Intel says Hidden SD card slot can be used !

Guest shootomanUK

Guest ayziaa

Well I have an SD Card in the slot and it is not looking good unfortunately guys, no sign that the card is being seen

It's a shame! :( Did you try to reboot?

Edited by ayziaa

Guest Gibson.1

What size SD card did you use? As illegitimate as it seems I seen a few comments on Paul's fitting a micro sd video on youtube saying sd cards up to 8 maybe 16Gb will work. May be untrue and not work but one can hope.

Guest ayziaa

What size SD card did you use? As illegitimate as it seems I seen a few comments on Paul's fitting a micro sd video on youtube saying sd cards up to 8 maybe 16Gb will work. May be untrue and not work but one can hope.

Yes but in is video paul uses a 2gb micro sd card so... Either there are fews cards compatible to this witch would be very weird (or impossible) either no one ever got a micro sdcard working on this and it was a lie.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shootomanUK

no wonder they disabled the sd slot, everyone would be returning their osd's to orange for a replacement back cover after they f**ked it up trying to get the cover off.

lol

Guest BlueMoonRising

no wonder they disabled the sd slot, everyone would be returning their osd's to orange for a replacement back cover after they f**ked it up trying to get the cover off.

lol

I had to speak to CS in India(?) to replace my overheating OSD, he advised me to retain the battery cover. Mind you he also asked me what colour I wanted it in. Not surprisingly I ignored his "advice".

Guest Simon O

Meh enabling support for the microSD will be a right pain in the backside to do. The ICS ROMs have been built for the new unified storage as seen in devices like the Galaxy Nexus, unlike the older 'Mass Storage' mode which supports microSD. It could be done but the benefits will be extremely limited as the majority of apps don't support more than one SD device (and even though the phone is using unified storage it still shows up as SD for legacy applications).

And personally I wouldn't want to me constantly removing a flimsy back cover to access the microSD slot all the time.

Yeah that sound like a real pain.

Still I am managing with 10Gb, could do with more room for game data as these days we talking 1gb a game lol, and photos/hd video take up a lot of space, but they are always transfered to pc, so it is doable, just need to be aware of your storage space a bit more.

Guest shootomanUK

just tried my 32gb class10 and still nothing, couldn't resist lol

but it does show up as sdcard_ext in file explorer

properties:

sdcard_ext

type:folder

path:

contains:0 files, 0 folders

size:0 bytes (0 bytes)

modified: 2012-10-17 01:39:51 pm

readable:no

writable:no

hidden:no

could it be mounted with adb now we have root ?

Edited by shootomanUK

How would we do that with adb ?

what commands?

It is worth noting: sdcard_ext folder was there on gingerbread, so it is not new.

Also, the path is showing nothing, so maybe thats the problem.

Edited by Guest

Guest schkinx

could it have something to do with the filesystem not being detected correctly ? I know it probably doesnt , but anyone tried formatting to ext2 , 3 or 4 instead of fat filesystem ?

They probably altered the design along the way and decided to go for the fixed back for whatever reason , so disabled the slot . if it were common knowledge the slot was still usable everyone would be taking the backs off , snapping all the tabs in the process , and we'd all have the backs held on with electrical tape .. colour optional :D

Edited by schkinx

Guest schkinx

Well i know it was futile , but i stuck a 16gb card in the slot ..

And good news .. it fits lol.

Reminds me of an old HP laptop i had , had to hack the intel graphics driver to enable screen rotation . Because of issues with the internal display they disabled it , but it worked fine on external monitor . Only a few lines had been commented out . If only this was as simple :(