It's been fun... (G300 Return thread) DOC NOW UPLOADED

Guest dragpyre

Guest GaryM30

I feel sorry for those of you who are having issues with this phone, I know it must be very frustrating, but please don't alarm everybody with false statements. It isn't true that every single phone has problems, that's not the case at all. Mine is perfectly fine and in HTCMania (a big Spanish mobile phones forum in which I participate regularly) the vast majority of users aren't experiencing any problems either. I'd say most people is not just happy but very happy in fact with the performance, looks and build quality of this phone.

I realize I might sound like a guy from a Vodafone store or something, but the truth is that I'm seeing quite a lot of negativism around here and I don't think the phone deserves it (another sign of this negativism would be the thread in which almost everybody doubts the ICS update will feature a OpenGL accelerated UI even when Huawei has clearly said it will). I personally couldn't be happier with this phone and I think it's a fantastic buy, a total no-brainer. I can only say good luck to the folks having issues.

+1

I think for the money this phone is as good as it gets.

Guest dragpyre

+1

I think for the money this phone is as good as it gets.

I'll give you that, but it doesn't disprove the fact that certain people have had issues with this phone. Whether it be a faulty batch or faulty firmware I do not know. But I am not alone in having issues.

I think a dual core phone that performs equal or better in benchmarks than a HTC One S for ~£150 online is excellent.

Sent from my Sony Xperia U.

Guest dragpyre

after going there earlier....ive decided to sell my G300, they say theres not a fault on there(i know there is)

really dont know if Im going to get a new 1 now.probably not.

just need to decide what new phone to get now

You know what I'd recommend ;)

Go back, bring extracts from the SOGA, bring 17 pages of issues from forums (vodafone and modaco), type up all the issues you've had, dates when they first appeared, and a list of everyone you have spoken to regarding the phone. I handed him the document, and his eyes widened as he read it. All neatly headed and bullet pointed. You need to show you know your rights. If they offer a repair, you have the right to refuse, you have the right to refuse a replacement AND you can refuse store credit or vouchers, as under the SOGA they are not equivalent to cash.

Guest ahatomastarday

I'll give you that, but it doesn't disprove the fact that certain people have had issues with this phone. Whether it be a faulty batch or faulty firmware I do not know. But I am not alone in having issues.

Nobody says you're the only one having issues, for sure. To me it looks in fact like a faulty batch as you say. Hence you'll agree with me that it isn't fair to say that every single phone has issues, as suggested before. With these things we humans always tend to think our problems are everybody else's problems, and that leads sometimes to unnecessary hysteria and alarm. If someone is thinking about buying this phone, I say buy it, definitely, it's a great deal! And if your unit happens to be a faulty one, well, sorry you had back luck, just return it, you're totally covered, Vodafone can't deny you your right to return it.

Guest edwardecl

Within 28 days you can get your money back no questions asked after that they should repair or replace it for up to 2 years if you haven't damaged it on purpose.

If you can prove a defect with the manufacturing there is no limit on the time you can get your money back but that is a little tricky, just whatever is a reasonable time frame probably about 3-5 years for an item of this value.

This phone as been a lot better than my original iPhone 3G which was considerably more expensive and is now a paper weight. After 3 months the WIFI chip stopped working and had to take it back to an apple shop (yeah there are lots of them about). Then after a couple of years the touchscreen stopped working, so I thought whatever and bought a replacement digitiser from eBay for a fiver.

And the sad thing was the touch screen was not even broken, the push connecter inside is just a piece of crap and had to fix it by wedging something behind it (great build quality). But in the process of successfully fixing that the light sensor broke and I'm not really sure why as I was very careful not to pull the connectors, making receiving calls impossible as it cant detect if you are holding it against your face to turn the speaker on. So I goes on the forum... and the general census is yeah that'll happen... thanks apple for your excellent build quality.

Not to mention the original Apple firmware was a piece of crap that constantly crashed when web browsing. Had to wait 4 months for a fix... bugger knows if they are better now but I wont be touching one with a stick.

This cheapo Chinese phone however has been good not a single problem other than the volume issue that was fixed rather quickly, I know someone else who has one and it has been fine as well, not bad seeing as this is their first real attempt at retailing phones in the UK.

Edited by edwardecl

Guest John Matrix

Before g300 i had zte skate, i am very happy atm with g300 it does everything i want and its better then phone i had before so i am happy for money it cost it offer me enough. ( on ginger 897)

Guest edwardecl

See there not all bad :)

Now if it was like the xBox 360 where you have an almost 100% failure rate I could understand the frustration with the phone itself. Vodaphone are the real aholes if they are not willing to give you a replacement...

Guest Davidoff59

Just to clarify on a point above, Huawei have not stated it will get hardware accelerated UI. They have stated it will get opengl support and they will not answer any further than this despite repeated requests. Support is already there, its not working though.

I am having issues with my 2nd g300. First was locking up badly, not my SD card keeps getting dismounted for no reason even after replacing it with a new one

Guest ahatomastarday

Just to clarify on a point above, Huawei have not stated it will get hardware accelerated UI. They have stated it will get opengl support and they will not answer any further than this despite repeated requests. Support is already there, its not working though.

Yes, Huawei did state that. Look at these two screenshots taken from this very forum:

http://s11.postimage...l7cz/WE_WIN.jpg

http://www.modaco.co...attach_id=82412

Aren't "UI acceleration" and "hardware accelerated UI" clear enough replies? Cause I think they are. Sorry for following the off-topic but I needed to reply since IMO you're all being too picky about the statements from Huawei regarding this whole UI accelerated thing.

Edited by ahatomastarday

Guest mack_

I have been in the same situation as dragpyre but i opted to the repair option but now im starting to wonder if i do want the phone back anymore.

but im hoping they fix it quickly if not im getting my money back.

:ph34r:

Edited by mack_

Guest dragpyre

I have been in the same situation as dragpyre but i opted to the repair option but now im starting to wonder if i do want the phone back anymore.

but im hoping they fix it quickly if not im getting my money back.

:ph34r:

If they do not complete the repairs in a timely manner, or problems still exist or a new one arises, as long as you have a repair slip, you can demand a refund.

Guest dragpyre

Yes, Huawei did state that. Look at these two screenshots taken from this very forum:

http://s11.postimage...l7cz/WE_WIN.jpg

http://www.modaco.co...attach_id=82412

Aren't "UI acceleration" and "hardware accelerated UI" clear enough replies? Cause I think they are. Sorry for following the off-topic but I needed to reply since IMO you're all being too picky about the statements from Huawei regarding this whole UI accelerated thing.

WE WIN.jpg

wonder who posted that :3

Guest mack_

If they do not complete the repairs in a timely manner, or problems still exist or a new one arises, as long as you have a repair slip, you can demand a refund.

i hope so , at-least they didn't try to charge me to fix it(i would have got a refund straight away if they tried that).

the guy was helpful,kinda helpful he was my age though or else he would have just tried to blame the faults on my negligence.

Guest dragpyre

i hope so , at-least they didn't try to charge me to fix it(i would have got a refund straight away if they tried that).

the guy was helpful,kinda helpful he was my age though or else he would have just tried to blame the faults on my negligence.

Warranty repairs do not require exchange of cash or goods. If they had asked they would have broken the law.

I'm uploading some docs tomorrow, sorry that I am away from my laptop :/

Guest mack_

Warranty repairs do not require exchange of cash or goods. If they had asked they would have broken the law.

I'm uploading some docs tomorrow, sorry that I am away from my laptop :/

its ok

Oh and i believe Congratulations are in order,Boy or Girl ?

Guest Davidoff59

ahatomastarday, I can post loads of questions that were completely ignored. They would gladly state opengl support, which would be included by just adding the Qualcomm driver but when asked specifically about hardware accelerated UI, it was always ignored. I'm not sure how well you have been following activities here but we were getting demo ics then full ics then demo ics.

We are not being harsh at all, merely seeking clarification on what was advertised. Huawei aren't new to customer support. They have visions of being a top 4 or 5. Vodafone don't answer questions so the next port of call is Huawei. Hopefully Huawei have learned something from this.

Customer support is pretty important so if Vodafone won't provide it, Huawei must or else they need to give Vodafone a kick up the add or drop them as a partner.

As it stands, you will benefit from the fuss we created when ics is released as chances are it was going to be just working hence the demo tag. Huawei are releasing demo roms for other phones as we speak and they state that all functions may not be complete or fully working. Even Vodafone were being sketchy and they are testing the Rom.

Why have rights and not exercise them if you feel it is justified?

Guest mack_

ahatomastarday, I can post loads of questions that were completely ignored. They would gladly state opengl support, which would be included by just adding the Qualcomm driver but when asked specifically about hardware accelerated UI, it was always ignored. I'm not sure how well you have been following activities here but we were getting demo ics then full ics then demo ics.

We are not being harsh at all, merely seeking clarification on what was advertised. Huawei aren't new to customer support. They have visions of being a top 4 or 5. Vodafone don't answer questions so the next port of call is Huawei. Hopefully Huawei have learned something from this.

Customer support is pretty important so if Vodafone won't provide it, Huawei must or else they need to give Vodafone a kick up the add or drop them as a partner.

As it stands, you will benefit from the fuss we created when ics is released as chances are it was going to be just working hence the demo tag. Huawei are releasing demo roms for other phones as we speak and they state that all functions may not be complete or fully working. Even Vodafone were being sketchy and they are testing the Rom.

+1 that

Guest dragpyre

Myself being one of the main fuss generators.

Everyone has received a different answer. There are many inconsistencies, and i could not cope with that low level of/lack of support. The consumer is the entity that a product is being delivered to. They have a right to know what they're receiving, and to reject a product if it is not satisfactory.

Guest mack_

You and I both Dragpyre. Will prob give this to my gf and get something less frustrating.

It is really frustrating though, the phone has so much ponential but Huawei and Vodafone has really bad customer service people...kinda of surprised everyone hasn't just upped and went to return their phones...starting to regret getting rid of my galaxy ace,might actually buy one if Vodafone don't repair mine in time :wacko:

Guest droiddruid

You and I both Dragpyre. Will prob give this to my gf and get something less frustrating.

...like a dog? Bit harsh on your gf imo :D

Guest ahatomastarday

I just think every manufacturer/carrier/whatever does the same, it doesn't matter if it's Huawei or Vodafone or HTC or Samsung... All of them usually don't say anything at all, don't answer specific questions or even give different answers to the same question as they've done with this hardware accelerated UI thing (cause perhaps they didn't reply to you, but as I said before they've replied to other people who asked similar questions). It's normal that it is like that, it's not like Huawei or Vodafone PR are one single person, people answering our questions are a lot of different folks whom probably have access to different information. At least some of those answers were a clear yes, that's more than what you get with other companies. So I think all this fuss and discussions you're having here are useless, we won't know for sure until they actually release the ICS update, no matter how much you ask them for clarification. It's pointless. Just my opinion.

Edited by ahatomastarday

Guest Davidoff59

The Chinese version of ics didn't have it so now was the time to speak up as we knew Vodafone were testing.

I was going to return my phone when I heard it was a demo of ics. I thought f that, I had a demo on my armv6 blade. I questioned the word demo and what would be missing or not fully working. It was then clarified it would be full ics, and then layer still, a document was released by huawei stating demo again. I personally felt I had been misled into keeping the phone until it was at such a stage that a return would be difficult hence why I personally went asking. One person asking won't do much so I pointed out the contradictions and things grew.

All up, I have made it clear to Vodafone and Huawei where I stand and I will get a refund if its not complete.

Guest Davidoff59

Nah droiddruid, she has my old blade so this will be a step up. She not interested in putting roms on so will set it up when all is stable and she can reep the benefits. Now that is true love :-)