[GUIDE] Upgrade and Downgrade the G300 between GB, ICS and JB with downloads.

Guest timethrow

Hmmm... I would have tried that if I backed up the original rom (doh!).

Managed to figure it out now. Just needed to flash a the update.app (see http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/check-and-update-your-baseband/ trouble shooting) and retry. I'm seriously impressed by this device, for the cash (£80 practically new on ebay) it's an absolute steal!

Hmmm... I would have tried that if I backed up the original rom (doh!).

Managed to figure it out now. Just needed to flash a the update.app (see http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/check-and-update-your-baseband/ trouble shooting) and retry. I'm seriously impressed by this device, for the cash (£80 practically new on ebay) it's an absolute steal!

Thats what i meant:D

Guest firefox3

Hello

I have a big problem with my phone. About two months ago I dropped a little louder and then windows fails to detect the phone, probably due to damage to the Mini USB port or motherboard. The good thing is that at the time the phone was already rooted and CWM installed. Last week I wanted to downgrade but now I have two problems :

- my IMEI is zero and I can't restore it because I do not have root

- I can not root the phone because I can't use the USB cable

I searched everything I could find on Google, but I could not find anyone to be successful root the G300 without usb cable. If anyone can help me, I want to know if I have any hope for:

1. root the phone without usb cable;

2. IMEI restore the phone (without root) to use it even even without root privileges

Thank you!

Guest ianduffy

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if somebody can help me. I tried restoring the zeroed IMEI but now my phone is in a constant reboot loop to CWM with an error about invalid arguments.

I have tried removing the battery for 30 seconds, clearing cache, data/factory reset etc. but nothing seems to fix it.

Any advice?

I just installed B926 over stock vodafone Gingerbread firmware, now im struggling to upgrade the firmware but before i couldnt root or do anything other than reinstall B926 but i somehow i managed to get it to get it all working again and just stuck trying to update as middle update didnt work.

Baseband is 2030

Kernal version

3.0.8-perf-00158-g222d0d1 android@localhost#1

Version 4.0.3

Build number

U8818V100R100R001C17B926

Edited by Adrn

Guest agent_0013

Hello everyone. Cant update the baseband version to 2030.

What I have:

Model U8815

Running 2.3.6 GB

Rom version B885

Baseband version: 109808

What I've tried:

Copy dload folder with update.app to sdcard (middle package folder from ICS update toolkit) to SDcard, then storage - software update. Says completed, but BB version is still 109808.

Copy dload folder with update.app to internal memory and Vol Up + Vol Down. Also says update succesfull, but after booting shows BB is still 109808.

Redownloaded toolkit and tryied same again - same reaction, says update ok, but BB is not updated.

Downloaded middle package from other place (link on the bottom of guide) - exactly the same reaction.

What am I doing wrong? I just want to install ICS B934 (worldwide version without operator content, cos I live in Lithuania, and we do not have vodafone operator here).

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you.

P.S. Sorry for my english.

Guest emyjojo

The middle package doesn't change your baseband. It makes the phone ready to install a ROM with different baseband. If the flashing of the middle package was succesful, you can proceed to flashing the b934 version. :)

Guest Chillimonster

Ok, have read, re-read, and am still none the wiser!

Am currently on B944 ICS (official Voda Zip repack installed by CWM) and want to revert back to Gingerbread.

Have tried the Middle Package from the official downgrade from the Huawei, but no go - the pink bar just sits there :(

am i stuck on ICS or can i revert back to completely stock?

Guest craigysd
Ok, have read, re-read, and am still none the wiser!

Am currently on B944 ICS (official Voda Zip repack installed by CWM) and want to revert back to Gingerbread.

Have tried the Middle Package from the official downgrade from the Huawei, but no go - the pink bar just sits there :(

am i stuck on ICS or can i revert back to completely stock?

Try removing your SD card and putting it on internal memory worked for me.

Guest nabby21

Hi, I upgraded via the official in-phone menu (air) method. And I wanted to downgrade back to gingerbread. I done the "middle stage fine (1st stage) but on the 2nd stage, I am presented with, "update failed" and a big yellow and black exclamation mark. How do I fix this? Please help as Im worried to turn my phone off but need to go out asap

Guest krammers

Hi all, I am new to this forum but have been browsing for a while with interest, but there is a few things I am unsure about. First of all I have had a Huawei G300 for a few months and have got rid of all the Vodafone junk and thought I had updated to ICS, but after checking it looks like I am still at GB. My settings are listed below

Android Version

Baseband version

Kernel Version

2.6.38.6-perf

android@localhost#1

build number

U8815V1001C185B886

It also looks like my phone isn't rooted and I can't do an over the air update so I am unsure what version I have installed. Could someone please point me in the right direction to update to ICS either OTA or without getting all the bloatware. Many thanks in advance.

Edited by krammers

Guest Aradalienz

Section 6 does not work unless you have a backup of your imei before you started flashing roms so for example new phone root, backup imei, imei from any other source, say for example you take an imei backup from using cyda's rom section 6 will not work for you.

Guest funbags666

Hello. I've been trying for the last several days to flash ICS onto my new g300. I purchased it unlocked from an Australian eBay seller. It's an Australian Vodafone version. I ran the firmware update from 'about phone' and it downloaded a 40 meg file and ran it (there was no SD card present). It successfully installed. I then got a micro sd and rooted and backed up the imei. Now ... No matter what firmwares I download and even running middle.app I get an update failed screen. It won't let me change a thing. I'm stuck in GB. What am I doing wrong?

Was this small 40 meg firmware update some vodafone australia thing that's blocking me from installing non-vodafone australia updates? ICS for g300 isn't available from Vodafone Australia yet. I so angry after trying every firmware that I'm about ready to throw this phone at the wall.

Guest GOlteanu

Hi, I upgraded via the official in-phone menu (air) method. And I wanted to downgrade back to gingerbread. I done the "middle stage fine (1st stage) but on the 2nd stage, I am presented with, "update failed" and a big yellow and black exclamation mark. How do I fix this? Please help as Im worried to turn my phone off but need to go out asap

After you use the midlle package, and the phone restarts, copy the GB Rom file (update.app) in dload folder of the SD card, after it finishes copying it, shut down the phone, remove battery for 10 seconds. After this reinsert the battery and pres the volume up, volume down and power keys at the same time, and it will go in force upgrade. It worked for me a couple of times.

Try this and let me know how it works.

Guest GOlteanu

Hello. I've been trying for the last several days to flash ICS onto my new g300. I purchased it unlocked from an Australian eBay seller. It's an Australian Vodafone version. I ran the firmware update from 'about phone' and it downloaded a 40 meg file and ran it (there was no SD card present). It successfully installed. I then got a micro sd and rooted and backed up the imei. Now ... No matter what firmwares I download and even running middle.app I get an update failed screen. It won't let me change a thing. I'm stuck in GB. What am I doing wrong?

Was this small 40 meg firmware update some vodafone australia thing that's blocking me from installing non-vodafone australia updates? ICS for g300 isn't available from Vodafone Australia yet. I so angry after trying every firmware that I'm about ready to throw this phone at the wall.

Use this thread to http://www.modaco.com/topic/357243-explained-like-youre-5-install-custom-roms-from-scratch-install-the-official-ics-update-root-more/ to install any custom GB or ICS ROMS. folow it word with word...

Guest funbags666

@little_mojo: Vodafone Australia G300's have a unique firmware specific to Vodafone Aus (B900). I believe this b900 is blocking me from upgrading or downgrading to b895. I will try downgrading but I don't hold any faith in it.

@GOlteanu: This is the very guide I have used as well as all guides found on Modaco. The issue is that Aussie G300 have a vodafone Australia specific firmware b900 that seems to block any upgrades that aren't from Vodafone Australia.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

I have CM10 R2 on my Ascend g300 and I'm atempting a downgrade to stock GB. However, I'm stuck at zero-ing the IMEI. Followed the steps in Section 6, but after restoring the IMEI using the data in the downgrade kit, instead of IMEI 0 I get another IMEI, that is different from the one my phone had, yet not 0. Repeated the steps several times, to no success.

Any ideas?

Your IMEI doesnt have to be 0 it just has to change then you are okey

I have poblem that I cant do ANYTHING with IMEI, I cant change it/restore it (fake one) and no one has solution

Your IMEI doesnt have to be 0 it just has to change then you are okey

I have poblem that I cant do ANYTHING with IMEI, I cant change it/restore it (fake one) and no one has solution

You never found a solution to that? That's a pain! :(