[Recovery][Gen1/2/3 and Idea Blade] Fully working CWM 6.0.1.1 touch (stable) 6.0.1.5 (testing) [17/10]

Guest Snap.IT

Guest matt4321

Testing version, should be a tad faster:

Fastboot flashable: https://dl.dropbox.c...performance.img

MD5: 7aac32f4d4b525da4e22b521f2aa618b

Recovery flashable: https://dl.dropbox.c...performance.zip

MD5: b820717b87f5ea79394c47704c593a81

How is the speed if you use tar for backup/restore rather than .dup? Is there any change?

I'll try the new version see how that is with my sd-ext and if it's really long i'll also try using tar backups.

Guest matt4321

Using the test version! Just made a backup and restored. The restore stock 15mins which is what an average backup takes me so I think (for me anyway) the sd-ext problem is fixed! excellent job mate

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

Great of you to credit people but I can't take credit for that one. :D Dunno whose idea it was, but it wasn't mine. :)

It was tomm13bs idea :P

Guest Snap.IT

Using the test version! Just made a backup and restored. The restore stock 15mins which is what an average backup takes me so I think (for me anyway) the sd-ext problem is fixed! excellent job mate

Well that is a 25% improvement. :)

I'll leave it as testing for a while to see how well it works.

Guest matt4321

Well that is a 25% improvement. :)

I'll leave it as testing for a while to see how well it works.

25%...? What else is broken? Everything else works fine for me

Guest emotty

Testing version, should be a tad faster:

Fastboot flashable: https://dl.dropbox.c...performance.img

MD5: 7aac32f4d4b525da4e22b521f2aa618b

Recovery flashable: https://dl.dropbox.c...performance.zip

MD5: b820717b87f5ea79394c47704c593a81

Thanks !!!

used the Recovery Flashable ... works great :D

no idea about sd-ext dont use it

i can nearly read the thing without glasses :)

Guest Snap.IT

25%...? What else is broken? Everything else works fine for me

It should work fine but i'll leave it for testing for the time being rather than rewriting the OP yet again, i'm not sure if i'll release more testing versions.

Guest matt4321

It should work fine but i'll leave it for testing for the time being rather than rewriting the OP yet again, i'm not sure if i'll release more testing versions.

awesome man

Guest Snap.IT

Moved it to stable.

Guest Snap.IT

i assume this won't work with rommanager? can it restore old style tar+ext backups?

I don't think anything works *well* with rommanager and this doesn't work at all with rommanager for now. :D

Yeah, it can restore all previous CWM types of backups.

Guest shmizan

i assume this won't work with rommanager? can it restore old style tar+ext backups?

sej, I don't know what I have done with my rom manager settings but every version I install through recovery is recognized as 5.0.2.0 and every command works well.

I can upload the sdcard settings (this thing is still kept after wiping and rom switching so I'm pretty sure it's the sd card settings) if you'd like.

Guest targetbsp

I don't think anything works *well* with rommanager and this doesn't work at all with rommanager for now. :D

Yeah, it can restore all previous CWM types of backups.

I use it with Rom Manager... :D

Guest sej7278

sej, I don't know what I have done with my rom manager settings but every version I install through recovery is recognized as 5.0.2.0 and every command works well.

I can upload the sdcard settings (this thing is still kept after wiping and rom switching so I'm pretty sure it's the sd card settings) if you'd like.

yeah rommanager has never got the version correct for 3rd party cwm's (even the cwm-based 5504 from cyanogenmod) but i tried to use it for a backup and rommanager just hung there doing nothing. i'll try again later. loving touch though, especially as my volume buttons have just started getting a bit too sensitive and seem to double-click everything.

Guest Snap.IT

I use it with Rom Manager... :D

TBH i have never used Rom Manager since it completely bricked my old Galaxy 5.

I'll update my answer then, if it works... it works. :D

Guest targetbsp

The current version won't backup my Ext 4 partition? It's filled with apps from S2E on CM7

It says 'could not mount sd-ext. sd-ext backup may not be supported on this device'

I didn't get around to trying the previous, faster, test version. But the one immediately before it worked fine.

I used the flashable zip, am backing up in tar format (tried dupe and the same problem) and tried not using Rom Manager just in case!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Snap.IT

The current version won't backup my Ext 4 partition? It's filled with apps from S2E on CM7

It says 'could not mount sd-ext. sd-ext backup may not be supported on this device'

I didn't get around to trying the previous, faster, test version. But the one immediately before it worked fine.

I used the flashable zip, am backing up in tar format (tried dupe and the same problem) and tried not using Rom Manager just in case!

I just tested it myself and indeed, it can't mount ext4, i'll update the OP immediatly with the correct version.

24/18 - 12.38 fixed

Fixed.

Edited by Snap.IT

Guest sej7278

I just tested it myself and indeed, it can't mount ext4, i'll update the OP immediatly with the correct version.

24/18 - 12.38 fixed

Fixed.

the previous testing version backed up my ext4 partition (although thinking about it it was originally ext3, but i reformatted it so should be ext4 now).

can you maybe change the filenames a bit so we can tell which one has the fixes (e.g. a build number or date?)

oh and i just flashed the new recovery using rommanager fine

Edited by sej7278

Guest Snap.IT

the previous testing version backed up my ext4 partition (although thinking about it it was originally ext3, but i reformatted it so should be ext4 now).

can you maybe change the filenames a bit so we can tell which one has the fixes (e.g. a build number or date?)

oh and i just flashed the new recovery using rommanager fine

Problem was, the one that was up there for a short period of time was never supposed to be up there, this current one is the stable one. :D

It's well tested and does work.