ROM ICS Stock C00B934 ???

Guest maninhas

Guest Northstandhero

I've Got the boot up animation and pull down toggles too, I added the vendor package on the previous B927 rom, but didn't with this one and haven't noticed any differences at all.

Okay so I got the rom flashed last night, One question, I've done it before but don't seem to be able to - Flash the Vendor package - Should the folder be called dload or vendor? and how should I try to flash it because Storage>SD Card Update and holding volume + & -, power both give me a pink progress bar with NO text, which shortly goes away and does nothing

Rename the Vendor package as dload, after deleting the main package you just installed. Pink screen indicates that it cant find an update file.

Guest Jamie :)

Rename the Vendor package as dload, after deleting the main package you just installed. Pink screen indicates that it cant find an update file.

It's not the pink screen, it's literally the upgrade screen with no text, the black background and the pink status bar, Which is odd..

And I don't have the vendor package installed because I used Tillaz' zip and did a FULL format because I've been having problems! I'm going to try the B927 vendor package, maybe it'll work, Thanks anyway

Guest rsrocha

I believe the version increment is mainly in the kernel version and gapps updated to latest. The bugs are from ics code and i dont think huawei will bother to mess around with the os code.

It's not the pink screen, it's literally the upgrade screen with no text, the black background and the pink status bar, Which is odd..

And I don't have the vendor package installed because I used Tillaz' zip and did a FULL format because I've been having problems! I'm going to try the B927 vendor package, maybe it'll work, Thanks anyway

Just dload the package on the first post extract it then run the vendor update via forced method

I tried this version but my wi-fi was hit and miss and Copilot app would not work right.

I'm now back on 927 and all is well :) but thanks for the find.

Guest dreamypuma

Thinking switching to 934 from 927. Reading most of this thread some people as reporting a smoother UI.

Is this smoother that 927 or is the smoother performance due to people updating from older ROMs or even Gingerbread (an update from the latter is going to be an obvious leap forward)

What other user enhancements does this ROM bring over 927 is it work making the leap from 927?

Guest wso277

Thinking switching to 934 from 927. Reading most of this thread some people as reporting a smoother UI.

Is this smoother that 927 or is the smoother performance due to people updating from older ROMs or even Gingerbread (an update from the latter is going to be an obvious leap forward)

What other user enhancements does this ROM bring over 927 is it work making the leap from 927?

from stock 927 to stock 934 i notice better performance.

Between infusion 927 and stock 934 didnt notice much difference.

Guest rsrocha

I had a go after lunch...

Updated from b927 with the normal update procedure from sdcard. Everything went smoothly and no problems.

The startup welcome screen is different from b927 and after 2 hours i think the overall experience is way more smoother.

Lets see...

Guest grabster

the weather widget is there dude

look at these !!!

[snip]

Checked again and i dont have them,maybe cos i flashed over my previous b927 ?

All i had was the stock news/weather app/widget.

Solved the browser crashing problem by clearing the browser data in app management .

I tried several alternative browsers over the weekend but im glad to get the stock browser working again.

I thought chrome would be ok, but like the rest the page formatting aint up too scratch.

Edited by grabster

Checked again and i dont have them,maybe cos i flashed over my previous b927 ?

All i had was the stock news/weather app/widget.

Solved the browser crashing problem by clearing the browser data in app management .

I tried several alternative browsers over the weekend but im glad to get the stock browser working again.

I thought chrome would be ok, but like the rest the page formatting aint up too scratch.

Umm did you do a clean install... I flashed the middle package successfully and then i flashed the b934 dload file successfully (the official way B-))

Im all good here.

Guest grabster

Umm did you do a clean install... I flashed the middle package successfully and then i flashed the b934 dload file successfully (the official way B-))

Im all good here.

Nope, i flashed the zip with only a dalvik wipe,i know...no wipe no whine but i didnt see the point in doing a full wipe going from one to another,after all both are stock huawei roms.

Its not as if im having any problems since i cleared the browser data.

I was more than happy with 927 as well apart from the reboots.

Ive had no reboots since upgrading but maybe thats because i have not used bluetooth yet ,i read that maybe thats what causes the reboots.

Nope, i flashed the zip with only a dalvik wipe,i know...no wipe no whine but i didnt see the point in doing a full wipe going from one to another,after all both are stock huawei roms.

Its not as if im having any problems since i cleared the browser data.

I was more than happy with 927 as well apart from the reboots.

Ive had no reboots since upgrading but maybe thats because i have not used bluetooth yet ,i read that maybe thats what causes the reboots.

OH ok im just really paranoid with stuff like that :ph34r: , so its either the official way or no way for me.. lol

Guest bladebuddy
Can someone please test and fully confirm or deny Hardware UI acceleration?

Trust me if it had "Hardware UI acceleration "you wouldn't need to ask for confirmation it would be all over this thread. What people are saying is it runs a lot smoother then 926/927 but probably not much difference to Infusion.

Guest Umrtvovacz

Trust me if it had "Hardware UI acceleration "you wouldn't need to ask for confirmation it would be all over this thread. What people are saying is it runs a lot smoother then 926/927 but probably not much difference to Infusion.

Thanks. I am waiting for Dazzozo's CM10 then, it's much more exciting, albeit JB.