Samsung Omnia i900 & WM6.x.x ROMs and Apps (re-uploaded, July 2012, Mostly WQVGA))

Guest BorisGVG

Guest BorisGVG

hey guy's

I am looking for the icon look like iphone for my i900.I have some already and it look like a iphone and work very well.I just put the iphonetoday,idialer,etc from some one whom said that he is going to make more like a game folder,skype icon etc Do you know where i can find more of them.

thank you.

willy

Willy, google is your best friend. try searching here on MoDaCo or on xda-developers forum. Search for keyword like: iphone icons for windows mobile. If you found some, than Omnia i900 uses icons (png images) with 96dpi, everything above will be messy or not showing at all, so you have to scale them down to 96dpi.

I didn't quite understand you, you are searching for one specific icon or set of iPhone look-a-like icons? Can you provide us with a screenshots of your Omnia i900, just so we have a clear clue what are you looking for and we might help you. Thanks

Cheers.

Guest dreccon
hey guy's

I am looking for the icon look like iphone for my i900.I have some already and it look like a iphone and work very well.I just put the iphonetoday,idialer,etc from some one whom said that he is going to make more like a game folder,skype icon etc Do you know where i can find more of them.

thank you.

willy

To be honest, I don't know anything about iPhone icons. What I do know is that high resolution icons consume more RAM and make the phone slower. That's why I always used the native iconset even with themed front ends.

• 1 month later...
Guest eugenko

Hi Boris,

i'm currently using ockEclipse WM6.5 build 23118 ROM and it is somehow very slow i feel.

Which ROM are you using / do you recommend regarding speed?

Thanks.

Guest BorisGVG

Hi Boris,

i'm currently using ockEclipse WM6.5 build 23118 ROM and it is somehow very slow i feel.

Which ROM are you using / do you recommend regarding speed?

Thanks.

Did you download from my 4Shared folder or somewhere else? Do you use ockEclipse 23118 or ockEclipse 23118 Refreshed?

All ROMs I uploaded on my 4Shared folder are chosen by my criteria and that means they are all the best by my experience.

The criteria how I choose ROMS are:

- Stability

- Performance

- Speed

- Design

- Battery Life

So that means whatever ROM you choose from my 4Shared folder you won't do a mistake, they are all the best roms out there for Omnia i900.

About your problem, did you do this steps:

- Before you flash the rom, did you do a hard reset of your Omnia i900?

- After flashing (considering that flashing went well) Have you did 2-3 hard resets? (this is crucial for removing leftovers from the previous roms, so you won't have conflicts with the files from the new rom)

- If you haven't did 2-3 hard resets after flashing the new rom, please do it now, I will suggest 2 hard resets one after another, do not set anything like touch screen calibration, time, date etc, you can do that after those 2 hard resets.

Do this and let me know how did go.

I'm currently using Steff's 29020 Lite with SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5

Edited by BorisGVG

Guest eugenko

i was using the original (non-refreshed) rom from ock's thread here for some years.

i was doing no hard resets.

so now i flashed to ock Premium 29005 (i dont like the manila home screen) and made two hard resets.

not sure if it is much better - probably just already used to have better response with my laptop with ssd and dual-core android tablet...

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cocoroco

Hi guys, I am very happy I found this thread and thankful to all the people who worked on all these stuff...

I got this Omnia phone and I want to use the full Internet experience (Flash), I've searched the forums, but I can't get a full answer. And I see that all you here are using Omnias.

So, PLEASE, is these anyone who can explain HOW TO GET IT TO WORK on my Omnia, I found these threads:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?p=3495932

http://www.modaco.co..._60#entry991162

But, it is pretty hard for me. Can someone explain these methods in a tutorial, or probably there is another method to get flash to work on Omnia, cause these here are old.

I would really appreciate if someone will answer.

Thank you.

Guest BorisGVG

Hi guys, I am very happy I found this thread and thankful to all the people who worked on all these stuff...

I got this Omnia phone and I want to use the full Internet experience (Flash), I've searched the forums, but I can't get a full answer. And I see that all you here are using Omnias.

So, PLEASE, is these anyone who can explain HOW TO GET IT TO WORK on my Omnia, I found these threads:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?p=3495932

http://www.modaco.co..._60#entry991162

But, it is pretty hard for me. Can someone explain these methods in a tutorial, or probably there is another method to get flash to work on Omnia, cause these here are old.

I would really appreciate if someone will answer.

Thank you.

I've read on some other thread that you have WM 6.1 on your omnia. If thats the case you need to flash it with a WM6.5.x rom. Do not ask for step by step of how to flash a new rom cuz there are lots of tutorials of how to do it here and on xda-developers. Do a research.

Second of all, latest Opera versions for Omnia i900 are Opera Mini 5.1 and Opera Mobile 10 (I use Opera Mini 5.1 and I am very pleased).

There is no full experience on Omnia i900, those are just work-arounds. Thats usually with Opera Mobile 10, you cannot do that with Opera Mini 5.1. Then you have to install .NET 3.5 (all custom WM 6.5.x roms for Omnia have that already cooked in, and one more thing, Latest WM for Omnia i900 is WM 6.1, there is no official WM 6.5.x for Omnia, those are ported ROMs for Omnia i900)

I personally don't use those work-arounds for flash working inside the browser Opera Mobile 10, cuz that drains RAM a lot and cause your phone to work slow. On the other hand I use Opera Mini 5.1 and whenever I click some link on youtube to watch it or other similar sites, it opens in the builted in Windows Media Player, thats almost like having video worked inside the browser. I am satisfied with that.

I can see that you are not familiar with flashing roms, editing registry in the rom or do any other tweak. So my recommendation to you is DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR TO, cuz that way you will screw up something and you will have to do a hard reset and maybe lose valuable data. Those tweaks are for power users like me who know how to do that. If you want to become one of us, then i suggest you do a lots of reading on forums like this one, xda-developers, pocketnow, or others.

Hope this helped you to see things from other angle.

P.S. Noone will give you step by step tutorial cuz everything that is connected to WM or hpones using WM is already discussed on already mentioned forums, you just have to do your homework and do some serious reading. :)

Edited by BorisGVG

Guest cocoroco

Thank you very much for your insight. I really appreciate. But the thing is that these 2 guys on the links that I posted have done it, they did on wm 6.1 and it worked, and it should be complicated as I understand. I just hoped that someone could explain a little bit better. For example this one:

"I was able to upgrade my Opera Mobile 9.5 on my omnia to flashlite 3.1, i am not sure if this is a problem with other phones but it was with the omnia.

What I found was that after installing Flashlite 3.1 opera mobile plugin settings did not update to the appropriate registry key.

I found that the plugin config for opera is under the folder Application Data/opera9XXX and the file is axobjects.ini

Copy this file to your desktop and modify the CLSID registry key under [shockwave Flash] to match the registry key for flashlite 3.1

This key can be found by using a .CAB editor like WinCE or by searching the registry \HKCR\ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash\CLSID

**This does not work with the current beta available on opera.com but works with pre-installed versions.**

I hope this is of some help to people!"

Where can I find the flashlite 3.1 registry? and some over questions.

But, are you saying that there is no way to use WM 6.1 and to have a browser that works fine flash or even that works with opera mini 5.1 that would open videos in windows media player? Do I need WM 6.5 to be able to surf flash content? I really don't to flash another ROM, I like as it is. I just want to view websites normally.

What if I install .NET 35 on WM 6.1 ?

And this method:

"So, what I did was to install opera 9 to My storage but copied all the install to win folder, and also application data/opera9 what was necessery, did an opera.ini file that points to the right places, especially to my storage, and also edited the axobjets.ini to point to FL3.1 clsid that I found in registry, then copied this ini to app data/opera9. BANG! Everything works, Youtube, etc. Wonderfull... If anyone needs files, help, I'll be glad to help. Thanx s0cks, and the link above, I'd never-ever find the right place for shockwave registry settings for opera...."

How to do a .ini file that points somewhere? and other question...

I am sorry, but I just want to make it work on WM 6.1 with tweaks and it is not a problem if it eats a little of ram, I have nothing else installed on my phone.

Thanks a lot.

Guest BorisGVG

Thank you very much for your insight. I really appreciate. But the thing is that these 2 guys on the links that I posted have done it, they did on wm 6.1 and it worked, and it should be complicated as I understand. I just hoped that someone could explain a little bit better. For example this one:

"I was able to upgrade my Opera Mobile 9.5 on my omnia to flashlite 3.1, i am not sure if this is a problem with other phones but it was with the omnia.

What I found was that after installing Flashlite 3.1 opera mobile plugin settings did not update to the appropriate registry key.

I found that the plugin config for opera is under the folder Application Data/opera9XXX and the file is axobjects.ini

Copy this file to your desktop and modify the CLSID registry key under [shockwave Flash] to match the registry key for flashlite 3.1

This key can be found by using a .CAB editor like WinCE or by searching the registry \HKCR\ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash\CLSID

**This does not work with the current beta available on opera.com but works with pre-installed versions.**

I hope this is of some help to people!"

Where can I find the flashlite 3.1 registry? and some over questions.

But, are you saying that there is no way to use WM 6.1 and to have a browser that works fine flash or even that works with opera mini 5.1 that would open videos in windows media player? Do I need WM 6.5 to be able to surf flash content? I really don't to flash another ROM, I like as it is. I just want to view websites normally.

What if I install .NET 35 on WM 6.1 ?

And this method:

"So, what I did was to install opera 9 to My storage but copied all the install to win folder, and also application data/opera9 what was necessery, did an opera.ini file that points to the right places, especially to my storage, and also edited the axobjets.ini to point to FL3.1 clsid that I found in registry, then copied this ini to app data/opera9. BANG! Everything works, Youtube, etc. Wonderfull... If anyone needs files, help, I'll be glad to help. Thanx s0cks, and the link above, I'd never-ever find the right place for shockwave registry settings for opera...."

How to do a .ini file that points somewhere? and other question...

I am sorry, but I just want to make it work on WM 6.1 with tweaks and it is not a problem if it eats a little of ram, I have nothing else installed on my phone.

Thanks a lot.

Dude, you haven't read or understand anything what I write you in the previous post, didn't you?

yes, you can install .NET 3.5 cuz its newer and better than 3.1, Also they did it with Opera Mobile 9.5 (which came preinstall on stock WM6.1).

To explain to you how to do the tweaks and editing registry I have to write a whole 200 pages tutorial so you can learn it. Everything you need is answered on this forums and xda-developers, be a good boy, do your research like we did it few years ago. Whatever you do, you will do it on your own risk. And in case you didn't noticed, that post is like 3 and a half years ago. I would really recommend flashing a new WM 6.5.x rom cuz that way you will have so much more space in the Device memory and so much more RAM than now you have on your stock WM 6.1 and not to mention that UI and menues are way much more touch friendly or should I say stylus free, you will not have to use stylus anymore. Choose whatever ROM you want from my list in the first post of this thread, they are all tested on my Omnia and all are the best for Omnia i900. :)

Guest cocoroco

OK, thanks a lot and sorry...now I understand. I will flash it with a WM 6.5 ROM. Can you recommend a ROM from your list? I don't want it spicy or with a lot programs that I don't need. Just the basics so that I can add later what I want.

Maybe this one: Steff195's 29020 V2 Normal (for Windows XP) though I have WIN7 64 installed on my computer.

Thanks

Guest BorisGVG

OK, thanks a lot and sorry...now I understand. I will flash it with a WM 6.5 ROM. Can you recommend a ROM from your list? I don't want it spicy or with a lot programs that I don't need. Just the basics so that I can add later what I want.

Maybe this one: Steff195's 29020 V2 Normal (for Windows XP) though I have WIN7 64 installed on my computer.

Thanks

Yes. thats the ROM I have it now on my Omnia i900, but mine is Lite, not Normal. No big difference. Whatever ROM you choose from my list, you won't be mistaken. Now, since you have Win 7, you need to search: Flashing WM Rom on Windows vista or 7, its the same. You have it here on Modaco threads with step by step instructions. just search it.

Guest cocoroco

Hi flashed it finally, it went good, the system is stable, but I still can't open flash based sites on Opera Mobile 10...I installed Flash Lite 3.1, .NET 3.7 and it doesn't work...I am so dissapointed, I think I'm giving up.

Thank you for your help and sorry to bother :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BorisGVG

Hi flashed it finally, it went good, the system is stable, but I still can't open flash based sites on Opera Mobile 10...I installed Flash Lite 3.1, .NET 3.7 and it doesn't work...I am so dissapointed, I think I'm giving up.

Thank you for your help and sorry to bother :)

That trick can work on some builds of Omnia, not all. But what doesn't come native you can make it by every cause to work it. I don't know why are you so disappointed in that. I am not. Whenever I go to Opera Mini 5.1 for PPC (yes i use that cuz its faster and better than Opera Mobile 10), I click on some video link and the video opens right away in builded Windows Media Player. In my opinion thats better solution than watch the video inside the browser, Omnia i900 doesn't have that big screen to watch it that way.

By the way John, check you email, I did send you the files you wanted!

What about Android for Omnia i900 ???

Android for Omnia i900 or better known as Andromnia is still beta project but i highly doubt that it will be continued. Most of the things works, but some of the crucial things still doesn't works and it drains the battery very fast. So this Android for Omnia is kind of a "show off" thing, not to be used on a daily bases. Search on google for Andorid for Omnia and the right link will popup in the first results.

• 1 month later...
Guest baboka

Hello! Need me one little bit of help does not really belong here but you guys seem smart, he stopped during the romfrissítés samsung i900 am not turn on the pc does not detect the LED light just turned red at this time what can you do? Now or something? : (

Thank you in advance for your help everyone especially for someone who can help you :)

Guest BorisGVG

Hello! Need me one little bit of help does not really belong here but you guys seem smart, he stopped during the romfrissítés samsung i900 am not turn on the pc does not detect the LED light just turned red at this time what can you do? Now or something? : (

Thank you in advance for your help everyone especially for someone who can help you :)

baboka, didn't quite understand what is your problem. Did the phone turned off during the flash of a new rom or the computer went off during flashing a new rom and now you are stuck and your phone won't start at all?

Can you be more precise of your problem, so we can narrow down the search and help you with the problem.

I see you use Google Translate to post here on english, but I guess google translate didn't quite translate the way you want. Here is a tip to use properly Google Translate: Try to write on your proper mother language. the official one. That way Google will translate correctly what you want to translate. :)

Guest baboka

baboka, didn't quite understand what is your problem. Did the phone turned off during the flash of a new rom or the computer went off during flashing a new rom and now you are stuck and your phone won't start at all?

Can you be more precise of your problem, so we can narrow down the search and help you with the problem.

I see you use Google Translate to post here on english, but I guess google translate didn't quite translate the way you want. Here is a tip to use properly Google Translate: Try to write on your proper mother language. the official one. That way Google will translate correctly what you want to translate. :)

Szia! Az a problémám hogy,elkezdtem feltenni 1 új rom-ot és újraindítottam ahogy kell de nem kapcsolt be a telefon hagytam a telefont a pc-n hátha felmegy csak lassú de semmi 2-órát hagytam a gépen hátha de nem és azóta ha bekapcsolom semmi csak a tetején a a led világít folyamatosan pirosan de nem tölto be a romot.

Köszönöm szépen hogy segítesz :)

Guest BorisGVG

Szia! Az a problémám hogy,elkezdtem feltenni 1 új rom-ot és újraindítottam ahogy kell de nem kapcsolt be a telefon hagytam a telefont a pc-n hátha felmegy csak lassú de semmi 2-órát hagytam a gépen hátha de nem és azóta ha bekapcsolom semmi csak a tetején a a led világít folyamatosan pirosan de nem tölto be a romot.

Köszönöm szépen hogy segítesz :)

I guess you got stuck on start screen and the phone couldn't start, in that case you have to do manual hard reset of your phone. It will erase all data stored on your phone, it will not erase the rom, but at least the phone will be returned on the factory settings that worked best by then. Anyway, write me a private message here how to connect with you (facebook or some kind of messenger) so i can guide you step by step how to do that. Cheers.

• 3 months later...

You are great!

Your list of i900 aplications is very valuable and storing they in one place is a great idea. But on the 4shared in the Samsung Omnia Apps folder are files that are on Your list from MoDaCo OmniaTHREAD [for SMS] to YouTube 2.4.4. There are not application from the begining of the list. Do You know what happend with they?

Edited by ABP

Guest BorisGVG

You are great!

Your list of i900 aplications is very valuable and storing they in one place is a great idea. But on the 4shared in the Samsung Omnia Apps folder are files that are on Your list from MoDaCo OmniaTHREAD [for SMS] to YouTube 2.4.4. There are not application from the begining of the list. Do You know what happend with they?

Holy crap, didn't check that at all, i had for like 97 apps in the Apps folder and now are only 52. Will check with 4shared what happened, but good thing is that i have there a backup private folder (who is not shared) for all the apps, phone parts and roms, that are in the shared folders. Untill I check that, you shoulr PM me with the apps you want and I will send you on your email. As you can notice on some apps there is a "email me for this" so, those are apps that meets copyrights of the apps even that all those apps are now for free.

All the best, cheers.

EDIT (31.07.2013): All files re-uploaded again in folder "Samsung Omnia i900 Apps"

Edited by BorisGVG

• 1 month later...
Guest BorisGVG

Hi ı have a omnia i900 wm 6.1 and I want yonn's rom but he writes OS Version : 6.5.3. Can ı setup this rom ? Please help (:

I'm sorry for bad english (:

All those ROMs are for Samsung Omnia i900. On the other hand i do not give tutorials or help, because if you did a search on this thread you will notice that there are few threads where they actually explain to you how to flash a new ROM on your Omnia, so do a little re-search on this forum, you will find your answer 100%, you just need to do a bit of a reading.

Also, if you never flashed a ROM on your Omnia before, I strongly recommend you NOT TO DO IT. because there are very big chances that you will end up with bricking your Omnia if you don't know what you are doing.

Cheers.

Edited by BorisGVG

• 1 month later...
Guest BorisGVG

i want the microsoft office 2010. im still using wm 6.1. is there any way to install wm 6.5.. without usb cable? iv lost mine :( email is [email protected]

I see that you haven't move your ass to do a little research here or any forums or not even google. but since this is your first post here I will forgive you. Next time you ask questions on this forum or any forum similar to this, first do a research to find your answer, then if you don't find, you can ask question in the thread closest to you question. Otherwise, no one will answer you.

Anyway, the answer of your question is: NO, it can be flashed only with usb cable, which can be found online to buy it and its super cheep (search eBay, amazon, etc.)

• 4 weeks later...