• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[MOD] GALAXY S-VOICE PORT FOR THE G300

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here is the Samsung Galaxy SIII 'S-VOICE' port for the huawei ascend G300 and any other phones running ICS (I havent tried it on anything else but you can). I do not take credit for the mod, as i found it on the internet, but I take credit for this thread about it. So here it is:

post-969101-0-04366900-1343682283_thumb.post-969101-0-14610400-1343682287_thumb.post-969101-0-94966000-1343682290_thumb.post-969101-0-02240400-1343682297_thumb.post-969101-0-70255800-1343682302_thumb.post-969101-0-96524900-1343682313_thumb.post-969101-0-77179400-1343682317_thumb.

This mod will allow you perform tasks with your voice, and it will allow you to have conversations with your phone. It's similar to Siri on the iPhone, except it allows you to launch apps, and do allot of other stuff. Personally, I don't see myself using this often, but its a nice feature to have if you want to impress your friends and whatnot.

Download:

http://www.mediafire...fp04n29phdzeram

http://www.solidfile...m/d/65c3d558bb/

(Thanks mack_ for the solidfiles link)

HOW TO:

• Download the APK from the link and save it to a directory on the phone.
    • Using a file manager on the phone, locate the 'S-VOICE' app and select it. It will ask you to cancel or install, and obviously you click install.

[*]Let it do it's thing and...DONE! You have 'S-VOICE'

BUGS:

There are ony two bugs have found with this mod. One of them is that when you personalize the wake up command, it will force close the app. This means you will have to wake up the phone by saying HI GALAXY or pressing the button manually, this isn't really a big deal however. I have highlighted the 'set wake-up command' buttons on the screenshots so you are aware of them.

Also, requesting apps which are not on your device will make the app close. For example, asking to write a memo with 'S-MEMO' or whatever will cause the app to crash, as it isnt on your phone. Its only on the Galaxy range of phones.

Everything else works fine however!!!!

PLEASE REPORT ANY OTHER BUGS (IF THERE ARE ANY MORE) IN THIS MOD SO USERS ARE AWARE. FEEL FREE TO INCLUDE THIS IN ANY ROMS (I GOT PERMISSION) AND DO WHATEVER ELSE YOU WANT.

Edited by kyan31

going to try this now...looks nice

not downloading for some reason..could you upload to solidfiles possibly?,actually its downloading

do you mind if i mirror the download on to solidfiles,so users have two sources to try?

Edited by mack_

Posted · Report post

Downloading for me ok,it`ll give me something to play with till the new rev of infusion hits. :D

Posted · Report post

going to try this now...looks nice

not downloading for some reason..could you upload to solidfiles possibly?,actually its downloading

do you mind if i mirror the download on to solidfiles,so users have two sources to try?

if you could then yes please. I will try too.

Uploading to solid files....

20-40 kbs today <_<. Gimme some time!

Edited by kyan31

Posted · Report post

if you could then yes please. I will try too.

kewl im uploading it now,ill add the link to this post so you can add it to the original post when you get a chance

Posted · Report post

Uploading to solid files....

20-40 kbs today <_<. Gimme some time!

i know right , on about 43kb/s :angry:

Posted · Report post

31% uploaded :D

Posted · Report post

AAAAHHHH thanks.

AAAAHHHH thanks.

You're Welcome ^_^

Was just wondering,is there a way we could change the mod? ... I mean personalise it for the G300 ?

Edited by mack_

Posted · Report post

You're Welcome happy.png

Was just wondering,is there a way we could change the mod? ... I mean personalise it for the G300 ?

I wouldnt know. I dont have any experience with editing apk's and stuff

Posted · Report post

You're Welcome happy.png

in what way ?

theme or somthing

Posted · Report post

in what way ?

theme or somthing

More like make it H voice instead of S voice and integrate it into a rom somehow...dont think its possible though

Posted · Report post

in what way ?

theme or somthing

Maybe we could say HI G300 rather than hi galaxy. Also the memos app could open the stock app rather than 'trying' to open s-memo and failing.

Posted · Report post

Maybe we could say HI G300 rather than hi galaxy. Also the memos app could open the stock app rather than 'trying' to open s-memo and failing.

yeah that's what i was trying to explain :wacko: ......Only thing is i dont think it will be possible

Posted · Report post

this could be possible, and quite easy

Posted · Report post

oh ok...Any chance you could have a look at it ,if you have time? ^_^

Posted · Report post

Does the Voice App work offline, or does it need data to work

And

Is this likely to be a memory hungry app

Posted · Report post

I think it would be useful if we could change the default s-memo app to one we could call in the G300 environment.

Posted · Report post

And

For launching apps and searching contacts, it should work offline.

I don't think it's that memory hungry, but considering its meant to be run a much stronger device....handles it pretty well.

Posted · Report post

And

It needs data to work as it uses the same recognition algorithm as Google voice search.

Posted · Report post

Sat here saying 'Hi galaxy' and its not doing anything! Ive used this before so I know how to use it :(

Posted · Report post

Sat here saying 'Hi galaxy' and its not doing anything! Ive used this before so I know how to use it :(

Are you sure? Its working fine for me.

Posted · Report post

I think it would be better to say "Hello Ascend" instead of "Hello G300". Galaxy is a family name, if we say "Hello G300", owners of Galaxy should say "Hello S2/S3".