Newbie needs Help :´-(

Guest Whitecookie

Guest Whitecookie

Hello guys,

normally i have a Xperia x10i and am not active in the Racer forum, but today i need your help....

My brother got a ZTE Racer II with 2.2 as original firmware and asked me to install a custom Rom on his device. So i took the SuperOneClick Tool and rooted the Racer first. Then i installed the App "Recovery Manager" , downloaded the Clockworkmod Recovery and tried to install it trough the App. At least i clicked on reboot into recovery.

Now my Problem: If i power on the Phone, it goes not further than the green Android. If i plug the charger, it powers on and shows me a battery, but does not boot after all. If i try to enter recovery, its the same like only power on the phone....

So i tried to install another recovery with fastboot. It seems to installing but if i write "fastboot reboot", the phone restarts and shows me the battery again....

What should i do?

Guest equiliym

you probably installed recovery for racer on your racer2 device which is quite wrong.. i suggest you take an hour or two, read this post and find a proper recovery and rom for your phone

Guest Whitecookie

Hm.... now i flashed a optimized recovery for gen2 devices and it works now.... I can enter recovery and flash Roms... so i tried to flash your MIUI-Rom. The installation goes fine, but if it comes to the point, where it should recognize wether my phone is gen1 or gen2, it selects gen1 and flashes the wrong boot.img!!! But my phone is definitely gen2!!! So i downloaded the other kernel for gen1/gen2 phones and it recognizes the phone as gen2... but after reboot i get the zte screen again.

I´m getting crazy!!!!

Edited by Whitecookie

Guest equiliym

my miui is for racer, not racer2, thats the problem you're having.. the only racer2 roms i know are the dumps in the thread i posted, sorry

Guest Whitecookie

Ok... i found a Clockwork-Recovery Backup on the web. I installed id with CWM and took the boot.img and recovery.img from the Greek dump in this forum.

The Phone boots now!!!! But there is one problem left :( - i can only set english or serbian language. This would be not that bad, if it were my phone, but because it belongs to my brother, it would be better if i could take "german" as system language...

Any solution? :huh:

Guest equiliym

Ok... i found a Clockwork-Recovery Backup on the web. I installed id with CWM and took the boot.img and recovery.img from the Greek dump in this forum.

The Phone boots now!!!! But there is one problem left :( - i can only set english or serbian language. This would be not that bad, if it were my phone, but because it belongs to my brother, it would be better if i could take "german" as system language...

Any solution? :huh:

thats odd, greek rom shouldnt have only those languages.. try a different dump?

edit: you can also ask if someone can try patching a 2.3.x dump for that phone with micode patch rom and make miui for racer2 too

Edited by equiliym

Guest Whitecookie

Ok... new Idea... I want to make a custom Rom, only for ZTE Racer II....

Is it possible to take a romdump, or a CWM-Nandroid backup, extract them, modify them and create a flashable .zip???

Guest equiliym

yes, you can make your own flashable zip with your mods and apps, not really hard to do, remove what you think is not needed, make a proper update.zip and have fun with it :P

Guest Whitecookie

Yes, i know... but i have not a single Rom as Base to modify...

The CWM-backups are all in .img fromat and the romdumps also only contain .img files or odexed apps... so how to extract a fully working rom from that files??? :huh:

Guest equiliym

Yes, i know... but i have not a single Rom as Base to modify...

The CWM-backups are all in .img fromat and the romdumps also only contain .img files or odexed apps... so how to extract a fully working rom from that files??? :huh:

you just need your system folder and boot.img and for flashing also META-INF folder with installer scripts and stuff

Guest Whitecookie

Have i only too take a rootexplorer and copy my whole System folder to Pc, add META-INF (updater-scripts...) and also put boot.img into the root directory of the flashable .zip???

And: could you say me how to flash the rom-dumps from the link, that you gave me?

Edited by Whitecookie

Guest equiliym

Have i only too take a rootexplorer and copy my whole System folder to Pc, add META-INF (updater-scripts...) and also put boot.img into the root directory of the flashable .zip???

And: could you say me how to flash the rom-dumps from the link, that you gave me?

why not just download romdump and extract the whole system from it? you need system and boot, ignore data recovery etc etc

Guest Whitecookie

why not just download romdump and extract the whole system from it? you need system and boot, ignore data recovery etc etc

I have the romdump from the Greek guy... but the system folder is in .tar format "system.tar" and some apps and files in there are .odex... If i´m not wrong, i cannot simply take the system.tar and unpack it with winrar

Guest Whitecookie

I have the romdump from the Greek guy... but the system folder is in .tar format "system.tar" and some apps and files in there are .odex... If i´m not wrong, i cannot simply take the system.tar and unpack it with winrar

Ok... like i said... I have the Romdump from the greek guy. How can i simply install that romdump on my phone????

Guest equiliym

yep, you pretty much do that, extract that tar and you should have a system folder with app etc media bin xbin and bunch of folders.. basically your flashable rom has a meta-inf folder, system folder and boot.img, have those 3 in a zip and you're done :P