Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rico_89

[B882] MAC Address Kept Changing?

3 posts in this topic

Well I had an odd journey with my phone today, I decided to downgrade to gingerbread and then perform the OTA updates so I could be sure to have all the official upgrades installed.

Ok so I installed B882 from here: http://www.modaco.co...ms-from-huawei/ but when I tried to "connect" to my WiFi I found that my MAC address kept changing, making it impossible to connect and download the OTA updates.

Anyone with any solutions to this issue?

I eventually just reinstalled B926 and nandroid back up to B934, so I'm back to where I started with everything working.. thankfully pheeew. :mellow:

Strange. I used the same B882 update and then got OTA updates over wifi. My router has mac filtering enabled so the mac address must have stayed the same throughout as I had no connection issues.

No ideas on that one mate, sorry. :blink:

Strange. I used the same B882 update and then got OTA updates over wifi. My router has mac filtering enabled so the mac address must have stayed the same throughout as I had no connection issues.

No ideas on that one mate, sorry. :blink:

My router filters mac addresses too, that's how I figured out mine was changing. I think it may have had something to do with my IMEI being zero but I'm not sure.

Edited by Rico_89