Buy a LG Optimus 4X, get Cheryl (formerly Cole) for free

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

I know, you've been so tempted to pick up a LG Optimus 4X haven't you... well, if you're one of the first 50 to pre-order, you get Cheryl (formerly Cole) free!

Phones 4u have announced that LG’s first Quad-Core processor smartphone, the LG Optimus 4X HD, is now available to preorder from its website. The first 50 people to preorder the device, including upgrades, will also be given a pair of tickets worth £100 to see Cheryl perform live this Autumn. After that, buyers will receive two pairs of tickets! Haw haw haw, OK, I kid, Cheryl's not bad really. :)

The 8.9mm thick Optimus 4X HD includes 16 GB internal memory, runs Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box (sorry Phones 4u, contrary to what you say in your release, that's not 'latest version of Android OS') and comes in both black and white (hurrah!).

The new flagship handset follows on where the Dual Core Tegra 2 2X left off, with a 1.5GHz Tegra 3 Quad-Core processor, a 4.7-inch (1280 x 720) True HD IPS display, 16GB eMMC and 1GB RAM, an 8.0MP BSI Sensor (Rear) and 1.3MP (Front) and a rather capacious 2,150mAh battery. Crucially in the battle against some of it's competitors (*cough* One X *cough*), the 4X has a microSD slot for memory expansion.

So, on paper it looks pretty decent but, well, a lot of MoDaCo readers have been burned by LG's slow updates and poor support before. Are you willing to give them another chance?

If so, head on over to Phones 4u to place your order, starting from FREE on a £26 24 month contract.

Click here to view the item

Guest everett_psycho

I'm definitely not trying another LG handset yet, they have a lot to prove with their service and updated before I'd consider another one of their handsets. Like the o2x it does sound like a great piece of kit for the cash, I only hope LG have realised that hardware isn't all that matters. They are still using tegra chips though which really didn't help many modders along with getting ice to work on the o2x

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.