[GUIDE] Upgrade and Downgrade the G300 between GB, ICS and JB with downloads.

Guest timethrow

Guest jsevi83

Hi, I've been reading this topic and some others for hours and still cannot find a solution. I bought the G300 two weeks ago, rooted it and installed recovery. Also did IMEI backup and stock rom backup. After that I installed AtomicMod, and later I installed lishuo-B897, but I wasn't happy with it so I restored my backup and then I installed a B894 rom I found. All that I did without problems and used the B894 for a week.

Now I wanted to update to B926 so I followed the instructions on this guide, but the update process stops right after unpacking and I get "update error". I tried several times, always with the same result, so I tried to restore my stock backup. After reboot the phone would stay in the boot logo, and then go to recovery with a message saying there was some error with a command. I wiped data and cache, removed the battery and then it finally booted. The weird thing is that after the restore I don't have the original boot logo and animated splash screen, so something is not right. The vendor package is missing, as I don't see the toggles in the notification area. What should I do? Is there any thread I am missing? Any help is much appreciated.

Hi, I've been reading this topic and some others for hours and still cannot find a solution. I bought the G300 two weeks ago, rooted it and installed recovery. Also did IMEI backup and stock rom backup. After that I installed AtomicMod, and later I installed lishuo-B897, but I wasn't happy with it so I restored my backup and then I installed a B894 rom I found. All that I did without problems and used the B894 for a week.

Now I wanted to update to B926 so I followed the instructions on this guide, but the update process stops right after unpacking and I get "update error". I tried several times, always with the same result, so I tried to restore my stock backup. After reboot the phone would stay in the boot logo, and then go to recovery with a message saying there was some error with a command. I wiped data and cache, removed the battery and then it finally booted. The weird thing is that after the restore I don't have the original boot logo and animated splash screen, so something is not right. The vendor package is missing, as I don't see the toggles in the notification area. What should I do? Is there any thread I am missing? Any help is much appreciated.

Look for upgrade downgrade tool, also known as the middle package on herr and try that

Guest jsevi83

Great, thanks, I just solved it! Maybe it should be in the guide that users upgrading from GB to ICS that have the message "update failed" should use that middle package. Now I'm going to see if I can install B936 after B926!

Guest Simon O

Several people have suggested this thread to be pinned as it's so damn useful and I agree. The guide is very well written and extremely useful for both new and old users so I've pinned it.

Guest timethrow

Thanks to you all for the support and thanks to @fibblesan for pinning this thread it is much appreciated.

As an update, I have been very busy this past week (as I work alot of shifts that i dont know until 48 hours before) and so this week (Tuesday or Wednesday now) I will be working on updating all the toolkits and publishing a more clear guide on the Updated Failed error as the FAQ article on it seems to go un-noticed or misunderstood. and further to that will add information and links for the new B936 firmware that has been released. (Not that there is much anyway)

Thanks

Guest Dellboy2012

Thanks for this great guide. Just rooted my phone on 936 for the first time and installed CWM. All by the book and went well.

One addition. No need to open phone and remove battery for CWM mode if you untick fastboot option in system settings.

Edited by Dellboy2012

Guest tattiemunch

I'm trying to downgrade from ICS infusion to GB so i can unlock my phone, I was hoping to downgrade to a Stock ICS but couldnt get anything to work so i'm no resigned to going through the steps to downgrade to GB as per section 6...it says at the start you should back up your IEMI number and to follow the steps so you IEMI number should read "0".............my IEMI number is backed up but does not read zero just the same long number as before.

Can I proceed to the cache partition wipe part or does the number need to read "0" ?

Guest droiddruid

I think your making things far more complicated than they need be.

Nandroid backup current rom.

Install a stock ICS rom via CWM just like you installed infusion. They are many threads floating around showing how to do this

Unlock phone.

Restore Nandroid backup.

Job done.

If your struggling doing this then do you really want to go messing with 5irom?

Edited by droiddruid

Guest tattiemunch

I've tried installing B926 and B940 via CWM and neither work, i tried a factory wipe reset etc still nothing except afterwards the phone wouldnt boot up at all so I took out the SD card and put the latest infusion zip on there and applied that which worked fine.

I still have no clue why Stock Roms wont work

Guest Ru Pa Aung

I'm at B934 general version. it's not continue from bootloadder after factory reset. so i reflash the B934 general version. but fail..

Please help me. now i have no idea.

Guest timethrow

I'm at B934 general version. it's not continue from bootloadder after factory reset. so i reflash the B934 general version. but fail..

Please help me. now i have no idea.

Can you explain the problem a bit more and in more detail as to what you have done and what is happening / what works.

Thanks

Guest Ru Pa Aung

I have updated my phone firmware to B940 after that i don't like that version because it has no toggle setting for wifi, bluetooh, etc.

so i used 5irom and downgrade to B934 version after that i run the B927 vendor file, root it using unlockbootloader and restore my IMEI backup which i created in B927.

after finish those process, i delete some language pack using titanium backup. when i deleting those language pack, some messages are prompt like Phone app and messaging app are unexpectedly stop.

so i stop the deleting and reboot my phone but still prompts those messages after reboot. My biggest mistake is reboot and reset it to factory setting by stock recovery after that it can not be continue from second huawei logo. i try to reflash all version of update.app file but it also fail. now it's in bootloader lock.

it's also unable to flash any rom and recovery via fast boot. Please let me know if you have any idea for highly appreciate.

Thanks a lot.

Guest Amendoim69

Good evening,

I have a serious problem, while reading this tutorial I made a small mistake, and try to downgrade ICS gigerbread, made ​​the mistake of downloading the "Gingerbread (Upgrade and Downgrade) Toolkit (v1.0.1a - 19,092,012)" and replace the imei that there was 5imei folder .. but did restore what was the problem? the reboot, the mobile phone becomes unbootable and in CWM saying "E: \ invalid command argument" .. people i know I was wrong, but I can not have been without cellphone: (

please help, thank you

PS: I've tried reinstalling the ROM infusion again, but without success

Guest timethrow

Good evening,

I have a serious problem, while reading this tutorial I made a small mistake, and try to downgrade ICS gigerbread, made ​​the mistake of downloading the "Gingerbread (Upgrade and Downgrade) Toolkit (v1.0.1a - 19,092,012)" and replace the imei that there was 5imei folder .. but did restore what was the problem? the reboot, the mobile phone becomes unbootable and in CWM saying "E: \ invalid command argument" .. people i know I was wrong, but I can not have been without cellphone: (

please help, thank you

PS: I've tried reinstalling the ROM infusion again, but without success

Yer there is a FAQ on that somewhere, You will need to carry on with the guide as mentioned above and install a FULL firmware, (A ROM does not install stuff like the baseband wich is now needed due to the IEMI being zeroed. Download a fill firmware zip file for GB or ICS (GB try B892, ICS try B926 or B934)

Hope that helps

Guest timethrow

Did you restore cwm? You shouldn't. It needs the stock recovery while restoring.

Yes it does need stock recovery, but it still works with CWM on there but it just comes up with the above error. When you flash a firmware after that it shows the IEMI as Zero.

Yes it does need stock recovery, but it still works with CWM on there but it just comes up with the above error. When you flash a firmware after that it shows the IEMI as Zero.

I installed cwm when imei was 0 then tried to restore imei. It kept giving the error mentioned. I'm still thinking that to restore original imei you'll need stock recovery installed. Worked fine when I fastboot flashed a stock recovery. Correct me if I'm wrong though;-)

Guest Amendoim69

Yer there is a FAQ on that somewhere, You will need to carry on with the guide as mentioned above and install a FULL firmware, (A ROM does not install stuff like the baseband wich is now needed due to the IEMI being zeroed. Download a fill firmware zip file for GB or ICS (GB try B892, ICS try B926 or B934)

Hope that helps

Thank you, from the very depths of my heart: p

I could just reinstalling the original firmware, ICS 934!

hug

Hello,

I'm relatively new to this, but I sucessfully updated my G300 to B940. Everthing seems to work fine, apart from one crucial thing which is that I can't connect to my mobile operator (3 in the UK). I get a list of available networks but it's very different from the one I get on my other phone and the standard 3 connection isn't there. Have I made some kind of newbie mistake and installed an OS that thinks it lives somwhere else? Is there a way round it without downgrading etc.?

Hello,

I'm relatively new to this, but I sucessfully updated my G300 to B940. Everthing seems to work fine, apart from one crucial thing which is that I can't connect to my mobile operator (3 in the UK). I get a list of available networks but it's very different from the one I get on my other phone and the standard 3 connection isn't there. Have I made some kind of newbie mistake and installed an OS that thinks it lives somwhere else? Is there a way round it without downgrading etc.?

Try http://ask3.three.co.uk/srvs/cgi-bin/webisapi.dll/,/?new,kb=mobile,ts=mobile,t=casedoc.tem,case=obj%281213%29,varset_username=Mobile:mobileUser

Guest timethrow

Hello,

Just checking but is it definitely unlocked ??

Thanks for the tip. Interstingly the problem resolved itself by the simple expeident of turning off the phone, taking out the battery and sim card and putting it all togheter again. Glad to have that sorted.

And yes, it was unlocked.

Edited by anderso

Guest James Blond

Thank you timethrow for a great post. I managed to install version b934 on my G300. Still I got into some problems at first.

In Section 4, after installing a ROM you say that we should "Wipe Cache Partition" and then "Wipe Data / Factory Reset" before and after installing the Gapps and the other files. If I did it like that, after reboot the device didn't recognize the SIM card so I had no network, I got a pop-up saying that the messaging service has crashed and if I checked the IMEI I had no number at all. I tried it once again this time without "Wipe Cache Partition" and "Wipe Data / Factory Reset". This time everything is OK. Which method is the correct one?

Also in section 6: after the IMEI is changed to "0" and the stock GB is installed you say that the IMEI has to be restored, but you forgot to mention that the folder 5irom, with the original IMEI, has to replace the 5irom that has the "0" IMEI (at this step the folder 5irom is the one with the "0" IMEI) on the SD card and internal card. Maybe it would be good to add this for the less experienced persons, like me. :)

Another question is also for section 6: after installing the stock GB and restoring the IMEI, you say to reboot in CWM and once again "Wipe Cache Partition", "Wipe Data / Factory Reset" and some Advanced stuff also. As I said before after "Wipe Cache Partition" and "Wipe Data / Factory Reset" in B934 I could not use the phone. So this last "Wipe Cache Partition", "Wipe Data / Factory Reset", etc is correct?

You said that is important to have all the Vodafone - Add Ons still installed as without them the OTA Upgrade WILL fail. Form where can I get all the Vodafone add-ons?

Last question: If I want to return to the original Vodafone B892, I had on the phone, how can I unroot the device and uninstall CWM?

Thank you in advance.