[GUIDE] Upgrade and Downgrade the G300 between GB, ICS and JB with downloads.

Guest timethrow

Guest Bimbleuk

For the batch file errors such as "waiting for device" check you are running the .bat with administrator priviliges or run the file in a command promt with raised priviliges i.e. right click on the command promt icon and select run as administrator

I had failed errors on the B927 & B934 ROMs but no idea why as the B926 ROM did install OK.

So I'm currently at ICS B926 and all working fine and I'd rather update via the software menu option than force an update via CWM so any imput on that would be appeciated.

Guest timethrow

so other than language there's no difference in terms of bug fixes etc? I can read both so the language isn't an issue

A few minor fixes etc and updates as well as diffrent vendor files, The launague will not be a problem as B926 will install as English (UK or US) Anyway dependent on your phone's settings

Now I keep getting update failed...

when i did the software update it said failed any ideas why

What OS is your computer on, Have you followed EVERYTHING in the guide up until now?? What firmware are you upgrading from and to. What happens when it says it fails what is going on, on the screen (Pink Screen ??? Progress Bar ??? Error Messages ???) Finally what part of the instructions are you up to.

For the batch file errors such as "waiting for device" check you are running the .bat with administrator priviliges or run the file in a command promt with raised priviliges i.e. right click on the command promt icon and select run as administrator

I had failed errors on the B927 & B934 ROMs but no idea why as the B926 ROM did install OK.

So I'm currently at ICS B926 and all working fine and I'd rather update via the software menu option than force an update via CWM so any imput on that would be appeciated.

Yep, It is an idea to run as Administrator so that it will work. (That is up in my guide somewhere) So thanks for reminding everyone !! If you are stuck on B926 try the dload method to install B927 or B934 as once you have ICS on your device the version you try to install (So long as it has the "2030" Baseband) should make no difference. Alternatively you could flash the B934 ROM in CWM as it is safe and does work. However it is up to you

Guest emu123

hi

i tried to put the vendor files on earlier

at the mo i have cwm installed with the 934 zip file

when i put the dload and vendor folder on the sd card it starts to flash then just hangs at about 3rd of the way through

also i cant seem to flash any other firmware using the upgrade from sd while the phone is booted or using the forced upgrade

i have an imei backup but seem to be stuck with either using the infusion rom or the 934 zip

nothing else seems to flash

bit worried if i need to return to stock now as it seems i cant

Guest voyager33

A few minor fixes etc and updates as well as diffrent vendor files, The launague will not be a problem as B926 will install as English (UK or US) Anyway dependent on your phone's settings

What OS is your computer on, Have you followed EVERYTHING in the guide up until now?? What firmware are you upgrading from and to. What happens when it says it fails what is going on, on the screen (Pink Screen ??? Progress Bar ??? Error Messages ???) Finally what part of the instructions are you up to.

Yep, It is an idea to run as Administrator so that it will work. (That is up in my guide somewhere) So thanks for reminding everyone !! If you are stuck on B926 try the dload method to install B927 or B934 as once you have ICS on your device the version you try to install (So long as it has the "2030" Baseband) should make no difference. Alternatively you could flash the B934 ROM in CWM as it is safe and does work. However it is up to you

i am upgrading from gb to ics and i followed all the steps and it come with an error message when it trys to install

Guest 1stdayonthejob

i am upgrading from gb to ics and i followed all the steps and it come with an error message when it trys to install

I've also had problems updating to b927 from rooted b892. It just gave me 'Update Failed' error. I updated to b926 no problem.

I rooted my device when I was in b892 on linux if that's any help.

Guest JackofHearts

Guys can I get some help here? My device is Android Version 2.3.6 with baseband version 109808 and build number U8815V100ROO1C185B894. I followed the whole guide but when I try to install the ICS in the storage, software upgrade I get a " Update failed" in step 2/2. I tried both the chinese B926 and the UK release B934, but both keep giving me update fails. Any help or ideas?

Guest timethrow

hi

i tried to put the vendor files on earlier

at the mo i have cwm installed with the 934 zip file

when i put the dload and vendor folder on the sd card it starts to flash then just hangs at about 3rd of the way through

also i cant seem to flash any other firmware using the upgrade from sd while the phone is booted or using the forced upgrade

i have an imei backup but seem to be stuck with either using the infusion rom or the 934 zip

nothing else seems to flash

bit worried if i need to return to stock now as it seems i cant

Ok Try this tool / guide (Will write my own soon) It should work.

Ok Try this tool / guide (Will write my own soon) It should work. What you upgrading from and two (versions) with ICS try both B926 and B927 also try another SDCard as well.

I've also had problems updating to b927 from rooted b892. It just gave me 'Update Failed' error. I updated to b926 no problem.

I rooted my device when I was in b892 on linux if that's any help.

Try rooting again on the off chance and follow the above advice.

Guys can I get some help here? My device is Android Version 2.3.6 with baseband version 109808 and build number U8815V100ROO1C185B894. I followed the whole guide but when I try to install the ICS in the storage, software upgrade I get a " Update failed" in step 2/2. I tried both the chinese B926 and the UK release B934, but both keep giving me update fails. Any help or ideas?

Try B927, Then try another SDCard, Keep trying otherwise follow the above advice.

To all concerned what size SDCard are you using, Did you follow EVERYTHING, Did you remove the battery for at least 3 seconds, Finally did you try both B926 and B927

Guest timethrow

hi timethrow that tool stops at the 70 percent like it says in the thread

i also tried this https://docs.google....QHNo/edit?pli=1

but i get the pink bar that starts to flash across the screen then it just stalls for hours

No. If you read what he has wrote he says for him !! It does work on some devices so it is worth a try and if the IEMI method has failed then you may be in real trouble.

Like I said what size SDCard are you using and try a diffrent one of you can. Is the SD formatted to FAT32 ??

Guest JackofHearts

Try B927, Then try another SDCard, Keep trying otherwise follow the above advice.

To all concerned what size SDCard are you using, Did you follow EVERYTHING, Did you remove the battery for at least 3 seconds, Finally did you try both B926 and B927

My SDcard is 4GB and I tried B926 and B934, but not B927. I'll try it now and I'll tell if it worked. Thanks! :)

Guest jm_rave

toggles missing after installing B934 ICS

Can I use Vendor update over B934-ROM-REPACK.zip?

I found somewhere not possible...anyone knowes why?

Thanks

Guest timethrow

To all you who have recived the Update Failed error follow Step 8 and when it says to pick the GB firmware you want select ANY firmware you want e.g. B926 or B927 or B934 !!

Let us know how you get on.

Guest lobespear

i would like to suggest some possible improvements to Step 2 of the Guide (Rooting GB and Backing up your IEMI). these might be addressed somewhere else in the guide, but i expect other newbie users (like me) to be confused at these points, so some clarification at these point (in the guide itself, not just replying to this post) would be helpful:

"•Now connect your Phone via USB to your PC, Install the ADB Drivers (Goto My Computer, Find the mounted CD and browse to Drivers > ADB and run the setup file from there)"

- just connect via USB? do we need to press the "use USB file transfer" button that will appear on the phone or not?

"•We now need to put the phone into "Bootloader mode" Do this by Powering Off the Phone, Removing the battery for at least 3 seconds and then Powering the phone on HOLDING the Volume DOWN button and pressing the power button."

- do this with the USB cable still plugged in to the PC or not?

"•Once you have returned to the home screen connect the USB cable and transfer the "apk" (ToolBox5iromV1.0.4.2.apk) in the folder we extracted earlier, to the SD Card, To do connect the USB cable to the PC and set USB Storage to on and copy and paste the file to the root of the SD Card."

- okay so this means at some point earlier the USB cable should be unplugged but its never explained when or where?

- please explain which directory is the "root" of the SD card? as normally "/" is root, but i dont think that's the case for android SD cards.

Guest timethrow

i would like to suggest some possible improvements to Step 2 of the Guide (Rooting GB and Backing up your IEMI). these might be addressed somewhere else in the guide, but i expect other newbie users (like me) to be confused at these points, so some clarification at these point (in the guide itself, not just replying to this post) would be helpful:

"•Now connect your Phone via USB to your PC, Install the ADB Drivers (Goto My Computer, Find the mounted CD and browse to Drivers > ADB and run the setup file from there)"

- just connect via USB? do we need to press the "use USB file transfer" button that will appear on the phone or not?

"•We now need to put the phone into "Bootloader mode" Do this by Powering Off the Phone, Removing the battery for at least 3 seconds and then Powering the phone on HOLDING the Volume DOWN button and pressing the power button."

- do this with the USB cable still plugged in to the PC or not?

"•Once you have returned to the home screen connect the USB cable and transfer the "apk" (ToolBox5iromV1.0.4.2.apk) in the folder we extracted earlier, to the SD Card, To do connect the USB cable to the PC and set USB Storage to on and copy and paste the file to the root of the SD Card."

- okay so this means at some point earlier the USB cable should be unplugged but its never explained when or where?

- please explain which directory is the "root" of the SD card? as normally "/" is root, but i dont think that's the case for android SD cards.

Thanks for pointing these out, I will adapt the guide later as at the moment I am at work on my iPad so I don't have time but some of the points here are clarified in the guide and or are "common sense" but never the less I will make some changes soon!

As for others thanks for saying this is good enough to be pinned it is appreciated ! I have already started work on v2 of the guide for when the official UK ICS for Vodafone comes out via OTA!! So if a Mod or Admin would like to pin this then please feel free!

On a side note how are people enjoying the new GB, ICS and JB roms ?. I downgraded to GB last night to check my guide and I forgot how different it is !

Hi everyone

i upgraded my g300 by installing superrecovery > then rom B926>unlockbootloader.EXE ( root and unlockbootloader) >B926 vendor update.app > B927 > finally flashed by B934 repack.zip,( not sure should i update original B934 vendor.app after flash?? ) and all seems working ok just getting some error message : ( unfortunately contacts has stopped )

any idea how to fix it

thanks

wald