• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

oops - can i fix this

10 posts in this topic

Posted

i upgraded to huawei ics 4.0.3 found it sluggish

followed the instructions to downgrade

got it to a stock rom, but possibly earlier than the one I had on my phone when I first backed up the IEMI. Restored IEMI but to no luck as it would not work. I then mistakenly restored it to ICS IEMIE, now phone is stuck in a loop after having wiped itself automatically.

Can I do anything to repair it, or am I stuck with an expensive paperweight? thanks.

Posted

Put a Rom on SD card in dload folder, Pull battery,,,,, replace and powerup with Vol up and Down pressed.

You should get the firmware upgrade screen, if you dont try a different SD card.

Try a few different Roms if it stops at about 30%....

B926 ICS was the only one i could load. all others stopped at 30%.

Good luck

Posted (edited)

Put a Rom on SD card in dload folder, Pull battery,,,,, replace and powerup with Vol up and Down pressed.

You should get the firmware upgrade screen, if you dont try a different SD card.

Try a few different Roms if it stops at about 30%....

B926 ICS was the only one i could load. all others stopped at 30%.

Good luck

You forgot that he should flash the middle package .app before flashing an older ROM.

Thread is here, my friend: http://www.modaco.co...ade-tool-found/

Don't forget to give Kudos for solutions!

Edited by dragpyre

Posted

Sorry, didn't include it because i've never found the middle package any use when ive Boot loop'd my phone.

Haven't found it any use ever, maybe others have?

Have boot loop'd mine 5 times now trying to get away from ICS,

I've downgraded a few times, but the phone is always buggy, crashing apps, no wifi and crap phone reception.

So i'm stuck on B926 with clockwork mod & the google apps zip package installed, until a newer official rom is out.

Posted

Trying this now without middle patch. Will report back shortly.

Posted

@Animal666: thanks. It worked.

Posted

I think I spoke too soon ........ I can;t root it anymore:

install-superrecovery-windows.bat

fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery.superrecovery.img

sending 'recovery' (5074 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

Posted

If you have changed the recovery, just download superuser apk and binary from here and flash in recovery

http://androidsu.com/superuser/

Posted

sorry got mixed up. There are 2 different root methods, one for gingerbread and one for ics.

Posted

recovery recovery.img

sending 'recovery' (5172 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: Command

not allowed)

Afterwards it reboots. I feel my fastboot can

reach the phone, hence the reboot command

works.

But not sure why its not able to write

recovery? (USB debugging is ON)

Your bootloader is still locked. You need to

unlock it before you can flash a recovery.