[Recovery] ClockWorkMod 6.0.x.x for ZTE Acqua

Guest KonstaT

Guest mariowilmsen

Hello, excuse me for my bad english. I'm new to this (put custom rom on my phone. I have a medion life phone 4012 (which should be like zte acqua ?)

I installed SU on my phone and also installed ClockworkBlade3. I started the phone in recovery and made a backup of the system to my microSD card.

If I follow these instructions :

This is my build of Koush's ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.3.2. This recovery is common to all ZTE devices with board name atlas40 (e.g. ZTE Blade III, ZTE Acqua, V889D, V880E etc).

recovery-cwm6032-atlas40.img

https://hotfile.com/...tlas40.img.html

md5:361a8519c9dfe7e34d52ab481b93b459

ClockWorkMod flashable zip:

recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.2-atlas40.zip

https://hotfile.com/...tlas40.zip.html

md5:3c243fdf6a91e35b1e6c277df1712a35

This recovery is fully working with goodies such as repeatable keys and adb sideload support. Use volume keys to navigate menus and power button to select.

Do not use this recovery to flash official updates from ZTE website! You need to repack them for ClockWorkMod or use the stock recovery to install.

How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery (windows):

1. download ZTE USB drivers

2. download and install Android SDK tools and platform-tools to get adb and fastboot

3. download recovery-cwm6032-atlas40.img recovery image

4. create a new directory somewhere and copy adb.exe, fastboot.exe and recovery-cwm6032-atlas40.img into it

5. plug in your device via USB cable and install drivers

6. cd into the directory you created and execute following commands in terminal window

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6032-atlas40.img

fastboot reboot

7. congratulations, you have installed cwm on to your device

8. boot into ClockWorkMod by pressing volume down while powering on or using 'adb reboot recovery'

Will this work to put the custom rom on my medion phone ? Is this the best custom rom I can use on my phone ?

If this should not work, can i restore my phone to the medion rom (with the backup on my microSD card ?)

Thank you your answer,

Mario

Guest KonstaT

Hello, excuse me for my bad english. I'm new to this (put custom rom on my phone. I have a medion life phone 4012 (which should be like zte acqua ?)

I installed SU on my phone and also installed ClockworkBlade3. I started the phone in recovery and made a backup of the system to my microSD card.

If I follow these instructions :

Will this work to put the custom rom on my medion phone ? Is this the best custom rom I can use on my phone ?

If this should not work, can i restore my phone to the medion rom (with the backup on my microSD card ?)

Thank you your answer,

Mario

Errm, this is not a custom ROM - this is a custom recovery that you use to install custom ROMs. And you said you've already installed ClockWorkMod and made a backup.

Yes, you can restore your nandoid backup and return to stock firmware. There's also Medion firmware available in the ZTE Acqua stock ROMs thread.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Di0g0

Anyone can help me ?

I have installed the TMN B04 update, and now I can't root my acqua :s

I have CWM installed, but superuser isn't working :s

Any tips?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr_Nui

I would but I can not install Root. recovery-cwm6032-atlas40.img will hold a waiting device.

I used version.

Model number: V880E.

Android version: 4.0.4.

Baseband version: P772A11B01.

Build number: SIS_V880EV1.0.0B03.

Kernel version: 3.0.8-perf-svn31122 zte-kernel @ Zdroid-SMT.

Thanks for the help.

From user in thailand.

*** Translate form Google ***.

*** I want USB Driver for ZTE V880E Acqua....Thankyou ***

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Anyone can help me ?

I have installed the TMN B04 update, and now I can't root my acqua :s

I have CWM installed, but superuser isn't working :s

Any tips?

I found it easier to root the phone first, then install CWM. Only because you have stock ROM. Use the instructions given below:

Sure thing.

You'll need the Android SDK:

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

You'll only need the sdk tools, and not the adt bundle. Unzip to directory of your choice - make it easy to remember where.

Then click on the following link (the link above has been cut off and therefore is incomplete):

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=81949

then put it into the same folder as adb.exe, which will be inside one of the folders you unzipped.

Turn on usb debugging on your phone (app drawer --> settings --> developer options --> usb debugging)

then open a cmd console

Start --> Run --> type "cmd.exe" without the quotes.

Then type "adb devices" (again, without quotes). You'll know its successful if it lists a device. Mine says P772A13. Don't worry if yours is 'slightly' different (usually the last 3 characters), as long as there is an entry. Navigate to the folder with adb.exe/unlockbootloader.exe and either double click the unlockbootloader.exe, or if you used the cmd console to get there, then type "unlockbootloader.exe" without the quotes. You'll see a menu come up. Press the first option and wait. A dialog box tells you to leave your mouse & keyboard alone while it does its thing. When it is finished, your phone will be rooted.

Of course, there was one other useful option there - unlock the bootloader. You only need to use this if you want to install a custom rom... But if you only want root priviledges, then the first option (root your phone) will do.

NOTE: Yes, the program was designed for a different manufacturer (Huawei and not Zte) and phone, but it works - and provided it doesnt damage the phone (it doesnt . I've done it a dozen times or more now), that's all that matters.

I know you like to install superuser from Cwm, but this is failsafe. You didn't have root when you installed cwm, so you mightn't have been able to do it the way you normally would.

Once you've done the above, download and install the Terminal Emulator app from the play store and open it. Then:

su

(grant access for terminal app)

dd if=/mnt/sdcard/recovery-cwm6032-atlas40.IMG of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17

reboot recovery

And you're in CWM with root privileges. A bit different but it works. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Dezideria07

Please, help me! I don't know what should I do. I was trying to install cwm but with no success. May anybody write the process step by step? I already did everything. My phone still protests :( 

Before that phone I had Optimus Boston and I had no problem with installing custom ROMs! I need your help.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Please, help me! I don't know what should I do. I was trying to install cwm but with no success. May anybody write the process step by step? I already did everything. My phone still protests :(

Before that phone I had Optimus Boston and I had no problem with installing custom ROMs! I need your help.

I assume your phone is rooted! if so, and you have terminal emulator installed, then the answer lies 2 posts above yours! If you're not rooted (and since you're familiar with customs ROMs I find that unlikely), then you'll need to do so using another thread like this Edited by MJonMoDaCo

• 1 month later...
Guest ricardomvr

Hey guys,

I already have root and when trying to instal CW recovery, it stays at "writing 'recovery'... " , forever. I have to unplug the phone and remove the battery!

When I unplug the phone it shows - "FAILED <status read failed <too many links>> Finished. total time 952.470s"

Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, my phone is a ZTE Skate Acqua (TMN Smart A15)

Edited by ricardomvr

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Hey guys,

I already have root and when trying to instal CW recovery, it stays at "writing 'recovery'... " , forever. I have to unplug the phone and remove the battery!

When I unplug the phone it shows - "FAILED <status read failed <too many links>> Finished. total time 952.470s"

Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, my phone is a ZTE Skate Acqua (TMN Smart A15)

Try using the file & instructions for terminal.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Aren't these it?

Okay sorry. There's 2 different files for this job. I assumed you were using adb via PC. but if not, then you'll need the recovery-cwm6031-atlas40.img file, and not the cwm flashable zip. If its still not working then the IMG is probably corrupted and needs re-downloading.

Guest ricardomvr

Okay sorry. There's 2 different files for this job. I assumed you were using adb via PC. but if not, then you'll need the recovery-cwm6031-atlas40.img file, and not the cwm flashable zip. If its still not working then the IMG is probably corrupted and needs re-downloading.

Thanks for the answer. I am using adb via PC and already tried to install cwm6031 and cwm6044. I also tried to reinstal the stock recovery but the problem remains.

I'll try to post some Screen Shots later.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Managed to Install CyanogenMod 10.1 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.2.2) adb booting into CWM6032. but now everytime I reboot the phone it stays on Loop. I'm looking for CWM6032 or 6044 ZIP files  but @konstaT links are down :(

Edited by ricardomvr

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Thanks for the answer. I am using adb via PC and already tried to install cwm6031 and cwm6044. I also tried to reinstal the stock recovery but the problem remains.

I'll try to post some Screen Shots later.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Managed to Install CyanogenMod 10.1 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.2.2) adb booting into CWM6032. but now everytime I reboot the phone it stays on Loop. I'm looking for CWM6032 or 6044 ZIP files but @konstaT links are down :(

Okay. Instead of booting into cwm via adb, how about installing it instead? You should have the right file. I heard that 6044 has issues for our Acquas (mainly the boot loop) so you're best to stick with 6032 for now.

Edit: Oh, aaaaand: Did you ready your device properly? You need to format the /system partition if you're coming from another version of CM (9.x 10.1.x).

You won't need a factory reset if you're upgrading from an older build of CM10.1.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest ricardomvr

Okay. Instead of booting into cwm via adb, how about installing it instead? You should have the right file. I heard that 6044 has issues for our Acquas (mainly the boot loop) so you're best to stick with 6032 for now.

Edit: Oh, aaaaand: Did you ready your device properly? You need to format the /system partition if you're coming from another version of CM (9.x 10.1.x).

You won't need a factory reset if you're upgrading from an older build of CM10.1.

Finnaly, everything is running smooth now. :)

I still had stock recovery, but booting into CW6032 via adb, I managed to install everything without any problem.

Now to solve another problem... WI-FI not working on some networks!! I think I saw a fix arround here somewhere!

Edited by ricardomvr

Guest MJonMoDaCo

And scores! :D

Nice one. yep there's a WiFi fix, and since there's only so many threads here for our Acquas, you'll get there... you just have to flash via cwm again ;)

Guest ricardomvr

And scores! :D

Nice one. yep there's a WiFi fix, and since there's only so many threads here for our Acquas, you'll get there... you just have to flash via cwm again ;)

All ok now.  :D

Already have my acqua 1 year now and for sutch a low budget phone, it's prety good! ;)