• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

1636 posts in this topic

Posted

I was.

Posted (edited)

Bryfly, are you using over clock kernel? Just thinking min CPU speed could be set too low so slow to wake up

Yes got it running 1.229ghz to 480 mhz, re installed rom over the top and it appears to be a lot better, only does it occasionally now, could it be that i have it set to high at 1.229 ghz

edit ... turned it back to 1008 ghz still got the same prob..

Edited by bryfly

Posted

Kang=unofficial build surely?

Posted

Min speed usually affects it but mine at 245.

Small amount of changes there Dazzozo given everything else you have changed previously.

Posted

Kang=unofficial build surely?

A kang is not necessarily an unofficial build, a kang is using someone else's stuff and hacking on it for your own purposes.

Posted

Why i can't listen music with handset?Pls help me.

Posted

I was referring to aokp which i presumed was like cm and miui. Probably way off mark though

Posted

I was referring to aokp which i presumed was like cm and miui. Probably way off mark though

It's basically... CM. :P

I still question why it exists, though it has been a while since I tried it. Of course I'll submit the device config to them at around the same time.

Posted

It's extremely like CM, although it has more features.. Not all of these features are better though, I prefer CM.. AOKP has an awful notification toggle, takes up so much room!

Posted

CM has definitely matured. I think AOKP seems to fill the gap it left.

Posted

I was thinking of your aokp for crescent which i really liked.

Reckon a jb miui would be nice to

This cm10 is shaping up to be something special.

Good work again fella

Posted

CM has definitely matured. I think AOKP seems to fill the gap it left.

Is there no aokp for jb?

Posted

Yeah that smile aint good ay:D

Posted

We can now (probably) safely move up to 3.0.21. We've got a newer dhd_4330.ko, and it might even work with the 3.0.31 kernel.

I have a feeling this is not a good thing..?

It is, it makes our touchscreen not crap

Posted

We can now (probably) safely move up to 3.0.21. We've got a newer dhd_4330.ko, and it might even work with the 3.0.31 kernel.

It is, it makes our touchscreen not crap

How? This ROM seems very complicated.

Posted

Cant wait for this to get through testing! on a unrelated topic, has anyone managed to find a way of getting facebook notifications working?

Posted

How? This ROM seems very complicated.

Because it's a dev thread?

Posted

Because it's a dev thread?

I understand that, it was more of a compliment to be honest. Oh well, I just wanted to know how the touch screen would be better,

but if it's not explainable, don't worry.

Posted

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Terminology

Kang The process of creating a code based off someone else's code or reapplying code that someone else created into your own code (e.g. git cherry-pick)

Give us a Kang Daz ;-p

Posted

I understand that, it was more of a compliment to be honest. Oh well, I just wanted to know how the touch screen would be better,

but if it's not explainable, don't worry.

The updated drivers were taken from a later kernel release for a different Huawei device. Huawei seem to keep support for all devices in their kernel, and for all we know, these updated drivers are in newer stock ROMs but there was no kernel source update provided.

We may have also fixed the Wi-Fi deadlock for the same reason -- newer kernel source for a different device.

Posted

its funny: in night you are much more active than during the day

Posted

That's pretty interesting. Does that mean the kernel could be slimmed down somewhat (by deleting all the drivers etc that aren't meant for that model)?

Posted

That's pretty interesting. Does that mean the kernel could be slimmed down somewhat (by deleting all the drivers etc that aren't meant for that model)?

Not really, just means we have more sources where to look for drivers and stuff. Only the needed stuff is compiled when building a kernel.