Help - Borked Baseband!

Guest hajonez

Guest Faelon

Maybe try Daz's Jellybean

Tried almost eveything available on this forum. Still no luck with a stable 3G. HTC explorer, and Samsung Omnia HD works perfectly with the same sim card.

Guest jimj79

Tried almost eveything available on this forum. Still no luck with a stable 3G. HTC explorer, and Samsung Omnia HD works perfectly with the same sim card.

i also obtained a stock backup from a g300 and restored and even still the 3g on the phone would not work. so i guess just have to wait and hope for a fix.

Guest Al_1604

Each (official, at least) ROM could have a different RIL so probably only the Build number (if on an official ROM) or the build of the last official ROM you used would identify your current RIL.

Guest Al_1604

I have a feeling that the 'C346' part of the build number is a country (or region) identifier but I don't know which country or region uses which code. Can anyone confirm the build number of an untouched Australian G300?

Guest jimj79

I have a feeling that the 'C346' part of the build number is a country (or region) identifier but I don't know which country or region uses which code. Can anyone confirm the build number of an untouched Australian G300?

well the untouched g300 that i got the backup from is exactly the same. so that means there is something that even when restored is not restoring what ever it is that makes the 3g work correctly here in australia.

Guest Chrisoisonline

This has happened to me aswell i am in Australia and have the same base band as above i have tried every and i mean every ROM from here and nothing has fixed the NO 3G problem... even tried the Jelly Bean rom.... nothing

Would really appreciate some help with this one ... been like it for over a month now and im wasting my data plan

I have exhausted all avenues apart from taking it back to Vodafone... and i really dont want to do that i have lft it on GB for now ...hopefully the Official ICS update might fix it.... hopefully

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chrisoisonline

u8815-51v100r001c346b893

this is B893

you need to do an official ics update if you want a signal on any of the ics roms or CM10

http://www.modaco.co...300-b926hspa11/

as it updates your baseband (2030) to be compatible with there RIL

I appreciate your input but the above post is why i am in the predicament i am in at the moment i have tried ALL rom post on Modaco and i do mean ALL including CM10 Jelly Bean and repeat NONE have fixed my problem...still no 3G only 2G when you switch to 3G the is NO NETWORK... and yes all APN`s have been used

• 8 months later...
Guest Danny Connolly

Hi guys, everyone who is saying it is APN's and ROMs, etc you are wrong.

Check out: http://www.modaco.com/topic/362434-recovering-3g-in-the-g300-of-latin-america-and-other-850-mhz-regions/

I have seen this with previous google phones I've had.

it's all about getting the right radio for 850Mhz, the frequency Telstra's Next G network runs on.

Hope this clears a few things up.