• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Acqua-Medion Life P4012 CWM-Custom Recovery

32 posts in this topic

Posted

We're getting there. ;) Another one.

recovery-cwm5028-zte-acqua.img

md5:63715a21e988f216775284f5ffde8ed5

Posted (edited)

We're getting there. ;) Another one.

Slowly but surely. I have confidence. :)

Same result as above except now instead of $ro.product.model = X, no driver found:

Android = X No driver found

USB = OK

ADB = No.

Also, (and this is a very minor detail also present in the stock recovery), the text is very tiny. IF there is any EASY way to increase the size of the menu-choice text in the recovery, that would be a fine improvement. If it's a bother, forget about it.

Edited by Yurbuh Tuggly

Posted

I have high hopes that this has both adb and usb mass storage working (or neither :P). Please test and report back.

ADB is not something that a regular user would (probably ever) need on recovery mode, but it would still be nice to have a 100% working cwm. If this doesn't work, I'll probably give up for now. I'll push the sources to my github for the one that worked out the best.

acqua-cwm5028.img

http://www.mediafire.com/?0rc06h90re8azjd

md5:69b4323af736f4f87ca81f32880feffe

Posted

I have high hopes that this has both adb and usb mass storage working (or neither :P). Please test and report back.

ADB is not something that a regular user would (probably ever) need on recovery mode, but it would still be nice to have a 100% working cwm.

BINGO! :D

ZTE Composite ADB Interface = Check Ready to use.

USB = Good.

ADB = Good

List of devices attached

0123456789ABCDEF recovery

This one's the keeper. Well done!

Posted

Great, my job here is done then. ADB device name is of course incorrect but I'll let that one slide. ;) Now you'd just need some custom ROMs...

I pushed the source to my github if someone wants to improve it and I updated my thread with the new version.

Posted (edited)

Where to get some custom ROMs for this device (Coldfusion based on CyanogenMod 9 of 10 for example)?

Or is there somewhere a port-tool (like this one but with porting of zte skate (for example) -> zte skate acqua) to try it safely on this phone?

okay, my last question has already been answered

Edited by stefdesign

Posted

Where to get some custom ROMs for this device (Coldfusion based on CyanogenMod 9 of 10 for example)?

Or is there somewhere a port-tool (like this one but with porting of zte skate (for example) -> zte skate acqua) to try it safely on this phone?

okay, my last question has already been answered

Does it make CyanogenMod better if it comes re-branded? ;)

No, you can't port ROMs from Skate. It's an ARMv6 device, this has ARMv7 chipset.

You could try porting ROMs from other msm7x27a devices like ZTE N880E, ZTE V889D, ZTE Blade II, Huawei G300, HTC Desire V, Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 and Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (Samsungs have different screen resolution though). If you ask me, it would be better to start by modifying your current stock ROM at this point. There is no point in porting some half-working CM9/CM10 build from other devices - you should be building it from source for this device yourself.