• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

READ! Need help ASAP!

48 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi MoDaCo forum! I have a big problem! I'm a newbee to Android, and I tried to update to ICS using a little help from "wrtease" user and I ended up screwing the device i just bought today... I tried to update by putting ICS on the sdcard and then hold down all 3 button till it loops into update state... The pink line got stocked and got failed installation mark/alert... Now when I turn on the device it's stucks on a white screen with a "Wo 3g" orange logo in the middle of it. HELP!!!!!

Posted

Yeah.. Still no one helped me. :( Very sad :(

Posted

Have you got clockwork mod already installed?

Posted

If you have you could flash a rom through it. If not, I dunno.

:(

Posted

No, like I said, all that I did was to put the B926 on the sdcard, press and hold down all the 3 buttons and failed.

Posted

Firstly, this is not a helpdesk, so these kind of screaming topictitles and impatient posts like this won't help.

Have you tried to connect via Fastboot or push Clockworkmod as described in the sticky?

Posted (edited)

Firstly, thank you for responding!

The pc doesn't recognize it. I will try to do the Clockworkmod now!

Edited by Marius9425

Posted

I tried the Clockworkmod and nothing, the pc can't see the device :((

Posted

try putting the latest gingerbread update on the sdcard and do the same thing...

hopefully it wont fail, and restore your phone

Posted

So my model is B892 - U8815 - region Romania. Where can I find that update?

Posted (edited)

Stay calm.

I'm not sure but could you have actually flashed the vendor. app first instead of the update.app?

Anyway in regards to your pc not seeing your phone; Do have the ADB drivers installed?

[media=]

Edited by Rico_89

Posted (edited)

No, I didn't put the vendor file at all, only the update.app... I can't find the 2.3.6v 892 - Region Romania

Edited by Marius9425

Posted

Firstly, thank you for responding! I know, but I'm very upset... that guy screwed my phone... :(((((

The pc doesn't recognize it. I will try to do the Clockworkmod now!

What guy is this....someone else pressed those buttons......not you???

You should take down references to other forum users regarding "screwing your phone"

you named a guy, it ain't fair to do that....

and calm down, mistakes are made when you are not calm.....

sleep on it, read a lot and ask questions which people can understand.....give as much info as possible.....and do not blame anyone else for your mistakes!!!

Posted

your best chance is to do what tillaz said... if that doesn't work, sorry dude... original rom can be found here http://www.modaco.com/topic/353792-original-factory-roms-from-huawei

and one more thing... it's not that guy's fault... and even if it was it's not ok to point fingers... you're the guy who pressed the buttons. he was just trying to help!

Posted

just adding one more recommendation: try flash that gingerbread stock rom from other (not the same u used with b926) formatted sd card...

Posted

irishpancake you are right.i was trying to help him.i was told to late about the b892 firmware .if i new that it was on it i would have stopped and gave him the root and clockwork method.any way will thank all the other people for their help.and posts.i will still help him to get it sorted.

Posted

LOL at the very least you will learn real quick

Posted

And this is why I tell people to read before flashing a rom or else we get a thread like this.

Posted

davidoff any ideas as to what i can do to help get Marius up and running again

Posted (edited)

Marius have you re-flashed the update.app B885 yet ???

Edited by luvvt

Posted

will try and do that when he appears on here.i am going to help him if he wants my help and from others its his call.i think he's stuck at the Chinese logo of Ics .will se what he asks for.

Posted

Im pretty sure that you can flash B9xx roms over B8xx with out having root.

And i am also thinking that if Marius is stuck on B926 logo surely a reflash of that rom should work

Posted

that's what i think too or b927 could work to .will wait and see.

Posted (edited)

Probably but better to stick with 926 i think. Especially if he has the boot logo there already.

Maybe just needs a battery pull

edit:

Nope sorry he got a failed notification

Edited by luvvt

Posted

I just wake up.. Yeah last night was something that I don't wanna do again, that's for sure... Finally at about 5:30 in the morning, after unknown times that I tried to reflash using the stock 2.3 GingerB, I said to put the B934 ICS and got stucked at the android logo... BUT then I got another ideea, to try for the last time B926 again and from the first time it flashed very quickly and rebooted!! After that it jump into the ICS 4.0.3. I was so lucky with that last one try!!!

The phone model now is U8818 and it's running Android 4.0.3 - baseband 2030 - B926 !

Now I have to learn everything before doing something else to the phone! I don't see the google play store and the other googles services, so what I have to do to make it works 100%?