[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Thanks for all those replys, I've decided I want this Jelly Bean on my G300! Just a quick question.. I'm on ICS 4.0.3, basband 2030, build C00B934. Am I good to go? Or shall I wait for further enhancements to this CM10? I'm in no rush.. I that helps.

I appreciate this rom is under development, curious...... is anyone using this as their daily rom yet?

I think the only reason why i didnt put this rom on is that thing with speakerphone while call... When Daz fixes this, i will install it instantly :D

Guest maritimesbob

I'm using it for my weekendly rom :P

Not bothered about camera and bluetooth so I won't miss those, otherwise how do you find it for every day use?

I too will be donating.

Guest bladebuddy

Had a look at this myself the other day loaded it instead of. Miui rom and nearly started a war about who was using who's kernel.

Sorry about that it was a mix of download blazer not working properly and me having a blond day after still not noticing my mistake when cyanogen mod boot animation was loading.

Well I was very impressed and believe it won't be long before I am £50 quid out of pocket. Cheers for what you're doing Dazzoz and well done so far.

Guest maritimesbob

Just installed it to play around for a few hours. So far so good, runs nice and smooth and being CM enjoy the fact themes can be easily installed.

Very impressed, thank you.

Guest PandaThing

Just wanted to say that this ROM is awesome. Will be switching to this as my daily as soon as Daz says its stable enough. it just has all those little things that were missing from the NZ OTA, like the lock screen shortcuts and built in notification toggle. Very impressed. :)

Edit: Was wondering, odes this ROM feature hardware acceleration? I forgot to check before i restored my moved in ICS ROM.

Edited by PandaThing

Guest Rattonboy

Just flashed this at costa and it is so smooth compared to the stock ICS ROM from Huawei. The only two small issues are the bluetooth the audio issue but i know it will be fixed soon, not wingeing by the way. I will continue to use it daily. Thanks so much for your hard work Dazzozo ;)

Edited by Rattonboy

Guest PandaThing

Wait, what exactly is the audio issue? My phone is my ipod, so audio is important...

Its the only thing that put me off going ahead and using this as my daily.

Oh, and when issues are fixed, can we do a simple update of do we have to flash an updated version of the rom?

Edited by PandaThing

Wait, what exactly is the audio issue? My phone is my ipod, so audio is important...

Its the only thing that put me off going ahead and using this as my daily.

Oh, and when issues are fixed, can we do a simple update of do we have to flash an updated version of the rom?

To the audio issue, basically there is an issue with the audio routing so all sound only plays through the loudspeaker..so you cant make calls without it being on loudspeaker and you cant use headphones.

and yes you can update to the latest version.

Edited by mack_

Guest PandaThing

To the audio issue, basically there is an issue with the audio routing so all sound only plays through the loudspeaker..so you cant make calls without it being on loudspeaker and you cant use headphones.

Ahh, so not a daily quite yet :( But you can do a simple ROM update :) that's good to know. Reflashing roms is a pain.

Actually, I know it may have been answered already, but does this ROM use hardwere accelerated UI? Because it seemed FAST.

Edited by PandaThing

Guest maritimesbob

Thanks for the info, aside from that the rom is great. Hopefully the audio issue will get fixed, and this will be my daily rom.

Anyone been running it constantly more than a few days seen any slow downs, random reboots, forced closes etc?

Ahh, so not a daily quite yet :( But you can do a simple ROM update :) that's good to know. Reflashing roms is a pain.

Actually, I know it may have been answered already, but does this ROM use hardwere accelerated UI? Because it seemed FAST.

oh no i think you got me wrong,you will have to re flash updates through CWM,but i thing Daz has managed to get v sync and project butter running pretty well on this..i know he did one of those things to make it so fast,not too sure which one...

Edited by mack_

Thanks for the info, aside from that the rom is great. Hopefully the audio issue will get fixed, and this will be my daily rom.

Anyone been running it constantly more than a few days seen any slow downs, random reboots, forced closes etc?

there probably has,ask around..i had it for a weekend but i had to go back to ics cause of the audio routing being a bit off

Not bothered about camera and bluetooth so I won't miss those, otherwise how do you find it for every day use?

I too will be donating.

It's nice and smooth, only issue is the audio routing. Phone calls are always on loudspeaker.