[ISSUE] battery drain (betterbatterystats)

Guest wwwjunk

Guest wrtease

well i suggest you charge it to 100% when on then turn it of and charge it when off for about 30 mins then us it .and also clear battery stats in clock work .i do this .worth a try

Guest wwwjunk

already done that. need more tecnhical help ;)

Can't figure out what is happening. Lots of battery drain and almost no apps and everything turned off.

This is my /system/app:

ApplicationsProvider.apk

BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk

Bluetooth.apk

BluetoothServices.apk

Browser.apk

Calculator.apk

CertInstaller.apk

Contacts.apk

ContactsExt.apk

ContactsProvider.apk

DefaultContainerService.apk

DeskClock.apk

DownloadProvider.apk

DownloadProviderUi.apk

Email.apk

Gallery2.apk

GoogleLoginService.apk

GoogleServicesFramework.apk

HTMLViewer.apk

HwCamera.apk

HwFileManager.apk

HwFMRadio.apk

KeyChain.apk

LatinIME.apk

MediaCenter.apk

MediaProvider.apk

Mms.apk

PackageInstaller.apk

Phone.apk

Phonesky.apk

PicoTts.apk

PrivInit.apk

Settings.apk

SettingsProvider.apk

SetupWizard.apk

Stk.apk

Superuser.apk

SystemUI.apk

TelephonyProvider.apk

ToolBox.apk

UserDictionaryProvider.apk

Wiper.apk

Edited by wwwjunk

Guest wwwjunk

Have done that too. Can't find out what is waking the device.

I 'm "new" to batterystats. Never had this type of issues with any phone/rom. Just with ICS and G300.

Edited by wwwjunk

Guest Fabrizioso

I think 20% down in 8 hours is not so bad, not sure if there is really a problem. There were ROMs (e.g. on the Blade) that killed the battery completely within that time...

My best result with B927 is 30 hours until being at <10%. That was with 3G On, Wifi On, BT On, using A2DB Streaming for more than one hour and frequent use (checking mails etc.). I am really happy with this. And in contrary to the above my feeling is that Wifi has only low impact on the battery which is really nice as it prevents you from switching it off and on manually all the time.

Regards

Fabrizio

Guest wwwjunk

I use android for a very long time and NEVER have seen nothing like this in my phones.

Battery is draining VERY fast for what i usually do.

Thank you for your help but you are all missing the point here.

With Gingerbread this doesn't happen with same usage/apps. There is something wrong and can't find out what.

Guest fic119

i used full batery to download angry birds-play for 30 mins-talk 10 mins and my batery was at 9%, so there is an issue. WIFI was dissabled.

With all other roms i never had that problem, with wifi active, using gps and playing it took 2-3 days to reach 9%.

Guest droiddruid

Playing games totally destroys battery life IMO. Maybe once we have true OpenGL things may improve.

I have had 2 and a half days with Wi-Fi on before needing a charge with moderate use.

BetterBatteryStats should show you your partial wakelocks. Maybe something is stopping your phone sleeping?

Edited by droiddruid

Guest fic119

i play games only 1nce on week or even less, but in all other roms i never lost so much batery. Just to know i had batery at 80% before 1st post and now im at 75%, i didnt played/called/wifi so there is a big issue. my phone is 2 months old so we cant talk that my phone/battery is old.

I will go back at 926 just to save battery life

Guest MrPuddington

I figured out my battery problem on B885: in some situations the phone would leave the audio amplifier on. If you listened to the speaker very closely, you could here a faint noise even when the phone was in standby. The battery stats did not display the battery use correctly, but obviously the battery level still goes down, even though it shouldn't really.

So I think it is worth watching for "hidden" battery use.

Guest wwwjunk

Ok.... removed some more system apps, disabled the only two widgets i use (music and radio).

New test again :) Lets see if there is any difference. I have 1/3 battery life than what i had with gingerbread. ICS can't be that bad, or is it?

Guest tillaz

huaweis ICS has some seriously stupid battery problems...

my battery just rapidly doped from 40% to 34% in a matter of 3min's,

i rebooted the phone and it went from been 34% to 45% :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Guest wwwjunk

I've openned/used/closed the usual apps and i'm waiting for a full charge to do another run on betterbatterystats.

I really don't want to go back to Gingerbread, but if battery issues don't stop, will go. When i had b894 all was fine.

This thing runs smoooooooth and it's pretty, but sucks all the power!!

@ tillaz & runlevel5

here it happens the same, but only about 3-4%

Guest tillaz

I've openned/used/closed the usual apps and i'm waiting for a full charge to do another run on betterbatterystats.

I really don't want to go back to Gingerbread, but if battery issues don't stop, will go. When i had b894 all was fine.

This thing runs smoooooooth and it's pretty, but sucks all the power!!

@ tillaz & runlevel5

here it happens the same, but only about 3-4%

after experiencing this i don't think the battery life is bad, its just been shown totally inaccurate...

battery readings are a total mess

Guest wwwjunk

Yesterday it was pretty accurate ;)

Had around 20% battery, didn't touch the phone. After 1h30m phone was dead and didn't power on anymore. Pretty fast draining.

But you are also right. If i use it for a while then let it rest, battery usually goes up a little.

Still a good phone, don't regret buying it

You lucky guys :D

Must have something wrong here, and will find out what

Edited by wwwjunk

Guest timfimjim

My battery life is pretty good but I've got other problems with my g300 at the moment,namely this damn storage issue. Since getting a nexus 7 I've barely used my phone for anything but texts and calls

Edited by timfimjim

Guest Colossae3.23

I've seen this fluctuating battery levels with GB too. Not the fast drain, but the up's and down's for no real reason. I discovered about a week ago that Antutu has a battery saver app. https://play.google....3dlcnNhdmVyIl0.

I tried Juice defender and other apps on the Blade years ago, and I don't think they did much. But, this one seems really good, AND the readings are now stable. It would be good if someone else tried it to see if it's just me?

Edited by Colossae3.23