[GUIDE] Upgrade and Downgrade the G300 between GB, ICS and JB with downloads.

Guest timethrow

Guest b4da55

am i correct pls

gb to b927

root install cmr

flash b934 repack

also can the android ics v1.0.1 zip be used instead of b927

not sure if this is right so any pointers would be appreciated

Guest timethrow

am i correct pls

gb to b927

root install cmr

flash b934 repack

also can the android ics v1.0.1 zip be used instead of b927

not sure if this is right so any pointers would be appreciated

Yep just follow the guide in the OP.

Go from GB to ICS (B926 or 7)

Then root and install CWM and Unlock Bootloader

Then run the B934 Flashable ROM

Then install Google Apps.

Done

Dont forget an IEMI Backup as well, If you follow steps 1,2,3,4 and 5 (method 2)and finally step 4 (again) you will be fine

The Android_ICS_v1.0.1.zip is a toolkit containing all the files you need for the Apps, Rooting, CWModing etc. You will need to also download the B934 Flashable ROM and the B926/7 ICS Firmware as well.

Guest wouterbeer

Hey guys, actually I'm already lurking around here for quite a while but didn't feel the need the use the forum yet. I decided to follow this guide. Checked my baseband, which was running 2.3.6 with baseband 109808. So I started. Everything went fine, I reached step 4 and installed everything in the right order (also all optional launchers). When booted and after setting up the phone, everything seemed working. I had service from my Dutch provider (yes I imported the phone for use here in Holland).

But then I was asked (when coming back from the settings screen to the home menu) which launcher to use, and I could chose between one called "2d Home" and another one. I choose the other (I guess it was GO Launcher?). But then suddenly I lost my service. I didn't know what was wrong and looked for my baseband version. It is also gone.

Now comes the speculation what I think that happened: I didn't yetenable this: Navigate to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources. The phone also gave the error I wasn't allowed to finish the installed of the launcher because I didn't check this. Right after I did check this box, it was already too late and now my service/baseband is lost.

Probably this is easy to solve but I've no clue at all, I'm new into all of this. Hope someone can help me out. Cheers.

Edit: maybe it is worth noting that I stopped following the guide after step 4 since I wanted to play with this ICS first before moving on to B934

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest droiddruid

I have had issues in the past with no service and running 'Fix Permissions' within ClockworkMod fixed it.

Dunno if you have ClockworkMod installed bit worth a try.

Guest timethrow

EDIT: Sorry did not see the above post for No3.

Try the following....

1. Battery Pull (Remove the battery for at least 3 seconds and then power on)

2. Flash the B934 ROM using CWM

3. Try the Fix Permissions in the CWM Menu (can not remember where it is.)

4. Wipe Everything use CWM and try installing stock GB and upgrade again like that and follow all instructions

The launcher shouldn't make any difference to that and neither should allowing the unknown sources in settings. Finally did you back the IEMI up and is ICS rooted, CWM installed and boot loader unlocked ??

Edited by timethrow

Guest timethrow

Yep boot into recovery.

CWM Main Menu > Advanced > Fix Permissions

Return to Main Menu and Reboot

Edited by timethrow

Guest wouterbeer

Tried this without flashing B934 (and got into recovery without the battery pull), fixed the permissions, rebooted, and... still have the same situation.

Guest wouterbeer

The launcher shouldn't make any difference to that and neither should allowing the unknown sources in settings. Finally did you back the IEMI up and is ICS rooted, CWM installed and boot loader unlocked ??

Got IMEI backed up, rooted, installed CWM and boot loader unlocked, all done by using your guide.

Guest timethrow

Tried this without flashing B934 (and got into recovery without the battery pull), fixed the permissions, rebooted, and... still have the same situation.

Then try the battery pull and if no luck try the B934 upgrade (Method 1) and finally if that does not work try restoring to stock GB and restarting the guide.

Guest wouterbeer

Then try the battery pull and if no luck try the B934 upgrade (Method 1) and finally if that does not work try restoring to stock GB and restarting the guide.

With battery pull it's not working either. Going to try to upgrade with method 1 to B934. Hope it works. Do you know if I have to install CWM afterwards again? (it's not clear in the guide)

Guest wouterbeer

One more question regarding the guide, when do you actually install/use ToolBox5iromV1.0.4.2.apk (or is this not neccesary once backed-up the IMEI)?

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest wouterbeer

WORKED! Thanks! Is it useful to also install the B934 vendor files? Because without this I already have the notification toggles...?

Also: gapps (like gmail, maps, locations, youtube) are all there, seems I don't need to follow and install the apks in red from step 4?

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest timethrow

WORKED! Thanks! Is it useful to also install the B934 vendor files? Because without this I already have the notification toggles...?

Also: gapps (like gmail, maps, locations, youtube) are all there, seems I don't need to follow and install the apks in red from step 4?

Regards to the GApps I think B934 does include them but am not sure. Glad you got it working. Vendor files are optional I am on B934 (From B927) and never added the vendor files for each off them and find it ok so its up to you. The steps in red in step 4 is for first use / installs as sometimes not everything is there, plus it doent hurt to get the latest stuff up there etc. and some of the things listed there aer not included in the ROMS / Firmware such as the SIM Tool Kit.

You only need to install that again A) if you want to?? or B) If you need to restore your IEMI number.

The reason why the CWM Reinstall is not clear in the guide is because im not sure if you do need to reinstall again. I know you will need to Re Root and Re Unlock the Boot Loader but am not sure with CWM. So will look into it.

Thanks

Guest timethrow

Am I right in thinking that the vendor files are only needed when flashing through Cwm and with the dload way they're already there?

Nope, The vendor files are supposed to flashed everytime you use the update firmware, How ever it is optional really as they only ever add a few extra bits.

Guest 1stdayonthejob

new android user here

I've done up to step 2 in the guide and now want to upgrade to ICS. There's a few things I'd like to ask

- are there any differences between b926 and b927 other than the vendor stuff?

- would it be possible to use the internal phone storage by placing the rom there to do the update? I don't have an microsd handy at the moment

- would there still be any carrier specific bloatware when I upgrade to ICS?

Edited by 1stdayonthejob

Guest stokietom

I'm stuck on the early steps. I've installed the ADB Drivers but when I try to run install-superrecovery-windows bat it just sticks on waiting for device.

Any help please?

Guest Dmullar

Great guide, just have one newbie question.

I've flashed Infusion successfully, the guide says to follow everything in step 4 once I've done this, but I thought that infusion would already be rooted?

Guest stokietom

I'm stuck on the early steps. I've installed the ADB Drivers but when I try to run install-superrecovery-windows bat it just sticks on waiting for device.

Any help please?

Can someone help me here please, desperate to get a custom ROM on.

Cheers

Guest timethrow

Any help please?

Uninstall and Reinstall the ADB Drivers ?? Is USB Debugging enabled ? Try toggling the USB Debigging Option On and Off !! Patience is Key.

new android user here

I've done up to step 2 in the guide and now want to upgrade to ICS. There's a few things I'd like to ask

- are there any differences between b926 and b927 other than the vendor stuff?

- would it be possible to use the internal phone storage by placing the rom there to do the update? I don't have an microsd handy at the moment

- would there still be any carrier specific bloatware when I upgrade to ICS?

The main diifrences between the ones are. B926 is Chinese and B927 is English (UK) so there will be a few differences like that through out. However they are both just as good as one another. Nope it does not work on the internal one. Goes to a Pink Screen, SD Card is needed. Nope there should be no bloatware (Dont know if the vendor files installs any bloatware though)

Great guide, just have one newbie question.

I've flashed Infusion successfully, the guide says to follow everything in step 4 once I've done this, but I thought that infusion would already be rooted?

Some ROM's do come Pre Rooted but few do so top be sure I added that. It doesn't hurt to do it twice if it is. But if you dont want to just skip it.

Guest 1stdayonthejob

The main diifrences between the ones are. B926 is Chinese and B927 is English (UK) so there will be a few differences like that through out. However they are both just as good as one another. Nope it does not work on the internal one. Goes to a Pink Screen, SD Card is needed. Nope there should be no bloatware (Dont know if the vendor files installs any bloatware though)

so other than language there's no difference in terms of bug fixes etc? I can read both so the language isn't an issue