[HELP] Cannot root b888 after downgrade from ICS

Guest clarkkov

Guest clarkkov

I cannot root b888 after downgrade from ICS, I have tried the super recovery method which worked numerous times on few G300s, but now I cant root mine after the downgrade. Tried to unlock the bootloader with the bootloader.exe app but I still can't root my G300 with stock B888 ROM. I have followed the procedure to the letter and it worked in the past, but now it just dosent, there is no error message of any kind, the super recovery installs, but there are no su binaries and when I install them manually I can't get root access.

Any ideas?

Guest ovecka

Are you sure you are using a proper rooting method? Both ICS and GB have different rooting methods. Also, were you trying to unlock the bootloader of B888? B888 doesn't lock it.

Guest clarkkov

Are you sure you are using a proper rooting method? Both ICS and GB have different rooting methods. Also, were you trying to unlock the bootloader of B888? B888 doesn't lock it.

* facepalm *

Have you read my post? I have rooted many g300s successfully hence I know what I'm doing. I don't think It's a mistake on my side, it is something to do with the phone. I thought my bootloader was locked with the ICS update so I tried to unlock it on GB as well - this might be the case.

Is there another way to root G300? Super one click does not work of course.

Guest ovecka

Have you read my post? I have rooted many g300s successfully hence I know what I'm doing.

I thought my bootloader was locked with the ICS update so I tried to unlock it on GB as well

K then. It's always nice to see a person who facepalms someone who tries to help. Great attitude. This is my last visit of this thread so you don't have to respond to this post.

Guest clarkkov

K then. It's always nice to see a person who facepalms someone who tries to help. Great attitude. This is my last visit of this thread so you don't have to respond to this post.

* facepalm * again! Do you know what a "facepalm" actually is? You don't facepalm somebody, you facepalm yourself...

I'm looking for actual help, please I don't want to elaborate someones hurt feelings, this is an Android board not kingergarden.

Guest Hogweed

When you say you installed the su binaries manually, what method did you use? Are you able to flash CWM? If so how about installimg Modaco Gr2 (B888 based and pre-rooted)

Edited by Hogweed

Guest clarkkov

When you say you installed the su binaries manually, what method did you use? Are you able to flash CWM? If so how about installimg Modaco Gr2 (B888 based and pre-rooted)

Lapsus lingue! I installed the super su app manually, not actual su binaries. Yes, I am able to flash both the super recovery and CWM and they work normally, but I can't root the phone :/. I guess this will be my only option (pre rooted rom), but I have already set this guy up and it will take me another 2-3 hours to install another ROM. I would prefer not to. And this is super baffling to me, when I use super one click app it says my phone is rooted allready and that there are su binaries already installed on my phone...

Guest Dazzozo

There is nothing wrong with the phone in a downgraded state. I have performed the downgrade and upgrade many times and rooted it every single time.

Guest clarkkov

...so, is there another way to root the G300 since obviously this method (super recovery) is not working on my G300? I copies fine, and works, but I have no root access.

Guest Hogweed

Once you flash the super-recovery you should have a slightly modified standard recovery which you must then boot into - ie not CWM. You are not rooted simply by flashing the superrecovery image. You must boot into recovery before booting the phone normally or installing CWM. Can you confirm you did this? I know you've done the procedure before but sometimes things can be accidentally forgotten so I'm just double checking.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest tillaz

...so, is there another way to root the G300 since obviously this method (super recovery) is not working on my G300? I copies fine, and works, but I have no root access.

if you have clockworkmod recovery installed flash this, it will give you root

root.zip

Guest clarkkov

@ Hogweed

i'm pretty sure I did that but I did it again just to make sure and I still don't have root access :/

@tillaz

Thanks for the binaries but this also does not work, something is really screwed up with my OS installation although it runs amazingly fast ans buttery smooth!

I get the su app after flashing this .zip but when I launch it it asks to update the su binaries and then fails :/

Never seen this kind of issue on another Android device, even G300...Looks like I'll have to install a pre rooted ROM or do a factory reset to see if it'll change anything...:/

Guest Hogweed

If you flash Gr2 over B888 stock you do not need to do a wipe although backup first just in case. Gr2 is just an optimised, pre-rooted variant on stock. It is close enough that you can flash it without a wipe over stock ROMs and all your apps and settings should survive. No guarantees though so always do the backup first,

Edited by Hogweed

Guest clarkkov

Too late, I already did a factory reset and guess what, I got root access after the first super recovery flash! It looks like my OS was corrupted somehow. I guess it was because I restored my backup first and then did the root procedure, so this may have corrupted the OS.

EDIT: I can't seem to correct the topic headline to solved, mods feel free to do this for me or tell me how to do it.

Edited by clarkkov