LED indicator or no LED indicator?

Guest originaliidea

Guest originaliidea

On the front of the phone to the right of the speaker there seems to be what looks like indiactor lights, yet the user guide has no mention of them and they don't seem to work? Anybody know

Guest krizalllid

Proximity and light sensors. Pretty standard fare for a smartphone. I've seen people mention here that with root you could get the capacitive buttons to flash when you get notifications but that hasn't happened yet unfortunately :/

Edited by krizalllid

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

have any of you tried this?

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1958939

I've tried it myself and I just can't get it to work, the app it self feels very much like a beta release and doesn't seem to like my phone when trying to browse for the correct file, etc. Have you had any luck? It's the only thing i'd like to work on my phone now.

Guest ColdEmbrace

Installed the app, made sure busybox was installed and it doesn't appear to search for the brightness file at all. Even when I select to manually search for the file.

Brightness appears to be at

/sys/class/leds/intel_keypad_led/brightness
or
/sys/class/backlight/psb-bl/backlight[/code]

A user in the forum suggested this path to test this.

[CODE]while :; do echo 1 > /path/to/brightness; done;[/code]

The lights do not come on when the screen is off with either line maybe I have the wrong file..

Edited by ColdEmbrace

Yeah, if you download v 1.3 it works the leds, but not when the screen is off. our kernel is limited. Oh well. Anyone know how to mood the kernel for this to work?