[Recovery][Gen1/2/3 and Idea Blade] Fully working CWM 6.0.1.1 touch (stable) 6.0.1.5 (testing) [17/10]

Guest Snap.IT

Guest mitchde

I used the 6.0.11 a few (3) times to backup and restore after full wipes using CM9, different CM10 and back.

ALWAYS 100% errorfree restores - including my /ext . Thats so great!

Many thanks to the dev for that new+valide+easy to use CWM.

Q: If i use the newer test 6.0.12 , can i restore 6.0.11 backups with that or would it be better to backup first with 6.012 if thare are some major (not only speed tweaks) changes in the way of backup/restore to 6.0.11?

Guest sej7278

CWM can restore backups from older versions.

although CWM 5020 can't restore backups from CWM 6012 it seems, it had problems with .android_secure when I tried it, which is annoying as that's what the TPT's include.

So when TPT'ing make sure to have CWM6 on your sdcard to flash from CWM5, then you can restore your CWM6 backup.

Guest Snap.IT

although CWM 5020 can't restore backups from CWM 6012 it seems, it had problems with .android_secure when I tried it, which is annoying as that's what the TPT's include.

So when TPT'ing make sure to have CWM6 on your sdcard to flash from CWM5, then you can restore your CWM6 backup.

Or just replace the recovery.img in the tpt with the .img for this version.

Guest arpit22x

I have TPTed my phone with gen3-v2a with recovery 5.0.2.0........ After that when I am flashing touch recovery 6.0.1.1 via CWM recovery (from zip).....its going into the old recovery instead of new touch recovery after rebooting system.... why? Whats wrong with me?

Please answer.

After flashing the rom, was able to install.

Edited by arpit22x

Guest Snap.IT

the delay between menu pages is still significant

Strange thing is, i don't experience this at all. It's instantaneous on my device.

Can you plug it in and adb pull /tmp/recovery.log and attatch it to your post?

Guest Snap.IT

I have TPTed my phone with gen3-v2a with recovery 5.0.2.0........ After that when I am flashing touch recovery 6.0.1.1 via CWM recovery (from zip).....its going into the old recovery instead of new touch recovery after rebooting system.... why? Whats wrong with me?

Please answer.

After flashing the rom, was able to install.

The TPT you're using puts recovery in the boot partition so that when it boots up it's booting to recovery, when you install 6.0.1.1 it installs into the recovery partition, if you reboot and hold down vol- after the flash of 6.0.1.1 you'll arrive in the 6.0.1.1 recovery but if you just let it boot it will boot whatever is in the boot partition (which, before you flash a ROM, will be 5.0.2.0).

This is usually covered on the instructions on the page where you download the TPT.

Guest bladebuddy

First of all let me thank-you for bringing us this Snap.IT

However I am running into the same problem each time I use it.

MD5 sum matches download link and it flashed o.k over an older version of you're cwm recovery.

Each time I try to do a nandroid backup it keeps freezing at the same place " please see photo's.

My phone is a Gen1 tpt to Gen2 amold San Francisco.

Running SSRLS7.

Do you have any idea what's wrong I have deleted my old nandroid backups and the cwm folder but still at a loss as to what's wrong.

Any help appreciated.

post-955381-13467739034972_thumb.jpg

Guest bladebuddy

Just spotted my mistake I seem to have a different version on to the the one on page 1, checked the sum of the wrong file, noticed my error and flashed the version I should of done in the fireplace and I still have the same problem.

Do you think flashing an older version of cwm the reflashing this will work sorry for the messup.

Guest Snap.IT
Just spotted my mistake I seem to have a different version on to the the one on page 1, checked the sum of the wrong file, noticed my error and flashed the version I should of done in the fireplace and I still have the same problem.

Do you think flashing an older version of cwm the reflashing this will work sorry for the messup.

I can't reproduce the problem. Can you plug the phone to your computer and do an "adb pull /tmp/* ." and attatch the files to a post?

The way you install the recovery doesn't make any difference.

Edited by Snap.IT

@Snap.IT

One suggestion, is it possible to add an option like advanced backup where we can select what to backup. Might be helpful with your loop install project , as sometimes when switching to other rom it stuck on logo. So we have to restore from backup, instead we can only make backup of boot in place of full and only restore boot image and reboot into desired rom. Save SD space and less time consuming.

Just an idea and keep up the good work.

Edited by n1729

Guest Snap.IT

@Snap.IT

One suggestion, is it possible to add an option like advanced backup where we can select what to backup. Might be helpful with your loop install project , as sometimes when switching to other rom it stuck on logo. So we have to restore from backup, instead we can only make backup of boot in place of full and only restore boot image and reboot into desired rom. Save SD space and less time consuming.

Just an idea and keep up the good work.

I'll look into a solution for that when i get home in a few days.

This may not be related to cwm..

but why does cm7/gb roms stay too long in the splash screen than ics jb roms

it takes almost 10-15 secs

wheres in ics/jb its 2-5 sec and then moves to the boot animation

Guest targetbsp

Well, I've technically spent 36 hours trying to restore my sd-ext. :D Not this particular recoveries fault. I think there's something not quite right with CWM6 and sd ext and I'm still trying to narrow down what exactly. Maybe when moving certain things (app data or dalvik or something) and or having multiple different roms both using sd ext. Somewhere, something isn't quite right.

Switching to ext2 seemed to solve this. The problem seems to be restoring a CM10 backup with ext 4 to a previously used ext4 partition.

Restoring Cm7 and ext4 is fine

Restoring CM10 and ext2 is fine

Restoring CM10 and ext4 is fine only if you delete and remake the partition (format isn't enough!)

Guest rwalton159

Its been a while since I was in the forums and I am using Swedish Snow 2.3.5.

Is this worth putting on my blade and does youtube, camera and gps work ok?

Thank you

Richard

Guest targetbsp

This is a replacement recovery and won't have any effect with regards to what works and doesn't work in your rom.

As recoveries go - it's great. Whether it's worth putting on depends mostly on how often you use recovery i guess? if you don't frequently backup, restore or switch roms then it won't be of much interest to you.

Guest rwalton159

This is a replacement recovery and won't have any effect with regards to what works and doesn't work in your rom.

As recoveries go - it's great. Whether it's worth putting on depends mostly on how often you use recovery i guess? if you don't frequently backup, restore or switch roms then it won't be of much interest to you.

Thank you