Overclock Kernel ICS??

Guest LucabossY

Guest unaszplodrmann

It is possible, but probably not a high priority. As things stand, this device is unlikely to receive much attention from capable community developers until Huawei release an official, complete 4.x ROM and kernel sources. Even then, the G300 is pretty speedy without overclocking.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tracasan

Saw something interesting today... gave antutu a try and when i compared scores i saw 2 u8815 with overclocked speeds. they were both from NL. how can we get our hands on that kernel?

Guest Dazzozo

What were the speeds?

It's possible it was me testing and geolocation failed hard. I don't think anyone else is playing with the G300 kernel really.

Guest omegamoon

Haha, those scores were both mine :rolleyes: posted yesterday to AnTuTu server. Kernel will follow. Works very stable. Give me some time, I'll upload it later!

Guest anything-but

Sneeky bugger!

I take it it`ll run on either 926/927/934? Looking at the clockspeed vs score,seems 1200mhz looks about the best balance?

Edited by anything-but

Guest Davidoff59

Sorry Daz, was asking omegamoon, if you remember ,he was working on a 3. kernel when we only had gingerbread and he was having trouble so was going to build it from source

Guest Dazzozo

Yeah I know what he was doing.

What does building from source have to do with having kernel trouble? You can only build them from source.

It'll definitely handle 1.2 GHz.

Guest Dazzozo

Probably, though we have Huawei's now which seems to be completely fine with a few changes.

All we really need is great 7x27A overclocking. The GT-S7500's seems a bit broken if you ask me.