[Recovery] ClockWorkMod 6.0.x.x for ZTE Acqua

Guest KonstaT

Just got the phone and folowed the instructions to load cwm.

All went well and I even tested backup / restore to confirm all is ok.

But there is a problem. Using cwm the official versions do NOT load.

I've d/l both the available update.zip -listed some posts back- from ZTE and I tried to update the phone from cwm.

With either file I get this error:

assert failed: getprop(.... etc

(Status 7)

Disabling script asserts makes no difference.

If I edit updater-script to remove the ofending lines then update fails with (Status 0)

To confirm the problem is with cwm I used adb/fastboot to flash back the original recovery.img and the official updates worked.

Guest Yurbuh Tuggly

but i don't have original recovery.img file. or not need?

Yes, you need it.

Here you go:

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/61038776/file.html[/CODE]

I did some tests with cwm recovery and adb.

It seems that this version of cwm does not mount /system and /data that is needed by the official update.zip

Also the format command in updater-script gives a segmentation fault.

Guest KonstaT

But there is a problem. Using cwm the official versions do NOT load.

I've d/l both the available update.zip -listed some posts back- from ZTE and I tried to update the phone from cwm.

You are failing on the assumption that these updates are something that you should be able to flash with custom recovery. ;)

These updates include a lot more than just the ROM. These updates will also flash your bootloader etc - bunch of low level stuff that you should not be flashing if you don't know what you're doing. After an official update you would also lose your custom recovery as it would be replaced with stock recovery on the next boot.

Do not flash the official updates with clockworkmod if you haven't repacked them for that purpose. As a guideline, you shouldn't be flashing partitions with cwm that you can't also backup using cwm.

I did some tests with cwm recovery and adb.

It seems that this version of cwm does not mount /system and /data that is needed by the official update.zip

Also the format command in updater-script gives a segmentation fault.

It more likely fails on formatting above partitions (/data is never even mounted). Here's an updater-script that should work. If not, you could also try replacing the first line with "format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p19", "0", "/system");" or replacing updater-binary from some CM9 build. I removed lines related to partitions that you shouldn't be flashing so you can also remove related stuff from the zip. You only need to have META-INF and system folders and boot.img inside the update.zip.

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p19", "0");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p19", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
symlink("/factory/hdcp.keys", "/system/vendor/firmware/hdcp.keys");
symlink("Roboto-Bold.ttf", "/system/fonts/DroidSans-Bold.ttf");
symlink("Roboto-Regular.ttf", "/system/fonts/DroidSans.ttf");
symlink("busybox", "/system/bin/[",
"/system/bin/test");
symlink("libwiperjni_v01.so", "/system/lib/libwiperjni.so");
symlink("mksh", "/system/bin/sh");
symlink("toolbox", "/system/bin/cat", "/system/bin/chmod",
"/system/bin/chown", "/system/bin/cmp", "/system/bin/date",
"/system/bin/dd", "/system/bin/df", "/system/bin/dmesg",
"/system/bin/getevent", "/system/bin/getprop", "/system/bin/hd",
"/system/bin/id", "/system/bin/ifconfig", "/system/bin/iftop",
"/system/bin/insmod", "/system/bin/ioctl", "/system/bin/ionice",
"/system/bin/kill", "/system/bin/ln", "/system/bin/log",
"/system/bin/ls", "/system/bin/lsmod", "/system/bin/lsof",
"/system/bin/mkdir", "/system/bin/mount", "/system/bin/mv",
"/system/bin/nandread", "/system/bin/netstat",
"/system/bin/newfs_msdos", "/system/bin/notify", "/system/bin/printenv",
"/system/bin/ps", "/system/bin/reboot", "/system/bin/renice",
"/system/bin/rm", "/system/bin/rmdir", "/system/bin/rmmod",
"/system/bin/route", "/system/bin/schedtop", "/system/bin/sendevent",
"/system/bin/setconsole", "/system/bin/setprop", "/system/bin/sleep",
"/system/bin/smd", "/system/bin/start", "/system/bin/stop",
"/system/bin/sync", "/system/bin/top", "/system/bin/touch",
"/system/bin/umount", "/system/bin/uptime", "/system/bin/vmstat",
"/system/bin/watchprops",
"/system/bin/wipe");
symlink("wiperiface_v01", "/system/bin/wiperiface");
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/bin");
set_perm(0, 1000, 0750, "/system/bin/diag_mdlog");
set_perm(0, 1000, 0750, "/system/bin/iptables");
set_perm(0, 3003, 02750, "/system/bin/netcfg");
set_perm(0, 3004, 02755, "/system/bin/ping");
set_perm(0, 2000, 06750, "/system/bin/run-as");
set_perm(0, 1000, 0750, "/system/bin/tc");
set_perm_recursive(1002, 1002, 0755, 0440, "/system/etc/bluetooth");
set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/etc/bluetooth");
set_perm(1000, 1000, 0640, "/system/etc/bluetooth/auto_pairing.conf");
set_perm(3002, 3002, 0444, "/system/etc/bluetooth/blacklist.conf");
set_perm(1002, 1002, 0440, "/system/etc/dbus.conf");
set_perm(1014, 2000, 0550, "/system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-run-hooks");
set_perm(0, 2000, 0550, "/system/etc/init.goldfish.sh");
set_perm(1000, 1000, 0777, "/system/etc/init.qcom.sdio.sh");
set_perm(0, 0, 0544, "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh");
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0555, "/system/etc/ppp");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0644, "/system/vendor");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/firmware/libpn544_fw.so");
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system/vendor/lib");
set_perm(0, 2000, 0755, "/system/vendor/lib");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0644, "/system/vendor/lib/drm");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/lib/drm/libdrmwvmplugin.so");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/multi_pose_face_landmark_detectors.3/left_eye-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-r0-ri20.2d_n2/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/multi_pose_face_landmark_detectors.3/left_eye-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-rn7-ri20.2d_n2/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/multi_pose_face_landmark_detectors.3/left_eye-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-rp7-ri20.2d_n2/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/multi_pose_face_landmark_detectors.3/nose_base-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-r0-ri20.2d_n2/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/multi_pose_face_landmark_detectors.3/nose_base-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-rn7-ri20.2d_n2/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/multi_pose_face_landmark_detectors.3/nose_base-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-rp7-ri20.2d_n2/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/multi_pose_face_landmark_detectors.3/right_eye-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-r0-ri20.2d_n2/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/multi_pose_face_landmark_detectors.3/right_eye-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-rn7-ri20.2d_n2/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/multi_pose_face_landmark_detectors.3/right_eye-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-rp7-ri20.2d_n2/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/yaw_roll_face_detectors.3/head-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-r0-ri30.4a/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/yaw_roll_face_detectors.3/head-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-rn30-ri30.5/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/detection/yaw_roll_face_detectors.3/head-y0-yi45-p0-pi45-rp30-ri30.5/full_model.bin");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/vendor/pittpatt/models/recognition/face.face.y0-y0-22-b-N/full_model.bin");
set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/xbin");
show_progress(0.200000, 0);
show_progress(0.200000, 10);
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p16");
show_progress(0.100000, 0);
unmount("/system");
[/CODE]

[/spoiler]

Thanks for picking this up.

I'm trying to modify the original versions to suit my needs.

I have removed all the non needed stuff and only kept:

META-INF (without the CERT/MANIFEST files)

system

boot.img

fat.bin

splash.img

(I kept the *.img because they are newer versions than the currently installed on the phone)

I have modified accordingly the updater-script to remove recovery update etc and the first 2 assert lines because /system is not mounted and fail. (cwm can't locate buid.prop)

Also it tries to format /data but this is not mounted either.

Then format /system fails too which I can't explain.

My first lines are:

show_progress(0.500000, 0);

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p19", "/system");

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/system");

I get "segmentation fault".

System is mounted, but format fails.

Also I notice a very odd situation.

The ROM currently on the phone contains a recovery "recovery" that deletes (!) CWM when that fails.

(install-recovery.sh and recovery-from-boot.p are inside the original directory structure)

Let me put it in other words. I load CWM using fastboot. CWM stays there forever unless I try to load a zip that fails.

When I enter CWM and select the zip and the procedure fails, I then select reboot.

Phone boots normally, but during boot CWM is been replaced by the original (3e) bootloader.

How odd!

I will try your version of updater-script and report back.

Edit 1: format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p19", "0"); gives segmentation fault

Edit 2: format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p19", "0", "/system"); won't work because there are too many arguments.

Edit 3: I've loaded update-binary from CM9 and again it fails to format system with message "script aborted (no error message)

Edit 4: I modified updater-script to remove the format commands. I've formated /system from the CWM menu and the upgrade works. At least there is a start.

Edited by papars

Can you give some information of your version / country etc?

By the way I have moded the Slovak version to load in Greek Acquas and I have replaced the android keyboard (LatinIME.apk) to include Greek layout and dictionary.

I'm still working on this but I do not plan to release any version because the JB version should be out soon.

Zte Acqua (v880e) ICS 4.0.4. have simlock (Ucell Uzbekistan). after flash my Acqua I lost IMEI and MAC adress Wi-Fi :( who know how to restore IMEI and....??? Thanks!

Edited by Khusan

I still can't figure out why format fails in updater-script but if somebody is brave enough I can send him a link for the slovak update (B07) to load using CWM.

My update does not contain the *.MBM files or the stock recovery so it should be relatively safe to load. It's already running on a couple of phones at my place.

Guest koks.desk

I still can't figure out why format fails in updater-script but if somebody is brave enough I can send him a link for the slovak update (B07) to load using CWM.

My update does not contain the *.MBM files or the stock recovery so it should be relatively safe to load. It's already running on a couple of phones at my place.

Can you send me, I will try to deliver. Edited by koks.desk

Guest Droidevil

Can you give some information of your version / country etc?

By the way I have moded the Slovak version to load in Greek Acquas and I have replaced the android keyboard (LatinIME.apk) to include Greek layout and dictionary.

I'm still working on this but I do not plan to release any version because the JB version should be out soon.

Please send me your firmware, I want to try it

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Panda2005

Hey, thanks for your efforts.

I have followed all the steps and I have succeeded to reboot into the bootloader, but fastboot does not work. It displays <waiting for device>.

I also tried 'fastboot devices', which returns an empty row.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, thanks for your efforts.

I have followed all the steps and I have succeeded to reboot into the bootloader, but fastboot does not work. It displays <waiting for device>.

I also tried 'fastboot devices', which returns an empty row.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You should install bootloader driver.