[Recovery][Gen1/2/3 and Idea Blade] Fully working CWM 6.0.1.1 touch (stable) 6.0.1.5 (testing) [17/10]

Guest Snap.IT

Guest Akash P

Can anyone confirm?? This is working on chinese blades?

Why don't you try it out yourself and be the first to test it out on a Chinese Blade and help others?

Fully working CWM 6.0.1.1

New version with rebuilt kernel, removing FTM mode fixed the problem with no HW keys on cold boot, lightsensor is disabled and brightness set to 200.

Fastboot flashable image: https://dl.dropbox.c...ensor-noFTM.img

MD5: d2c382e8dfb95abca170211638c48977

Flash from recovery: https://dl.dropbox.c...ensor-noFTM.zip

MD5: a60e5cb4439886b5473e59bbfb0492de

Thanks Snap.IT. Works perfectly fine on European Blade :)

Guest Shiv Prajapati

Why don't you try it out yourself and be the first to test it out on a Chinese Blade and help others?

Thanks for the advice buddy..huge thanks to Snap.IT you can update the OP it's working fine in my chinese blade..hope I m the first one who tried it on chinese blade.. :-)

Guest targetbsp

TargetBSP for the suggestion to remove FTM mode to fix HW keys.

Great of you to credit people but I can't take credit for that one. :D Dunno whose idea it was, but it wasn't mine. :)

Guest matt4321

Anyone finding it takes a very long time to restore the sd-ext. all other partitions restore at an average rate, but my sd-ext takes about 20mins

Guest targetbsp

Anyone finding it takes a very long time to restore the sd-ext. all other partitions restore at an average rate, but my sd-ext takes about 20mins

Well, I've technically spent 36 hours trying to restore my sd-ext. :D Not this particular recoveries fault. I think there's something not quite right with CWM6 and sd ext and I'm still trying to narrow down what exactly. Maybe when moving certain things (app data or dalvik or something) and or having multiple different roms both using sd ext. Somewhere, something isn't quite right.

Guest Snap.IT

Well, I've technically spent 36 hours trying to restore my sd-ext. :D Not this particular recoveries fault. I think there's something not quite right with CWM6 and sd ext and I'm still trying to narrow down what exactly. Maybe when moving certain things (app data or dalvik or something) and or having multiple different roms both using sd ext. Somewhere, something isn't quite right.

Try the new version, it restores my sd-ext in less than two minutes and i have a few hundred MB's worth on there.

Guest matt4321
What filesystem are you guys using for sd-ext and what flags?

Try the new version, it restores my sd-ext in less than two minutes and i have a few hundred MB's worth on there.

Its sd-ext.ext3.dup and I'm not sure what you mean by flags. I have the same issue on the latest version

Guest Snap.IT

Its sd-ext.ext3.dup and I'm not sure what you mean by flags. I have the same issue on the latest version

I'm referring to the filesystem flags on your sd-ext partition, like journaling.

I'm using ext4 with journaling disabled, that may be the reason why it's as fast as it is to make the backup.

I'll look into it further, it must have something to do with how it handles ext3.

Guest targetbsp

ext 4 journaling disabled I think for me. I do have over 1.5gb in my Ext partition so I kind of expect mine to take a while. Though does often seem to just sit there with the animations frozen before continuing again.

I was more moaning about the amount of time I've spent trying to get to the bottom of an issue with my Ext partition and backups. Sorry that wasn't particularly helpful. I've just been without my phone nearly 2 days and its taken a frustratingly long time to narrow down the issue. :D My problem doesn't specifically lie in your recovery. I also tried the non touch version and the previous version. My problem is either in the 6 series as a whole or both of my backup were just screwed. I'm still investigating!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Snap.IT

there seems to be a bit of delay after touch i mean between menu changes

is is possible to fix that

In a final version i'll speed things up a bit, i'll put a test version in the thread by the end of today. Hopefully that version will help with both sd-ext restore performance issues and flipping through menu delays (though i can't say i've noticed that at all).

Guest Snap.IT

ext 4 journaling disabled I think for me. I do have over 1.5gb in my Ext partition so I kind of expect mine to take a while. Though does often seem to just sit there with the animations frozen before continuing again.

I was more moaning about the amount of time I've spent trying to get to the bottom of an issue with my Ext partition and backups. Sorry that wasn't particularly helpful. I've just been without my phone nearly 2 days and its taken a frustratingly long time to narrow down the issue. :D My problem doesn't specifically lie in your recovery. I also tried the non touch version and the previous version. My problem is either in the 6 series as a while or both of my backup were just screwed. I'm still investigating!

Ahhh, well that's another thing, i actually measured how long it takes to restore sd-ext for me and it takes exactly 25 seconds for 210MB to be backed up.

Best of luck with that backup, i'll probably be using the tar file format in the future, just in case something like that happens, with the tarballs it's a lot easier to fix problems.

Guest Snap.IT

How is the speed if you use tar for backup/restore rather than .dup? Is there any change?

Guest targetbsp

Best of luck with that backup, i'll probably be using the tar file format in the future, just in case something like that happens, with the tarballs it's a lot easier to fix problems.

I've spent the day backing up and restoring between CM7 and 10 and cannot get it to go wrong. If anything that bothers me more. I'd rather than a known way I can break it (and then avoid it) than some unknown event that can take out my backups. I lack confidence in this new format so I might do the same.

Loving the touch though. :D