• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Orange Unlocking

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I've owned my SF2 since Christmas and It's flashed with CWM and a custom ROM. Now, I would like to unlock my device but I don't trust myself. Orange offer a service where they unlock your device for you if you pay them £20 and have been with them for at least 3 month. I'm wondering whether they would simply give me an unlock code or if they'd have to take my device out of my hands? If they have to take my device then surely they'd realise it's rooted, has custom recovery and custom ROM and I'd lose my warranty for good.

Thanks,

Curtis.

Posted

You've lost your warranty already - you've just not lost the ability to lie about it.

I'm not sure if the process with a proper unlock for the Crescent is the same as the G300, but I just got given an unlock code that I had to punch in when I inserted another SIM, it went to "request unlock" and boom, done. I'm fairly sure it'll be the same, though.

The unlock procedure really isn't that bad, though. (not when you compare it to the G300's downgrade... :P)

Posted

Yeah but if anything happens to my phone I can just flash a stock rom and I'm good to take it back and get it fixed for free, done it plenty of times with my Galaxy 5 and I don' t feel guilty lying about it.

Thanks for the reply, I'll call into Orange during the week and I'll see how it goes.

It doesn't look too bad, I don't really want to have to flash stock recovery again then go through the tutorial, then the case of loosing the MAC address and essentially having a £100 paperweight, it just seems like a lot of hassle.

Thanks again

Posted

The older ZTE's can be unlocked via IMEI calculator, somewhere free on the web just a little search away.

As for this device you've got the software flash method, which works perfectly if you follow the steps, or, ask around see if you know anyone with access to a "Furious Gold" box.