[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest fjpalacios

I hope he's compiling something or uploading, or else he owns some people a manicure (or a pedicure, idk how its called) xD

I hope so, yes. The next step is the phalanges. xD

Guest dragpyre

Happy post nr 1000 everyone!

Bahaha I think I beat you to it XD

Damn I hope you're kidding... xD

Gentoo is an operating system built on the Linux kernel. It was initially released by Daniel Robbins on March 31, 2002. The goal of Gentoo is to have an operating system that builds all programs from source, instead of having pre-built binary packages. While this does allow for advanced speed and customizability, it means that even the most basic components such as the kernel must be compiled from source. It is known through out the Linux community as being a very complex operating system because of its daunting install process. The default Gentoo install boots straight to a command prompt, from which the user must manually partition the disk, download a package known as a “Stage 3 tarball”, extract it, and build the system up by manually installing packages.

But yes I am xD

Edited by dragpyre

Guest jsevi83

4.1.2 is still being merged in to CM, so I'm currently holding off until then. Patience, everyone.

I have no idea how long this merge should take. Are we talking about hours, days, weeks...?

Guest SterLu

Bahaha I think I beat you to it XD

Gentoo is an operating system built on the Linux kernel. It was initially released by Daniel Robbins on March 31, 2002. The goal of Gentoo is to have an operating system that builds all programs from source, instead of having pre-built binary packages. While this does allow for advanced speed and customizability, it means that even the most basic components such as the kernel must be compiled from source. It is known through out the Linux community as being a very complex operating system because of its daunting install process. The default Gentoo install boots straight to a command prompt, from which the user must manually partition the disk, download a package known as a “Stage 3 tarball”, extract it, and build the system up by manually installing packages.

But yes I am xD

I was pretty sure gentoo was linux but what compiling takes a week? xD

I have no idea how long this merge should take. Are we talking about hours, days, weeks...?

People, let's wait 'till we get this version before we start asking about the next... xD

Guest fjpalacios

You forgot the most important thing: seconds! We all hope that no more than seconds! :P

Guest dragpyre

I was pretty sure gentoo was linux but what compiling takes a week? xD

People, let's wait 'till we get this version before we start asking about the next... xD

It doesn't actually take that long, it was an exaggeration. I tried installiong Gentoo on a spare hard drive. Its hard and takes a long time, having to do everything manually and from source. Crazy stuff.

ANYWAY, Gentoo, while being Linux like Android, is off topic. Just gotta wait for this midnight release and for Daz's github to crash. :3

Guest timfimjim

I would expect it to be no longer than a few hours, but I don't know when it started, I just know it's going on.

That's fine Dazzozo. Thank you for all the amazing work!!

I'm like a kid on christmas eve :D

Guest Archix

But yes I am xD

Whichever linux distribution he use, this must be compiled... It depends on his cpu. :)

Guest dragpyre

Whichever linux distribution he use, this must be compiled... It depends on his cpu.

I believe Daz uses a dual boot Win 8/Ubuntu, but he'll need to confirm that.

He has a Intel i7 2600K I believe.

Guest Archix

I hope so that he's cpu is i7. :) Will be much faster. :)

Guest Dazzozo

Yeah, chill out guys. Don't get worked up and expect something tonight. It would be pretty foolish of me to release tonight even if 4.1.2 was out -- I really need to sit down and test things. :P

Guest fjpalacios

SO TO EVERYONE PLANNING TO STAY UP AND JUST WATCH THE THREAD,GO TO SLEEP!!

why am i in caps?

I drank gallons of coffee to enjoy an evening deleting the letters of my F5 key. :D

Guest razzmataz1478

He uses the goo.im buildbot for releases and his computer for testing, I think.

Guest Colossae3.23

Yeah, chill out guys. Don't get worked up and expect something tonight. It would be pretty foolish of me to release tonight even if 4.1.2 was out -- I really need to sit down and test things. :P

Sincere thanks Daz, you sow, we reap. And thanks for your patience. BTW, when is last time you slept?