No wifi passwords required

Guest Deleth

Guest Deleth

Just set my new Nexus up and it connected to my sky wifi modem (WPA PSK) without any password input. I can surf the net, updates work, google calender works etc. I disconnected from sky and connected to my tplink wifi router (WPA/WPA2 PSK) in the lounge, again full connection with no password required. Does this mean I have Hot spots wherever I use my Nexus if it connects without passwords?

Guest flashyphotos

If you have used an andoid device to connect to the wifi on your google account then the passwords have been harvested, stored on your account and downloaded to the NExus for use

Its a "Feature"

Guest Deleth

First connected at work then brought it home. Didn't know about the feature, I have a G300 connected with the wifi. Thanks for the info, not sure how I feel about this particular feature thou :unsure:

Guest flashyphotos

No, same here, not sure how long its been in operation, seen it mentioned on several forums over the past few days,

My Nexus had my home and work network details in it as soon as I used the Google account that I used on a Galaxy S3 I was testing a few weeks ago,

Guest PaulOBrien
No, same here, not sure how long its been in operation, seen it mentioned on several forums over the past few days,

My Nexus had my home and work network details in it as soon as I used the Google account that I used on a Galaxy S3 I was testing a few weeks ago,

That feature has been around ages!

P

Guest flashyphotos

That feature has been around ages!

P

Cheers P

Thats the problem I have been away on the Dark side with iOS for a few years and having to relearn all this android again.. So its all new to me (In a pleasent way)