Acqua-Medion Life P4012 CWM-Custom Recovery

Guest Yurbuh Tuggly

Guest Yurbuh Tuggly

We're getting there. ;) Another one.

Slowly but surely. I have confidence. :)

Same result as above except now instead of $ro.product.model = X, no driver found:

Android = X No driver found

USB = OK

ADB = No.

Also, (and this is a very minor detail also present in the stock recovery), the text is very tiny. IF there is any EASY way to increase the size of the menu-choice text in the recovery, that would be a fine improvement. If it's a bother, forget about it.

Edited by Yurbuh Tuggly

Guest KonstaT

I have high hopes that this has both adb and usb mass storage working (or neither :P). Please test and report back.

ADB is not something that a regular user would (probably ever) need on recovery mode, but it would still be nice to have a 100% working cwm. If this doesn't work, I'll probably give up for now. I'll push the sources to my github for the one that worked out the best.

acqua-cwm5028.img

http://www.mediafire.com/?0rc06h90re8azjd

md5:69b4323af736f4f87ca81f32880feffe

Guest Yurbuh Tuggly

I have high hopes that this has both adb and usb mass storage working (or neither :P). Please test and report back.

ADB is not something that a regular user would (probably ever) need on recovery mode, but it would still be nice to have a 100% working cwm.

BINGO! :D

ZTE Composite ADB Interface = Check Ready to use.

USB = Good.

ADB = Good

List of devices attached

0123456789ABCDEF recovery

This one's the keeper. Well done!

Guest KonstaT

Great, my job here is done then. ADB device name is of course incorrect but I'll let that one slide. ;) Now you'd just need some custom ROMs...

I pushed the source to my github if someone wants to improve it and I updated my thread with the new version.

Guest stefdesign

Where to get some custom ROMs for this device (Coldfusion based on CyanogenMod 9 of 10 for example)?

Or is there somewhere a port-tool (like this one but with porting of zte skate (for example) -> zte skate acqua) to try it safely on this phone?

okay, my last question has already been answered

Edited by stefdesign

Guest KonstaT

Where to get some custom ROMs for this device (Coldfusion based on CyanogenMod 9 of 10 for example)?

Or is there somewhere a port-tool (like this one but with porting of zte skate (for example) -> zte skate acqua) to try it safely on this phone?

okay, my last question has already been answered

Does it make CyanogenMod better if it comes re-branded? ;)

No, you can't port ROMs from Skate. It's an ARMv6 device, this has ARMv7 chipset.

You could try porting ROMs from other msm7x27a devices like ZTE N880E, ZTE V889D, ZTE Blade II, Huawei G300, HTC Desire V, Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 and Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (Samsungs have different screen resolution though). If you ask me, it would be better to start by modifying your current stock ROM at this point. There is no point in porting some half-working CM9/CM10 build from other devices - you should be building it from source for this device yourself.