[Recovery][Gen1/2/3 and Idea Blade] Fully working CWM 6.0.1.1 touch (stable) 6.0.1.5 (testing) [17/10]

Guest Snap.IT

Guest coolfox

I've downloaded recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.1-touch-blade-Snap.IT-20120830.img and flashed it through 5.x.x.x recovery on OSF2 UK ver. This now shows the green android and doesn't loads nor getting into recovery...What went wrong? How do I get back or flash another recovery version?

BTW MD5 checked and is ok.

It seems, you have flashed wrong version.

XXX.img files are for flashing by fastboot method

And XXX.zip files are for flashing from recovery like CWM.

You can see that in the link below. "flashable via recovery".

Now boot into OS install 5.x.x.x CWM from ROM Manager, boot into recovery and flash .zip file.

Fully working CWM 6.0.1.1

Works on Gen1/2/3 and on Chinese blades.

Flashable via recovery: recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.1-touch-blade-Snap.IT-20120830.zip

MD5: 864a6ed4e5fdd73101a17799cfada013

Guest Snap.IT

I've downloaded recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.1-touch-blade-Snap.IT-20120830.img and flashed it through 5.x.x.x recovery on OSF2 UK ver. This now shows the green android and doesn't loads nor getting into recovery...What went wrong? How do I get back or flash another recovery version?

BTW MD5 checked and is ok.

Why would you use a recovery made for the blade on a crescent?

Use one that is made for your phone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Snap.IT

can anyone remember how to turn on "fast mode", you know without the verbose progress indicators (showing each file being backed up)?

also there was a backup type setting somewhere - old tarball or new rsync/diff kind of method.

If you didn't use ROM Manager to disable it it should be enabled by default, if you did just fastboot flash it again to erase settings.

The version of backup is set under "backup/restore".

If you can hold on to tomorrow i'll post my 6.0.2.3 then with sideband loading as well as everything else working well. (with fast mode enabled for everything but sd-ext simply because i wanted to review how it was behaving)

Full backups are now accomplished in under two minutes with 1.5GB of data on a separate partition (use this option with care if you're running multiple loop roms, if you restore it for one it will be restored for ALL).

Guest sej7278

If you didn't use ROM Manager to disable it it should be enabled by default, if you did just fastboot flash it again to erase settings.

The version of backup is set under "backup/restore".

If you can hold on to tomorrow i'll post my 6.0.2.3 then with sideband loading as well as everything else working well. (with fast mode enabled for everything but sd-ext simply because i wanted to review how it was behaving)

Full backups are now accomplished in under two minutes with 1.5GB of data on a separate partition (use this option with care if you're running multiple loop roms, if you restore it for one it will be restored for ALL).

cheers. i found i had to touch /sdcard/clockworkmod/.hidenandroidprogress to get rid of the progressbar, and yeah i found the tar option which seems to just echo 'tar' > /sdcard/clockworkmod/.default_backup_format

looking forward to 6023, as i went back to 6012 after having problems with 6015. i tried konstat's 6014 but without touch it seems very pedestrian and my volume keys are a bit iffy these days and produce double-clicks sometimes.

p.s. sorry if i upset you on the 421 thread, i didn't mean to sound ungrateful to konstat, i guess i may have. no more posting after 2 bottles of bubbly.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Snap.IT

cheers. i found i had to touch /sdcard/clockworkmod/.hidenandroidprogress to get rid of the progressbar, and yeah i found the tar option which seems to just echo 'tar' > /sdcard/clockworkmod/.default_backup_format

looking forward to 6023, as i went back to 6012 after having problems with 6015. i tried konstat's 6014 but without touch it seems very pedestrian and my volume keys are a bit iffy these days and produce double-clicks sometimes.

p.s. sorry if i upset you on the 421 thread, i didn't mean to sound ungrateful to konstat, i guess i may have. no more posting after 2 bottles of bubbly.

There is still a problem, hopefully it will be fixed by next version. The kernel for JB clashes with the touch (it really requires a 3+ kernel) so while trying to fix that with patching the kernel itself i lost USB mounting somewhere along the way, probably about the same time i got sdcard, sd-ext mounting and full adb access working. :(

You weren't the only one who had a bit to drink and i was way out of line. My apologies for that.

Thing is, if i had noted that it was you who wrote it i probably wouldn't have responded like that anyway.

Regarding the recovery, it'll probably be a 6.0.2.5 release, at the moment it seems like the most promising to solve some of the issues i've been having.

So we finally get a working touch recovery

great work Snap.IT

waiting for the service center to give my damn phone back

its 48th day im w/o my blade

Here in portugal If the cellphone stays for more than 1 month repairing they have to give you a new one or your money back, check if your country has that in the constituition/law :D

• 3 weeks later...

There is still a problem, hopefully it will be fixed by next version. The kernel for JB clashes with the touch (it really requires a 3+ kernel) so while trying to fix that with patching the kernel itself i lost USB mounting somewhere along the way, probably about the same time i got sdcard, sd-ext mounting and full adb access working. :(

You weren't the only one who had a bit to drink and i was way out of line. My apologies for that.

Thing is, if i had noted that it was you who wrote it i probably wouldn't have responded like that anyway.

Regarding the recovery, it'll probably be a 6.0.2.5 release, at the moment it seems like the most promising to solve some of the issues i've been having.

not nagging buddy...

but any more progress update would be great

Edited by vNa5h

Guest elrond_bs

Snap.IT already said (here) that he retires from active developing for the Blade.

OFFTOPIC: vNa5h, please stop posting 2 or more consecutive posts everywhere, it is against the rules and very annoying!

Edited by elrond_bs

• 2 weeks later...

i have question. is it possible to change the keys binded for recovery to start?

now is power+volume down, but i broke my volume keys, and its impossible to repair, so can it be change in files for power+home or something like that? :D

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Snap.IT

can you port TRWP to our blade?

Thanks

That is extremely easy, anyone can do that.

Just setup the build, follow the instructions from TWRP and you're done, don't forget to include the graphics.c (or everything will be upside down).

I've got a new version of cwm touch for anyone willing to try 6.0.3.2, i made one for the Blade III since my son got one but i haven't released it yet.

I'm back for now, to develop the multiboot for Blade III and updating the CWM touch but other than that i really don't have much time, i've just finished rewriting half a kernel to make 7x30 chipsets run fine on 4.2.2 without any legacy code.

Guest Snap.IT

i have question. is it possible to change the keys binded for recovery to start?

now is power+volume down, but i broke my volume keys, and its impossible to repair, so can it be change in files for power+home or something like that? :D

No.

You'll have to reboot to recovery using the option in the rom, from terminal or from adb using your PC. The key bindings are in the APPSBL and while i could probably hex edit it and change it for you.... it's about a 90% chance that that phone will never boot again.

At all, ever in the history of mankind.

Guest Snap.IT

Guys why does the 6.0.1.2 cwm format sd-ext to ext2 ...

evrytime factory wipe is done...

is there any way to retain ext4

Because it's the best filesystem for flash memory you can use and if you're looking for speed, buy a new phone.

Guest peetu20

Hey Snap, nice to see you here, after a long time!

Are you really developing multiboot for Zte Blade III?? I own that device, and it would be extremely nice to get multiboot for Blade III :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Snap.IT
Hey Snap, nice to see you here, after a long time!

Are you really developing multiboot for Zte Blade III?? I own that device, and it would be extremely nice to get multiboot for Blade III :)

Yup, both multiboot and cwm touch.

For zte blade 3 and alcatel OT series.

Won't give an estimate though but i'll work on it when i get home.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ExCaL1BuR

Ei everyone i might found a working link of the 6.0.1.1 touch ...  I will try it out and if Works I post it....

Edited by ExCaL1BuR