Whoa, cm10 builds for our liquid?

Guest parvata

Guest parvata

well maybe....

Here is the deal I have taken the cm9 git repository from thepasto and then dropped the kernel, device/acer/salsa, vendor/acer/salsa and made some changes to cm10 and I was able to compile an image on cm10 for the liquid. I have flashed the image on to my liquid. Guess what happened.....:-) You want the good news or the bad news?

Well, the good news is I didn't brick my phone :-P and I was able to boot to the android shell. Now the bad news is that the UI did not come up. When I saw logcat I saw that there was a segfault in liblights. I did not have time to take a deeper look into this. I will when I have time but please all you guys don't keep your hopes up. Maybe some other dev can help me or I canhelp them. I did not contact thepasto for help yet because I wanted to take a initial look before seeking his help. Anyway here is what I did to compile the image. Let me know if I am doing something wrong or need any more infromation. Good luck to us!

# checkout cm10 JB

repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b jellybean

# compilation commandes

- copy device/acer/salsa, vendor/acer/salsa and the kernel from cm9

- run the get_GooMan.sh - obsolete, get from market. Change the shell to bash in the first line of this script

- ./vendor/cm/get-prebuilts

- . ./build/envsetup.sh && brunch salsa 2>&1 | tee ./build.log

#changes:

Added to frameworks/base/cmds/servicemanager/service_manager.c line 30.

{ AID_COMPASS, "yamaha.hardware.sensors" },

---

changed: frameworks/av/media/libmediaplayerservice/StagefrightRecorder.cpp line 1443

if (0 && mIsMetaDataStoredInVideoBuffers) {

---

changed: libstagefright//MPEG4Writer.cpp line 1983

if (!mIsAudio && 0) {

---

In /device_salsa.mk replace frameworks/base with frameworks/native

---

In device/acer/salsa/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml:88

changed config_networkLocationProvider to config_networkLocationProviderPackageName

In device/acer/salsa/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml:91

changed config_geocodeProvider to changed config_geocodeProviderPackageName

---

Got the msm_rotator.h from

http://code.google.c...erloin&name=ics

./bionic/libc/kernel/common/linux/msm_rotator.h

---

In device/acer/salsa/libaudio/AudioPolicyManager.cpp change return type for getDeviceForStrategy to audio_devices_t

and the declaration also to audio_devices_t.

---

Change all LOG* to ALOG* in libaudio as well as liblights

---

In

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/mdpWrapper.h: In function 'void overlay::mdp_wrapper::dump(char const*, const msm_rotator_data_info&)':

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/mdpWrapper.h:250:5: error: 'const struct msm_rotator_data_info' has no member named 'version_key'

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/mdpWrapper.h:254:28: error: 'const struct msm_rotator_data_info' has no member named 'src_chroma'

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/mdpWrapper.h:255:28:

Commented all these lines

---

Added to /device/acer/salsa/BoardConfig.mk

# disable errors from msm_rotator driver

QCOM_NO_SECURE_PLAYBACK := true

TARGET_NO_HW_VSYNC := true

Changed

BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x0c800000

to

BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x0ca00000

---

Comment lines 204, 205 in kernel/acer/salsa/include/linux/netfilter/x_tables.h

// const struct xt_match *match;

// const void *matchinfo;

---

ToDo:

Remove the definition in hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayRotator.cpp

#define QCOM_NO_SECURE_PLAYBACK 1

Remove in /device/acer/salsa/BoardConfig.mk

# disable errors from msm_rotator driver

QCOM_NO_SECURE_PLAYBACK := true ??

TARGET_NO_HW_VSYNC := true ??

---

Need to Check if these work:

- BT A2DP (music, ring while listening )

Thanks to thepasto for the personal chat over gtalk. Hoping to get more things to clarify in the coming future.

Edited by parvata

Guest Ma7moud

I wish i could help but i know nothing about playing with Android source code.

I would try to test if you reach alpha build, and would make it my main ROM if wifi, calling, data, and headset audio are working, and no more than 8 reboots per day :P i'm ok with any other bugs

Good luck :D

Guest lupohirp

I'm working on it but now i'm on holiday and i will return on sunday evening :) i've complied already auccesfully a alpha build but didn't have the time to test it

Guest parvata

Crash in liblights and can be fixed by removing the const in the declaration of the module properties in lights.c.

Thanks for the fix. Yes, I got this problem solved now. There were some other libraries that were missing from cm10. Made some progress today but still no UI yet.

@lupohirp may be we can collaborate our efforts to reduce redundancy?

Guest Borkata

parvata,

Have you git repo with the JB device tree. Maybe I can help. I have successfully ported sources for ICS to JB for another device.

BR,

Borkata

Guest parvata

parvata,

Have you git repo with the JB device tree. Maybe I can help. I have successfully ported sources for ICS to JB for another device.

BR,

Borkata

No, I do not have. I am using cm10 and thepasto's repository.

Guest parvata

if anybody could help me with gralloc, surfaceflinger and the hwcomposer that would be great. Below are two logs one from cm9 for liquid that boots with UI and the cm10 is the one that boots to android but does not show the UI. From comparing the logs the significant difference that I see is that in the cm10 looks like android's default gralloc module is loaded instead of the architecture specific driver. Maybe this is the reason I am not able to see the UI? Can anyone enlighten me how to choose the qcom gralloc module in cm10 or what I could be doing wrong so that I can bring up the UI? I think thepasto is very busy.

cm9 logs, https://sites.google.com/site/parvatarm/logcat/cm9.log?attredirects=0&d=1

cm10 logs, https://sites.google.com/site/parvatarm/logcat/cm10.log?attredirects=0&d=1

Thanks for any information.

Guest Ma7moud

from comparing the logs it looks to me like there is a file missing maybe?

E/HAL	 (  137): load: module=/system/lib/hw/hwcomposer.qsd8k.so

E/HAL	 (  137): Cannot load library: link_image[1916]:   137 could not load needed library 'libQcomUI.so' for 'hwcomposer.qsd8k.so' (load_library[1118]: Library 'libQcomUI.so' not found)

EDIT: I searched for a while and i found the same problem on an early test of JB on the HTC myTouch 4G, they managed to show the UI by disabling all forms of hardware acceleration in build.prop

and removing the board.platform line, but that caused the systemUI and launcher apps to crash on boot because they say JB doesn't support software acceleration

Edited by Ma7moud

Guest parvata

from comparing the logs it looks to me like there is a file missing maybe?

E/HAL	 (  137): load: module=/system/lib/hw/hwcomposer.qsd8k.so

E/HAL	 (  137): Cannot load library: link_image[1916]:   137 could not load needed library 'libQcomUI.so' for 'hwcomposer.qsd8k.so' (load_library[1118]: Library 'libQcomUI.so' not found)

EDIT: I searched for a while and i found the same problem on an early test of JB on the HTC myTouch 4G, they managed to show the UI by disabling all forms of hardware acceleration in build.prop

and removing the board.platform line, but that caused the systemUI and launcher apps to crash on boot because they say JB doesn't support software acceleration

I have tried using software acceleration and I get the same result. I think the problem that I have is even before that during framebuffer mem allocation. An incorrect gralloc driver is being called as you can see. I want to invoke the qsd8k version of the gralloc. Once I load the correct gralloc I can look into this failed message (although I know how to get rid of this message easily). Note tha Adreno the GPU provider for the liquid has released drivers for ICS and JB which has hardware acceleration. I see that thepasto has added these drivers for ICS in cm9. I just learned this yesterday. So, I think we may get HW accel. working on JB (fingers crossed).

Guest lupohirp

compiled and i have this problem when i flash in recovery:

symlink some symlinks failed status 7 in TWRP recovery.

had a sort of this error when i played with cm9 for p500...must wait that cyanogen update his sources...anyway for a temporary fix anyone can help me?

Edited by lupohirp

lupohirp

Very strange.I'm compiling cm10(not working build,black screen instead boot logo) but it is installed correctly

Edited by ugers

Guest parvata

compiled and i have this problem when i flash in recovery:

symlink some symlinks failed status 7 in TWRP recovery.

had a sort of this error when i played with cm9 for p500...must wait that cyanogen update his sources...anyway for a temporary fix anyone can help me?

lupohirp

Very strange.I'm compiling cm10(not working build,black screen instead boot logo) but it is installed correctly

Yes, I do not have any problem either. The same net affect as ugers though (boots to android fine without any UI).

However here is an update with my progress:

I have tried disabling hw acceleration and use software rendering but I could not boot the UI. So, currently playing with loading the hardware composer properly first.

I have downloaded the Adreno GPU drviers for JB from Qualcom Developer Network and I am using them in cm10. They have loaded successfully! I had to modify kgsl, genlock kernel driver code from the msm7x30 kernel code base though.

But the sad thing is the UI still does not show up. Will keep trying when time permits. Hope there is a more experienced developer to help us out.

Guest Ainillia

Yes, I do not have any problem either. The same net affect as ugers though (boots to android fine without any UI).

However here is an update with my progress:

I have tried disabling hw acceleration and use software rendering but I could not boot the UI. So, currently playing with loading the hardware composer properly first.

I have downloaded the Adreno GPU drviers for JB from Qualcom Developer Network and I am using them in cm10. They have loaded successfully! I had to modify kgsl, genlock kernel driver code from the msm7x30 kernel code base though.

But the sad thing is the UI still does not show up. Will keep trying when time permits. Hope there is a more experienced developer to help us out.

Put your sources on GitHub, for exemple, so everyone can propose a "push", or looking at the problems.

Guest lupohirp

lupohirp

which recovery are you using???i'm using TWRP recovery

so this is too strange...you are building on latest sources???

yes, i'm using last twrp and cm9 sources. Twrp 2.2.1 built me. I flash cm9,miuiv4, cm7 and i don't have any problems

Edited by ugers

And for cm10???i m wprkin on it

of course. oops i read new commit on github - twrp 2.2.1 not support Jellybean, but i compile cm10,evervolv 4.1 and flash them successfull. Today i update twrp sources and try again flash 4.1

Edited by ugers

Guest lupohirp

of course. oops i read new commit on github - twrp 2.2.1 not support Jellybean, but i compile cm10,evervolv 4.1 and flash them successfull. Today i update twrp sources and try again flash 4.1

ok thanks...can you upload image recovery also on goomanager?so it could be an easy install. i don't have the 2.2.1 bt the 2.1.8 so the problem i think is this...it will be very helpful :) in case of no...can you give me the recovery image??thanksss

ok thanks...can you upload image recovery also on goomanager?so it could be an easy install. i don't have the 2.2.1 bt the 2.1.8 so the problem i think is this...it will be very helpful :) in case of no...can you give me the recovery image??thanksss

i don't know how upload recovery in goo.im

add:

I compiling new twrp 2.2.1.5 and now i try flash 4.1

Edited by ugers