[ROM] JellyBean for Advent Vega / PoV Mobii Tegra and other P10AN01 clones

Guest Scanno

Guest Scanno

[iNTRODUCTION]

This ROM is based of the joined effort of a couple of devs (Ejtable, Scanno and Brucelee666) who are working on getting JellyBean working for our device. As soon as JellyBean is getting stable, my goal is also to put everything on github, just like i did with VegaCream. This way other devs can also work on this.

Please remember that I, ejtagle and brucelee666 are *NOT* professionals and do this in our spare time. We all have full time jobs and a family. So be happy that there is an Android ROM based on Android 4.1.1 / JellyBean for a device that was sold with Android 2.2 and never had an update.

We do our best to make this ROM as good as possible. With VegaCream we gave you a ROM that gave a new life to your tablet and unleashed its full potential. But we are not wizzards and there might be problems that we cannot solve or do not have time for.

[sPECIFICATIONS]

This ROM is based on AOSP 4.1.1 and the device config made by Ejtagle, brucelee666 and myself.

- INT2EXT+ (Needs a correctly partitioned SDCard)

- zRAM

- DPI is set at 120dpi

- Default JellyBean Launcher installed

- Apex Launcher installed

- Filemanager installed

- Terminal installed

- Google Apps is installed. This means that the Google base is installed and all the apps that are available in the Play Store are not installed (i.e. GMail, Maps)

- All languages that are available in AOSP are included

- Partition layout is the same as VegaCream / VegaICS beta1 / Modded stock

- /system/app, /system/lib, /system/fonts, /system/framework and /system/usr are Squashfs filesystems.

[iNSTALLATION]

There are 2 methods of installation. There is a CWM recovery flashable ZIP and a NVFlash file.

I realy recommend flashing VegaBean the first time with the NVFlash version.

Before installing any version, you have to make sure that you have a SDCard that has the correct partition layout:

- First partition is a primary partition formatted as FAT32

- Second partition is a primary partition formatted as EXT4

EXT4 is a linux filesystem so you will need a program that can handle Linux filesystems when you are using Windows.

Before installing the ZIP file make sure that:

- You have the correct partition layout (if you have VegaCream installed, you have the correct layout, if not then use the NVFlash installer. This will repartition your internal memory))

- Copy the ZIP file to your SD-Card

- Boot into Recovery

- Do a FULL WIPE / FACTORY RESET

- Install the ZIP file from your SDCard

- After installing reboot the tablet.

[WORKING]

- WiFi

- Bluetooth (Tested with a A2DP headset)

- Camera

- HDMI including audio

- 3G (only fro the Huawei internal modem, usb modems may work)

- GPS not tested by me, but some say it kind of works.

[CREDITS]

- Ejtagle

- Brucelee666

- Scanno

- LeoP for his zRAM implementation

- Legionaire (for the VegaBean bootanimation)

Edited by Scanno

Guest Scanno

[DOWNLOADS]

Please do *NOT* use Link2SD anymore. You do not need it. With the INT2EXT script, your apps will install on SDCard by default. Just make sure you have 2 primary partition. First partition *MUST* be a FAT32 partition. The second partition *SHOULD* be EXT4. When upgrading from a previous version, make sure your EXT partition is empty / reformatted. Also when using the NVflash version !!!

[RC2]

NVFlash: https://mega.co.nz/#!6ZgUiLCT!KxYgDQgLYqXC-EdTOOdYbl8uGQAy-sles4nFewm2H9Y

CWM-ZIP: https://mega.co.nz/#!PQxyAQJC!eIxAgVDxbxI0C9cegq8XVS0GU2Q46VrwF4fzPa244ZQ

[beta 6]

NVFlash-version: https://mega.co.nz/#!6IJSSCRb!QpXc9B0t9e8QIPhvWPSxWmRB5Cpkimy2EfUykziiQvQ

Edited by Scanno

Guest Scanno

[Changelist]

[beta 6]

- RIL updated to the latest version (3 october i think)

- updated to AOSP 4.1.2

- Added check to see if there is a second partition on the SDCard. If not INT2EXT is not excecuted (PLEASE TEST !!!)

- Updated GApps

[beta 5]

Changes compared to Beta 3-1:

- New kernel with the following changes:

- Suspend problem solved. Tablet does not enter LP0 anymore

- Compiled with zRAM support

- zRAM modules added

- zRAM implementation from LeoP included

- RIL from ejtagle updated

[beta 3-1]

- Included int2ext+

- Included bootanimation for legionnaire

[beta 3]

- Latest RIL from EJTagle

- CM10 keyboard

- Stock browser with the option to set User Agent

- You can now just wipe cache and dalvik-cache when updating from a previous VegaBean version. Please remember that from other version you will have to do a full wipe / factory reset !!!

[beta 2.2]

What has changed compared to Beta 2

- AOSP updated to JRO03L

- Latest update to the huaweigeneric RIL (from aug 27) by EJTagle

The stripped version has the following apps removed from /system/app compared to the original version:

- ApexLauncher.apk

- PlayMusic.apk

- Talk.apk

- YouTube.apk

The stripped version should give you around 10 MiB extra on /system. So if you have bad NAND problems and have problems booting (not able to) you can try this.

[beta 2]

- HDMI audio working

- VegaBean bootanimation added by indigolemon

[beta 1]

- Rotation really fixed and HW acceleration working

- Disable / Enable GPS would crash, fixed (thanks Eduardo)

Alpha 3:

- Rotation Fixed. Portrait mode is working correctly

- 3G files included... Sadly no 3G because of too old version of Huawei RIL. Need at least version 6 and we have version 4. So if anybody can get his / her hands on a newer version, please let us know.

Edited by Scanno

Guest kipper641

Having a few probs.

Was originaly running Vecacomb with no probs.

So installed modded stock then Vecacream RC2 via Nvflash, so far so good.

However after clearing cache etc and installing Jellybean Beta 1 the Vega will not boot.

When CWM has finished I set it to reboot, the backlight comes on for a second and darkens then backlight again

which just stays there ?

Any ideas.

Keith

Guest kipper641

Sorted :)

modded stock v12 then v2 then Jelly seems to be the way to go.

Thanks to MikhailM at Tabletrom.

Also Stransky for pointing me to the Nvflash version.

Keith

Guest gevans3342

Hi there

Does anyone know if I can safely change the DPI on Beta 1? On the last version it didn't work.

Also any idea when (or if) the photo sync might work?

Otherwise this seems like a very good ROM indeed!

Guest steveg100

Morning Folks,

I've had vegacomb running for some time. Previously I had the modded stock running. Last night I decided to have a go with Jelly Bean. I used CWM to reset to stock and clear down the cache etc.

Unfortunately I seem to be stuck during the boot process. The screen is showing the word android in blue grey with an animated highlight moving left to right.

I've left it for 6 hours and rebooted about half a dozen times with no difference, it sticks in the same place each time. Unfortunately the menu is not appearing when I hold the power button down, so I do not have any of the CWM recovery options.

Any suggestions, or do I need to try reinstalling via a PC connection (Which I recall is a right pain)?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Daedric1383

Try to flash modded stock V1/2 and then, reboot to CWM, and flash VegaBean.

Choose V2 first, if the symptoms are the same, try V1. V1 did it for me...

Guest dr_nick

i too have been running vegacomb 3.2 for some time without major probs (though does seem to struggle to standby and often just shuts down)

i performed a system wipe, flashed vegacream via nv flash then wiped again before flashing vegabean via CWM recovery. (all the blurb during installation mentioned vegaCREAM, but i just assumed this was a remnant of the previous incarnation?)

since then i have not been able to boot it up - screen backlight comes on and stays on, but it wont do anything else.

i also cannot seem to be able to get it into recovery with the back/power key combination whatever i try with the power and USB leads. :(

anyone know any other tricks?

Nx

Edited by dr_nick

Guest steveg100

I managed to find a copy of modded stock v2 on my PC. Reinstalled that, tried again with jelly bean but it sticks at the same point.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a copy of modded stock v1 so I can try that?

Guest dr_nick

I managed to find a copy of modded stock v2 on my PC. Reinstalled that, tried again with jelly bean but it sticks at the same point.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a copy of modded stock v1 so I can try that?

just install vegacream via NVFLASH, then setup wifi and d/l vegabean using the default browser. move it to /sd then boot into recovery (longpress power) and then you can install vegabean from there - just worked for me!

Guest dr_nick

i too have been running vegacomb 3.2 for some time without major probs (though does seem to struggle to standby and often just shuts down)

i performed a system wipe, flashed vegacream via nv flash then wiped again before flashing vegabean via CWM recovery. (all the blurb during installation mentioned vegaCREAM, but i just assumed this was a remnant of the previous incarnation?)

since then i have not been able to boot it up - screen backlight comes on and stays on, but it wont do anything else.

i also cannot seem to be able to get it into recovery with the back/power key combination whatever i try with the power and USB leads. :(

anyone know any other tricks?

Nx

fixed with this key combination found in a another post:

hold back key

plug power

plug usb

press power key

release back key

:)

Guest Nighthawk4

I assume it doesn't go straight from VegaComb to VegaBean?

If not, is there an Update.zip method for VegaCream please?

Edited by Nighthawk4

Hi guys, just downloaded VegaBean and I'm glad I read the comments above cause i was just about to try it over my current VegaComb 3.2.

Has anyone found a sure way of installing this without actually have to go through the whole stock modded re-installs ?

thanks.

Guest dr_nick

just install vegacream via NVFLASH, then setup wifi and d/l vegabean using the default browser. move it to /sd then boot into recovery (longpress power) and then you can install vegabean from there - just worked for me!

Hi guys, just downloaded VegaBean and I'm glad I read the comments above cause i was just about to try it over my current VegaComb 3.2.

Has anyone found a sure way of installing this without actually have to go through the whole stock modded re-installs ?

thanks.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hello I installed Beta 2.2 (didnt wipe) and its stuck on the boot animation, if it helps here is a logcat. Hopefully this issue can be solved and we can upgrade to a new version without wiping everytime

logcat.txt

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest dbaseii

Guys this rom is excellent. Currently running 2.2.

I'm pleased that the location by network is working.

The screen is fast and fluid.

This has to be the best rom since corvus 5

Guest cheebuos

First of all, thank you!

I installed Beta 2.2 on Viewsonic ViewPad 10S. I have a question.

Who have tested G-sensor and GPS? You see, SkyMap works only on Cyanogen. On other fw based on Android (upper 3.2) not working. Anybody knows?