[GUIDE] Upgrade and Downgrade the G300 between GB, ICS and JB with downloads.

Guest timethrow

Just to tell you, I finally managed to downgrade ICS to GB via official method

How did I do it?

- Flashed B936 repack ( 936 and 937 are only from what you can downgrade official)

- Via software update I updated middlepackage from forum

-after that I updated middlepackage that came with official method (I tried that before but always got update failed message)

-then just put official downgrade dload and just waited for few minutes and there it is, back to GB, no IMEI backups/restore, no lost IMEI/baseband or other problems

hope that this will help someone

Edited by Aceion

Guest hustlerose

Help please!

I cant change my imei. First time, it rebooted and wouldnt boot again, saying "invalid argument" and getting stuck at clockwork.

then i try to change my imei again (to zero it) and nothing happens! imei stays the same!

im trying to downgrade from infusion ICS to stock GB.

Cant i just try the huawei method? Or does it only work with stock ICS and no clockwork?

look at my post before yours

You can do it with huawei method, if you have clockwork then just download repack of stock ICS rom (936 or 937) and flash it via clockwork

then do what I did

• 2 weeks later...
Guest darthmaul88

Hi there!

I have CM10 R2 on my Ascend g300 and I'm atempting a downgrade to stock GB. However, I'm stuck at zero-ing the IMEI. Followed the steps in Section 6, but after restoring the IMEI using the data in the downgrade kit, instead of IMEI 0 I get another IMEI, that is different from the one my phone had, yet not 0. Repeated the steps several times, to no success.

Any ideas?

Same thing happened to me. it was impossible o zero the imei using the tool from the first page of this topic. However I succeded using the tool from here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fHCqgv3Erj-IOAHssv20sxVMaphQJiVr3hebq9oQHNo/edit?pli=1

Guest Rumcajs47

Hi there!

i have currently B888 installed, can i go straight and install directly the b926 version ? I ask this because in a other topic i have read this : "If you are coming straight from stock rom you will want to download all available OTA updates before doing this (which should take you to B892). These OTA updates fix a lot of things so you really want these before you move on."

OTA seems not to work, do i need to download and install the B892 first ???

Second thing, to get the HSPA:11 Support i need install b926 version first, will the HSPA:11 Support still be available if i continue and install b934 over b926 ?

Cheers ;)

Edited by Rumcajs47

• 3 weeks later...
Guest timethrow

Hello all, I have been rather busy lately with both educational and work based needs and have had very little time to do stuff, further to this I very stupidly deleted my collection of Android Stuff, (both on my Laptop and HDD) and so have very little left now, but I will be starting again soon and am re-collecting files right now so should not be long till I get the majority back.

The good news is that I am currently working on my guide to be right up to date and more generically useful (working offline atm) and will be posting an updated version some time soon, Since this guide was last updated there have been many brilliant developments including JB 4.1.0 and 4.2.1 (CM10 and CM10.1) and many more cool new things, However rest assured I will be updating this soon and will be giving you all updates shortly, as for now the guide does still apply and the toolkits are most valid, however for JB 4.2.1 (CM10.1) DO NOT use my current JB toolkit as it is not meant for this version.

I am currently running CWM Touch R4 (6.0.2.7) with Jelly Bean 4.2.1 on CM10.1 and am really enjoying it.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone this is my first post after trying for hours to downgrade my phone from ICS to GB.

I managed to downgrade my phone from ICS to B882 with the guide. Now i have the problem that I have no Vodafone Apps on this rom and the OTA update fails like its mentioned in the guide.

So the point where Iam currently stopped is thisSection 6: Downgrading from ICS (or JB) to stock Vodafone GB.. :

"If you installed B885 we will now need to upgrade to the latest version available (B892) this will require Wi-Fi and is done via OTA. It is important to have all the Vodafone - Add Ons still installed as without them the OTA Upgrade WILL fail. Also this is required to get the Google Play Store to work as B885 has Google Market which should no longer function."

I searched in the guide and also in the forum where and how to install all the apps in order to use the OTA Updates to get to a GB Version with working Google Play to download apps. I also tried to get the default B885 Stock ROM in order to repeat all the steps in the guide, but the links in this forum are all down?

Can you please tell me how to get the apps on my phone in order to use OTA Update or where i can download a ROM ( B885 - vodafone?) in order to be able to use google play and use the ota updates?

Thank you for help!

Guest Sri.Theo

Question: is it more reliable to sidegrade from a Custom ICS ROM to a Vodafone ICS ROM, or downgrade from a Custom ICS ROM to a Vodafone GB ROM?

Ak doesn't matter now I guess, I've downgraded! But now it won't let me re-root so I can restore my IMEI. Any suggestions?

Edited by Sri.Theo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Jrex

I realise this is an age old thread by now, but I'm very very stuck

Attempted to downgrade from CyanogenMod today, got as far as stage 'Download and extract the contents of an official stock GB update'

The links provided here for the firmware have died, so took this (from Huawei http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDY4ODE=) and took the update app from the dload folder there

Then tried to update as told by the guide and was greeted by a mystery pink screen

It is perhaps worth mentioning that I bought this phone off ebay rather than Vodafone, so it never came with vodafone stuff in the first place

In short I am very stuck and any help anyone could offer would be much appreciated

Guest Jrex

If there's any incentive I can provide within guidelines (cannot find the guidelines for this forum) to get someone to fix this phone back to gingerbread I will gladly provide

• 1 month later...
Guest sharkyo01

If your having problems understanding it try using google translate. I can not see anybody doing a youtube video on it. But as I advised in the other thread I would not use it because of the risks of zeroing out the imei.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Maximus9

Section 1 of the tutorial is no longer valid, as there are no more OTA upgrades/updates offered.

I am trying to upgrade to stock ICS from stock B895 and can't, I was offered to upgrade before OTA but declined, as really loved GB, but now they are no longer being offered.

Any solution ? All I want is ICS, I found it here: http://consumer.huaw...ex.htm?id=13968

but it says I have to be on at least on B934.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Maximus9

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HoaPham

How can i downgrade from android 4.0.3 (b952) on the huawei g300 back to gingerbread (b886)? I have the B952 version of android 4.0.3 and want to downgrade back to gingerbread. How can this be done ?

please, help me... :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest daretea123

I need help.. ive installed the ics 4.0.3 on my huawei ascend g300.. and ive installed beats audio on it, witch worked on my cm 10 nightly.. and now.. it just turns on the bootloader and it stops.. i cant turn it on... ive done a factorie reset.. and ive formated the cashe.. which are the only two options in my recovery.. i cant do anything else.. can someone tell me what to do??

• 4 weeks later...
Guest apopberz

Currently I have a working (custom) JB install, but when I flash any ICS roms I get stuck on the boot screen - what causes this? I shouldn't have to go back to stock to go from 4.3 to 4.2.2 should I?

Guest dalyer

What baseband are you on?

What baseband do your ICS ROMs expect?

Do you do all wipes/formats in CWM when moving between ROMs?

FWIW (and maybe not relevant to your specific query) I use these to move between basebands and ROMs that have baseband dependencies. They have worked fine for me so far.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/361310-downgrade-upgrade-from-recovery/

Edited by dalyer

Guest apopberz

Figured it out. I was doing a flash, then the gapps (right version) cache wipe, then dalvik cache wipe then reboot, crash. I wasn't doing the 'factory reset' seems the 4.3 version of the userdata/config was preventing 4.2.2 from booting.

• 2 months later...