[KERNEL][Omegamoon][B926+][ICS]Overclock to max 1.3GHz (Updated 2012/08/24)

Guest omegamoon

Guest omegamoon

First release. Based on the Huawei v3.0.8 kernel code, I've added overclocking, governers and I/O schedulers and some minor tweaks. Not a lot of other features yet, but I'm quite surprised with the results so far in battery life and performance. So see for yourself. Tested with stock Huawei B927 ROM, up to 1.3GHz.

Tested for performance with max 1.306GHz and min 480MHz frequency, governor "Performance" and I/O Scheduler "VR" I get a AnTuTu score of 3542. This is with lots of applications installed and active. Not bad :D

Tested for battery life with max 1GHz and min 122MHz frequency, governor "SmartassV2" and I/O Scheduler "VR" for 11 hours. Battery dropped 0%(?!) during that time. While not sure if that's really correct and representative I started using the browser intensively, made a 5min telephone call and used whatsapp. Battery dropped from 75% to 68% during that time. Needs more testing I guess, but please post your results here!

Use "No-frills CPU control" from the Market to quickly set the CPU frequencies, Governor and I/O Scheduler to use. Try different options to find out which combination works out best for your specific situation(s).

Needless to say, but be careful with overclocking your device. Overclocking will cause a CPU to have a shorter life expectancy. Apart from that, I take no responsibility whatsoever if you fry your CPU

Not much time, but more to come...

[uPDATE 2012/08/13]

* Bluetooth is fixed now

[uPDATE 2012/08/19]

* Fixed camera flash (thanks to genokolar!)

[uPDATE 2012/08/20]

* Fixed camera issue with mt9p017 sensor (thanks to genokolar!)

* Optimized CPU frequencies + added 2 overclock values

[uPDATE 2012/08/24]

* Added zRam feature

* Added smaller steps in overclock frequencies from 1.2 to 1.3GHz

See for more info, instructions and download here

Source repository can be found here

A big thanks go out to following donators: samjam, bladebuddy

Thanks for your support!

Edited by omegamoon

Guest anything-but

What a time to check the board!!! Shame i wasn`t so lucky with the lottery. :D

Downloading now.

Plus i think your site is about to get violated,lol.

Edited by anything-but

Guest anything-but

Didn`t like 1267mhz...rebooted,trying lower now...

1228mhz seems ok,no reboots yet. :)

Edited by anything-but

Guest anything-but

I was just about to post i found that info on xda. :)

Guess it`s trial and error now. :P

Should add that i`m on B934 and it`s running @ 1228mhz set to smartass v2/Noop.

Edited by anything-but

Guest omegamoon

Setting frequency to min 122MHz and max 1GHz, Governor "SavagedZen" and I/O scheduler "VR". Battery is 100% charged. I'm off to bed now. Curious how the battery holds up. Let's see tomorrow :)

Infusion 927 beta

post-923750-0-59213900-1344728252_thumb.

Infusion 927 beta & Omegamoon kernel @ 1.229 Ghz Gov: Performance I/O: vr

post-923750-0-96875000-1344728254_thumb.

Infusion 927 beta & Omegamoon kernel @ 1.267 Ghz Gov: Performance I/O: vr

post-923750-0-91730800-1344728253_thumb.

Cheers, Omegamoon. Just what the doctor ordered. :D

Edited by Cyda

Guest anything-but

Can`t get Antutu to benchmark my sd card at all,can someone else on B934 test and see if they`re benchmark completes fully.

Scratch that,i must have a moody sd card,it`s now benching...shame it`s a crappy one with low r/w speeds. :D

Edited by anything-but

Guest bladebuddy

Omegamoon you are a star, grand theft auto working a whole lot better can't even control his running as its to fast compared to what I am use to. THANKS BIG TIME. me thinks this phone is about to kick off big time.

Guest anything-but

And as we`re all benching,how many marks would a crappy sd card knock off the antutu score? It`s about 7-8mb/sec write / 12mb/sec read,score sitting about 3330.

Edited by anything-but

Guest unaszplodrmann

Looking at Cyda's results, IO gains a nice boost - 14MB/s write?! - but I'd be surprised if the impact of bumping the clock by a couple of hundred MHz is generally all that noticeable outside of synthetic tests.

Looking at Cyda's results, IO gains a nice boost - 14MB/s write?! - but I'd be surprised if the impact of bumping the clock by a couple of hundred MHz is generally all that noticeable outside of synthetic tests.

The only time you would really notice the overclock is in certain games but far I'm more interested in the under-clocking benefits for improved battery life.

Edited by Cyda

Guest unaszplodrmann

Thats one badass, foot-cheese eating software evangelist.

Re. Antutu IO scores, they're totally unreliable; My card apparently just pulled 19 MB/s in the write test with CFQ and read ahead set to 1024. :rolleyes: Its a class 10 Samsung part, so its good, but not that good.

Antutu = novelty app methinks.

Guest kiwishaun

I set my cpu to 1305 and now it freezes on the enter pin screen everytime I turn it on. I can get into recovery, is it possible to fix it without reflashing my rom?

Guest Davidoff59

kiwi, did you select set on boot after changing the speed. If you did not, then a battery pull or reboot will reset the clock speed to stock.

If you did tick set on boot,then it probably a from reflash to fix

Guest FrankieADZ

didn't expect this when I woke up this morning :lol:

some brilliant scores in see, just hope it sets the light to the G300 in ROM development terms. :)