• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[DEV] Liquid Metal dev-team (for CM9)

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Guys, if we work together we can keep alive and updated our Metal. We are a great group of people, we have gained experience in porting and mod on Metal: let us join forces and complete the great work of Lens. If we work in groups seriously will end successfully CM9.

Complete the CM9 is the least we can do to thank Lens for his work.

I hope that my appeal will not be ignored.

Who is interested, write in this topic and presenting his skills.

I created google plus page for this project.

thanks to all :)

Posted

I don't know how to create any ROM, but I have experience on Linux (advanced user) and know a little of C++ (now, I am learning object-oriented programming).

I only need start with a Howto make a ROM manual ^_^

At least I can try a dev rom.

Posted

Look i'm up for this project, but unfortunately my computer takes way to long to compile. I am looking to upgrade my computer but not until I get a job, so there are a lot of constraints and will keep you posted if anything changes.

Posted (edited)

I'm not great at development (especially with hardware).

Though, if there is a way for you guys to be able to use the power of my PCs, let me know and i'll work on letting you guys compile on them :)

I'll run a VirtualBox Ubuntu on either or both of these PCs and allocate these resources to it (ONLY when you need to access and compile though as they aren't spare computers)

PC 1 Host:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (6 Cores @ 3.2Ghz)

Memory: 8Gb G.Skill DDR3 @ 2Ghz

PC 1 VirtualBox Allocation (What I can offer):

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (4 Cores @ 3.2Ghz)

Memory: 4Gb G.Skill DDR3 @ 2Ghz

PC 2 Host:

Processor: Intel Core i5 750 (4 Cores @ 3.8Ghz)

Memory: 8Gb Corsair Dominator @ 1.6Ghz

PC 2 VirtualBox Allocation (What I can offer):

Processor: Intel Core i5 750 (2 Cores @ 3.8Ghz)

Memory: 4Gb Corsair Dominator @ 1.6Ghz

This is subject to change as I am off to university very soon.

Edited by VJftw

Posted

I'm not great at development (especially with hardware).

Though, if there is a way for you guys to be able to use the power of my PCs, let me know and i'll work on letting you guys compile on them :)

I'll run a VirtualBox Ubuntu on either or both of these PCs and allocate these resources to it (ONLY when you need to access and compile though as they aren't spare computers)

PC 1 Host:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (6 Cores @ 3.2Ghz)

Memory: 8Gb G.Skill DDR3 @ 2Ghz

PC 1 VirtualBox Allocation (What I can offer):

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (4 Cores @ 3.2Ghz)

Memory: 4Gb G.Skill DDR3 @ 2Ghz

PC 2 Host:

Processor: Intel Core i5 750 (4 Cores @ 3.8Ghz)

Memory: 8Gb Corsair Dominator @ 1.6Ghz

PC 2 VirtualBox Allocation (What I can offer):

Processor: Intel Core i5 750 (2 Cores @ 3.8Ghz)

Memory: 4Gb Corsair Dominator @ 1.6Ghz

This is subject to change as I am off to university very soon.

I am interested, would you be able to private message me with details?

Posted

I'm in the same conditions of Vjftw so i can compile for someone else the source code (with a little tutorial). My PC:

AMD phenom II X6 1100T

12GB ram DDR3 @1600mhz

Ask for other details, good luck.

Posted (edited)

how interesting.. again dev contest.. when I asked in the past - nobody came..

ok, keep me informed about things you investigating, I'll point you if I know that moment. If not, we could just discuss.

Edited by Lens_flare

Posted

i'll figure out a way to set this sort of setup up next week hopefully. i'm very busy over the next few days i'm afraid

Posted (edited)

I expected more people :mellow:

Guys, the first thing to do is search the way to solve the problem camera and RIL. (and find GLOW ics)

@Lens_flare

When I say RILD I mean acer_ril libs :D

As for the camera I found at git an interesting commit. You say that it might be useful?

Edited by superandrex

Posted

I expected more people :mellow:

I'm following this thread but i'm not a dev. Anyway, if my Metal can help in testing keep me in touch ;) .

Posted

I know a little bit java (i'm learning fast but i have no experience because it is my firt language) and i cooked two rom (i haven't pubblished them because i had only added some program and changed the theme, i did this because i reset my phone very frequently and in this rom i had yet the program i need, because it's boring every time reinstall all the apps). If this can help i have a quiet good pc (i3 2.9 ghz, 6 gb ram) and maybe i can compile somethings, but how fabiorino i need some istructions.

Posted

I'm glad to do some testing as I have a Liquid and Liquid MT and can use the Liquid for a while during the testing phase of the MT. I'd lend computing power too but I doubt my Core duo 2ghz and 4gb ram would do much good. My laptop barely if ever is used. I just have no idea on how to do any compiling or anything at all. I just put Linux Mint on my laptop and jumped ship from Windows so I am already in a learning curve.

Posted (edited)

the first thing to do is search the way to solve the problem camera and RIL. (and find GLOW ics)

first and last.

When I say RILD I mean acer_ril libs :D

alright -__-

anyway it's useless to search similar libs because of baseband

As for the camera I found at git an interesting commit. You say that it might be useful?

if our device named acer saga or htc Liquid MT..

really, htc patches are mostly useless for us(and creating more problems than fixing), we need something, that works with ioctl and native_start_video maybe in huawei x5 source..

Edited by Lens_flare

Posted (edited)

the first thing to do is search the way to solve the problem camera and RIL. (and find GLOW ics)

And what for mobile data?

Edited by shakran

Posted

And what for mobile data?

it's hidden in word "RIL"

Posted

it's hidden in word "RIL"

Sorry, I'm too tired

Posted

Hey guy's :) LFDesigns will support you all at 100% if you need things, you can always ask ;)

Posted (edited)

first and last.

alright -__-

anyway it's useless to search similar libs because of baseband

if our device named acer saga or htc Liquid MT..

really, htc patches are mostly useless for us(and creating more problems than fixing), we need something, that works with ioctl and native_start_video maybe in huawei x5 source..

you're too serious :D

So here is the source of X5 (Aurora ICS). It seems that the camera is operating.

Edited by superandrex

Posted

you're too serious :D

hell, how are you going to overcome those if you are not serious? o_O

So here is the source of X5 (Aurora ICS). It seems that the camera is operating.

that's where I got our camera source :P

One might try to achieve aurora to boot.

Posted

I'm not so competent but my Metal is here for any type of test. :D

Posted

Guys, can you explain me, why do you need ics for Glow?

How can it help you?

Posted

Porting ics from Xperia Tipo? can it help?

Posted

Porting ics from Xperia Tipo? can it help?

sometimes it would be better to keep silence..

Posted

sometimes it would be better to keep silence..

sorry but the xperia have a similar processor and same ram...I thought it was possible...