I reboot.

* Request

- Don't need to display screen(S/W) keyboard at landscape mode but displayed.

I think it dose not need to be displayed when I use H/W keyboard.

If possible, please debug as same with stock Rom.

- Short cut

Could you add short cut fuction using H/W key combination as same with Stock rom?

Thank again.

• 3 months later...
Guest Cpfoxhunt

Big Thank to Zenaufa for this rom. All is ok :wub:

Thank a lot fuckit for this information, so I have made a patch to fix this issue :

ICI (source)

For French users, I also fix the qwerty keyboard in azerty :

ICI (source)

Those patchs should be installed in recovery mode of course.

Enjoy ! :)

Hello! Firstly just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in this - it's a great mod and blows the stock firmware out of the water.

Secondly, does anyone have a link to the patch files?

Cheers very much!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest KaaMyA

Thank you so much, zenaufa for your ROM.

I appreciate it!

I started to use it since 2 days ago and I'm able to delete and add all stuff as usual, no problems there :)

What I saw that was different there, was:

* There are 2 apps under the name of "Camera" (they even use the same icon), but one of them is actually the "Gallery" application.

* There isn't any "Radio" application, I suppose that it doesn't exist on the ROM you took as base. However, I installed "Radio 1.0" app that a partner shared before, but it just doesn't work. Perhaps there's something missed in order to make it work.

About make-up, I have a little suggestion:

* I love that grey startup logo. I'd like to replace my Huawei logo with it from the very beginning (it's actually being shown like 10 seconds after Huawei's).

* I think that would be great to keep the same grey background for the screen that shows that "Please wait while starting + white Holo circle" also.

No squares, just that text and that white circle. I think it would make all startup to look softer :)

Thank you so much for your work, I think I'll stick with your ROM from now! ;)

Edited by KaaMyA

Guest KaaMyA

Sorry... I've anoter report..

* Wi-Fi signal strenght seems weaker than expected (like 6mts. from modem). I had Huawei U8350 Kenya's ROM and Wi-Fi range was about 20mts.

Edited by KaaMyA

Guest KaaMyA

I'd like to know if is actually possible to get Radio on this phone...

I've been reading about "Spirit FM", but I haven't been able to make it run (some "Audio" settings even make my phone to break and is forced to reboot).

I also remember something about Cyanogenmod improving Radio compatibility by taking some API for 9x and 10x versions.

I'm not so good at English, could someone explain me some facts about that application and Cyanogenmod plains?

Would be good to see a newer version of Sarah, stronger and improved, but zenaufa has been out for a while...

Thanks!

Edited by KaaMyA