[KERNEL][Omegamoon][B926+][ICS]Overclock to max 1.3GHz (Updated 2012/08/24)

Guest omegamoon

Guest omegamoon
I'm afraid not. Different CPU to start off with. I won't say voltage control cannot be done, but I tried to follow how this is controlled and I'm not sure I understand it correctly, so for now it's not my cup of tea ;)

Guest omegamoon

I'll add init.d support. I'm currently testing some IO adjustments as well, some of which are commonly known in init.d scripts, like sdcard readahead sizing for instance. Works quite well, for what it's worth, benchmarks are getting higher ;)

Guest omegamoon

Oh yeah, it's still alive :) I'm currently in the process of bringing it to a higher version level. A hell of a job I can assure you! :wacko:

I added init.d support, and made it MIUI compatible. Tried it with latest MIUI v2.9.14 but didn't like it so went back to stock ICS for the time being.

Edited by omegamoon

• 2 weeks later...
Guest omegamoon

Just came back from holidays :) The thing I'm working on now is upgrading from version 3.0.8 to 3.0.21. Although this may look like a small upgrade, believe me, it is not. I'm trying to isolate all the Huawei changes, with the sole purpose of easier upgrading to newer kernels later. I've made many, many changes already, and it's far too easy to mess up things (I probably did already on several points). But... in the end I hope it boots, and I will see the effect of for instance the memory optimizations, speed enhancements, driver upgrades etc. I'm now in the process of upgrading all the drivers, a lot of which have Huawei specific changes (bluetooth, wifi, USB, video, camera).

So, one step at a time. Let's see how this works out. Bare with me in the meantime ;)

Guest Alkapton

I see above someone ask for init.d support, and for zram users - dump comands to set up swapspace in a file, call it zram.sh then read boot script thtead. Nice quick solution;-)

Guest Alkapton

I see above someone ask for init.d support, and for zram users - dump comands to set up swapspace in a file, call it zram.sh then read boot script thtead. Nice quick solution;-)

Guest omegamoon

Here's a quick update. I finished the upgrade to version 3.0.21 and hey, in general it seems okay. Of course I messed up some stuff, but it's not bad for starters. Now lets see what 3.0.31 has to offer ;)

Guest Dazzozo

How are you updating? Patching the kernel through Linux patches?

I just jumped straight to 3.0.31 to get in sync with CAF by patching Huawei changes in to CAF.

Guest omegamoon

No, I'm not very comfortable with linux patching, so I didn't follow that path. The update from the Huawei v3.0.8 to (aurora) v3.0.21 was so much work because I did a manual file-by-file compare/patch :blink: Probably not the most efficient way of doing it, but it works. It also shows all the adjustments Huawei made to the kernel, which I carefully tried to incorporate in the v3.0.21 as well. Knowing this I expect the jump to v3.0.31 will be much easier.

Do you have a working v3.0.31 by the way? or did you, like me, messed up some stuff as well :unsure:

Guest Dazzozo

No, I'm not very comfortable with linux patching, so I didn't follow that path. The update from the Huawei v3.0.8 to (aurora) v3.0.21 was so much work because I did a manual file-by-file compare/patch Probably not the most efficient way of doing it, but it works. It also shows all the adjustments Huawei made to the kernel, which I carefully tried to incorporate in the v3.0.21 as well. Knowing this I expect the jump to v3.0.31 will be much easier.

Do you have a working v3.0.31 by the way? or did you, like me, messed up some stuff as well

Mine works completely, the only problem is that dhd_4330.ko is a prebuilt and it breaks because we can't build it against the changes from 3.0.8 -> 3.0.31.

Guest omegamoon

Mine works completely, the only problem is that dhd_4330.ko is a prebuilt and it breaks because we can't build it against the changes from 3.0.8 -> 3.0.31.

I'm upgrading the drivers now, and some of the ones used in the v3.0.31 seem to be older than the ones in v3.0.21 :unsure: