Soo, anyone got one?

Guest Sebastian404

Guest lordjubblydave

you are welcome to, can currently buy a brand new dual core android for £124 and it's not a chinese import

What phone ?

I am looking for something with a bit more beef than the G300

Guest Sir_Didymus

Hmm here's hoping the ZTE Era comes in for less than £250 because it's not looking likely with the Grand X selling for 200 and even more simfree. I think it will enter the market at around £300 and then drop towards the £250 mark eventually.

Guest tillaz

Hmm here's hoping the ZTE Era comes in for less than £250 because it's not looking likely with the Grand X selling for 200 and even more simfree. I think it will enter the market at around £300 and then drop towards the £250 mark eventually.

have you read my post, above...

the grand x is not using the Kia platform... its tegra 2, and cost more to produce

look at the specs of the nexus 7 tablet (uses tegra 3 kia platform)

7inch 720p IPS display...

1GB RAM

quad core tegra 3

8gb storage

£159.99... all its missing is a cellular radio, witch i cant see adding more than £90 to the value...

nvidia say 30 tegra 3 handsets will ship this year using the affordable kia platform... zte era is one of them...

so expect to see a lot of sub £250 tegra 3 devices this Christmas, they did say its the Chinese market that will start it off though, so...

Guest Sebastian404

£159.99... all its missing is a cellular radio, witch i cant see adding more than £90 to the value...

Cellular hardware (the traditional 3g, not LTE) would add less than $1 to the price, however the 'hidden' costs would be all the time and effort spend on antenna placement / development , and then compliance testing, and you have to multiply that by every market its going to be sold in, that sort of testing goes on for months sometimes.

There is a reason there is a 100$ difference between iPads with and without cellular (its not totally down to the Apple Tax)

Guest tillaz

Cellular hardware (the traditional 3g, not LTE) would add less than $1 to the price, however the 'hidden' costs would be all the time and effort spend on antenna placement / development , and then compliance testing, and you have to multiply that by every market its going to be sold in, that sort of testing goes on for months sometimes.

There is a reason there is a 100$ difference between iPads with and without cellular (its not totally down to the Apple Tax)

i know, but even with an extra £63 ($100) it would still be under £250

Guest hugobosslives

you are welcome to, can currently buy a brand new dual core android for £124 and it's not a chinese import

yer but that has a tiny screen. don't think I could go back to a blade sized screen anymore.

All we need is this 250 quid quad core phone to be sold in the UK (and be unlockable and with an open bootloader) and this site will have a new blade sized forum :D