mac address repair

Guest swukjay

Guest swukjay

Hi I bought a skate of ebay and its working well however the mac address say the dreaded 22 33 44 thing , is there anyway to fix this without knowing the original and does it make any difference to connecting to wifi as im trying to connect to my router but it just keeps saying connecting the disconnected in a continuous cycle.

Guest swukjay

right it would appear that it wont conect with that mac address , i have found qpst and the program written to repair the mac address however i cannot find a stock tpt with ftm recovery so i can do the repair, can somebody point me to a tpt with stock recovery please?

Guest swukjay

Update and a interesting find, couldn't find the 11 22 33 etc in hex editor so i decided to edit the nv file , not a permanent solution but nothing major and i made a strange discovery , under macaddr there were 2 addresses on 2 lines the 1st line contained what must be the mac address but started of with a # in front of it , the second had no # just macaddr and the 11:22:22 like so , so all i did was remove the 2nd line and remove the # at the beginning of the 1st line and viola WiFi works with a mac address , thought i would mention it in case anybody else has seen this as the mac address had clearly been edited in some way and a line added.

Guest omegavesko

To clarify, a line marked with # in Unix means it's commented out, as in the operating system will not read it.

Not entirely sure how that happened here, though. Definitely seems to be deliberate.

Guest swukjay

This is well know problem with unlock procedure.

Read this : http://www.modaco.co...nlocked-now-up/

Hi , Yes Been on that guide and my handset does not contain any line in hex matching that description however by editing system\etc\nv_4319.txt in a txt editor like root explorer i was able to find my original mac in that file and restore it ! what i cannot understand is why my original mac address would be in that file with a # in front of it?