• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[ROM-GEN 2] CyanMobile eXperience Blade 2.3.8 (21st July 2012 - Update)

144 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It's true that at least some more detailed description would be nice sometimes, but I like the way it's uhm... "organized". Kinda familiar to my desktop. :D

Posted · Report post

It's true that at least some more detailed description would be nice sometimes, but I like the way it's uhm... "organized". Kinda familiar to my desktop. :D

Are you running KDE 3.1 on your desktop? ;)

Posted · Report post

Are you running KDE 3.1 on your desktop? ;)

LOL :D

I meant my irl desktop...

I don't like kde by the way. Either gnome2 or mate, or I'll stick to a shell instead.

Posted · Report post

can someone pls share the link for the latest release. getting file not found on mediafire for the links previously posted. Thanks a ton

Posted · Report post

Noone can share?

Posted · Report post

lvbubi..I am using your trimmed release with your gapps with 128 MB sys partition. but I am getting frequent random reboots. Any inputs on how to solve the issue?

Posted · Report post

I tried complete wipe with a clean install. Now I am facing a weird problem. It installs fine and then loads ok. But when I reboot after loading it goes into boot loop with the google icon. I really want to try this tomorrow but need some guidance from experts to make it work. Thanks

Posted · Report post

hmm this looks interesting. any disadvantages over CM7.2, other than increased time to set up?

does this stuff http://blade.windows98.co.uk/ work with this too?

Posted · Report post

after looking through the code, there are no special "api's" that differ from 2.3.7, it's mostly changed frameworks and the kernel isn't 3.33.33.33 either.

This is CM7.2 with changed frameworks and nothing more, the backported stuff is not really backported either, it's just a lookalike much like holo launcher or similar stuff is, it's themed but nothing special.

So, setting his own versions is daft and especially when it comes to the kernel, adding that string to kernel version is just daft, unusually daft.

hmm this looks interesting. any disadvantages over CM7.2, other than increased time to set up?

does this stuff http://blade.windows98.co.uk/ work with this too?

Considering that this IS CM7.2 with changed frameworks, android 2.3.7 with a 2.6.35 kernel and all version numbers invented to make it seem as if it is not, no, no disadvantages apart from instability because of the sheer number of hacks of the framework.

And yeah, i did review the code, this isn't android 2.3.8 and there are no "new api's" nor is the kernel version 3.33.33.33.

If it's anything it's riced up standard, it's not going to become a better car because you slap "TypeR" stickers on it and it won't be a better ROM because you make up version numbers which have nothing to do with reality.

Posted · Report post

there's a more updated version here http://www.mediafire...7ptv7r3wkntbx96

Yes, this is the latest, its posted in the facebook page of CyanMobile. But i don't know the chanelog. (I tried to find it few days ago, but no luck)

Posted · Report post

Yep, Dev stop working on this project becouse, his computer was broken. Maybe someone have this version of rom what i post under? Link to mediafire are broken

update-CyanMobile-eXperience-Blade-20130331-Release.zip or 288_update-cyanmobile-experience-blade-20130401-release_(1).zip

no just find this http://www.mediafire.com/download/b7t9znd29ntvnax/update-cyanmobile-experience-blade-20130220-release.zip

Posted · Report post

Anyone can upload the rom?