Vega alternative for under £150?

Guest lissali

Guest lissali

Hi, i have a vega and really like it. My daughter would like a tablet for her birthday and I would be really grateful if you could let me know your opinions on any newer tablets for under £150 which match or beat Vegas spec. Or should I get a Vega off eby?

Thanks

Melissa

Guest hydo1

If you'd compromise on screen size and spend a tenner more the Nexus 7 is great.

7 Inch screen

Tegra 3 Quad core

16 GB storage

Android Jellybean

Guest hydo1

The blackberry playbook is down to £129

Yeh, but it's terrible. It'll have poor support from Blackberry and I really can't see anyone making apps for it.

Edited by hydo1

Guest comicbookguy

If you'd compromise on screen size and spend a tenner more the Nexus 7 is great.

7 Inch screen

Tegra 3 Quad core

16 GB storage

Android Jellybean

Agreed!

Guest IanTurner

Yeh, but it's terrible. It'll have poor support from Blackberry and I really can't see anyone making apps for it.

Ahem has the capability to run google apps, has support from the crackberry community and the Advent vega has no support from Advent.

• 2 months later...
Guest Sandy mk1

I can recommend the 64gb Playbook. I picked one up yesterday, at £129 for 64gb it was a smash of a deal, even if it subsequently only gets used as a media player and occcasional web browser. If you want to save some more money I think the 16gb model is only £108 or £118 maybe.

I picked it up for my 1 year old to learn on, plus if he busts it up a bit at least it was cheap, i'd be in tears if he wrecked my SGT which I've had since release and am currently running Jellybean on.

Worth noting the build quality on the Playbook is second to none, it feels better in you hand than a premium iPad for example. Its so intuitive to use too, I had an unbiased colleage rate between his prized iphone OS, my Tab running Jelly bean and the Playbook and he was so impressed after a 5 minute play he promptly ordered a Playbook.

Playbook has its own app store, which has a decent number of apps, although the paying apps are expensive in general. But the sheer ease in side-loading Android apps on a playbook is a joy. Sure the easiest way is via your PC connected to the Playbook but its so easy.

If your technical enough to use Modaco site, and have rooted/flashed your Android tablet/phone then side-loading some converted Android apps will be a walk in the park. Plenty of decent forums/sites for side-loading too, loads of tested apps.

Edited by Sandy mk1

• 1 month later...