[ROM][V4][Skate] MIUI V4 2.8.3

Guest zukriaksah

Guest sui785

OK, I have perfect ROM now. Things which I have done:

1. I have copied (from previous ROM) missing in this release: Email.apk, Exchange.apk,net.cdeguet.smartkeyboardpro.166.apk,Ringo.apk,ru.familion.hdwallpapers_3.apk to /system/app

2. I have change permissions for files copied above (mount volume RW in root explorer)

3.Restart >>> Maill, HD Wallpapers, Ringo Pro, Smarkeyboard ARE BACK :)

4. I coudn't choose smark keboard as input >> I used Root Explorer to delete Android Keyboard >> Restart >> My default Keboard is Smrt keyboard :)

5. I found why we can just use 1 ringtone. The problem IS PERMISSIONS. We need to copy rintones to /system/media/audio/rigtones AND change permissions (compare with working one) :)

6. I flashed full version of gapps

7. I didn't like boot logo, to get proper MIUI one I copied over bootanimation.zip to /system/media/ folder :)

8. I installed gmail from google play

9. I installed amazing spiderman from google play.

What's your system partition size? No way you could've gotten full gapps + email + exchange on a 200mb partition.

Guest crnadakm

What are the changes in new version?

Old one had some bugs:

- GPS would not stop searching for location after being used

- Proximity sensor was not working, phone screen was going off during call and it stayd like that all the time until call was finished.

- I could not use native move to SD and sometimes it used to report that there is no space available for download (random small gplay apps) and there was about 70 MBs

I'd like to use some CM9 based ROM, PA is to unstable and it gets FCs after messing with hybrid settings. This one looks cool but also has some major bugos for me as stated above ...

Edited by crnadakm

Guest zukriaksah

What are the changes in new version?

Old one had some bugs:

- GPS would not stop searching for location after being used

- Proximity sensor was not working, phone screen was going off during call and it stayd like that all the time until call was finished.

- I could not use native move to SD and sometimes it used to report that there is no space available for download (random small gplay apps) and there was about 70 MBs

I'd like to use some CM9 based ROM, PA is to unstable and it gets FCs after messing with hybrid settings. This one looks cool but also has some major bugos for me as stated above ...

what do u understand with "proximity sensor is working"?

Just installed it, working great, but I get an error with link2sd: "Mount script cannot be created."

Any help please? I installed superuser and allowed link2sd, also I have a working sd partition (should be ext3 now, since i wiped data)

EDIT: formatted 2nd partition to fat32 from a reader, restarted skate, still the same error.

Edited by m4te

Guest sui785
Just installed it, working great, but I get an error with link2sd: "Mount script cannot be created."

Any help please? I installed superuser and allowed link2sd, also I have a working sd partition (should be ext3 now, since i wiped data)

EDIT: formatted 2nd partition to fat32 from a reader, restarted skate, still the same error.

Works fine here.

Guest sui785

can't root or get gapps installed . could you please offer us a now version rooted with gapps?

You must follow the flash order to the letter:

• Do full wipe (wipe data, wipe cache, format system, wipe dalvik cache) if you came from another rom. Just wipe cache and dalvik cache if you came from MIUI V4 2.7.13
  • Flash MIUI
  • Flash SuperUser
  • Flash Gapps
  • Reboot & enjoy

And for full gapps you need more space.

Edited by sui785

Guest sui785

Is it possible to include the stock email app in next release? I copied it from previous version to system/app and fixed permissions but it gives a strange error on boot: "System UID's are inconsistent".

Guest jingxi

You must follow the flash order to the letter:

• Do full wipe (wipe data, wipe cache, format system, wipe dalvik cache) if you came from another rom. Just wipe cache and dalvik cache if you came from MIUI V4 2.7.13
  • Flash MIUI
  • Flash SuperUser
  • Flash Gapps
  • Reboot & enjoy

And for full gapps you need more space.

YES i followed the order , but it didn't work .

Guest nex537

Hi all im new user skate, i have problem with miui when im install all good and enter on titanium backup and uninstal somteing app not system app! when i got bootlop...... :huh: help pls

Edited by nex537

Guest uzb777

Error when i copying a contact from the sim card to the phone memory (error com.android.phone)...

Where is a bootanimation.zip file? I want to delete it :)

Guest zukriaksah

Hi all im new user skate, i have problem with miui when im install all good and enter on titanium backup and uninstal somteing app not system app! when i got bootlop...... :huh: help pls

If no system files hv been deleted, maybe u can try pull out the battery, put it back & restart

Guest mhstrijbos
Hi There,

Basically three questions,

1. What sort of battery life do you get whilst playing MP3's

2. What battery life do you get whilst connected to GPRS such as leaving MSN Messenger active.

Thanks

James

will the data switch bug be fixed?