Blury Photos in ICS?

Guest ej2095

Guest ej2095

Running ICS B926

Every time take photo the photo apears blury seems like the auto focus is very laggy?

Any ideas on this?

Running the rom from Huawei site they posted there

Ta

Guest igors_s

Having same results. I've noticed that in Infusion rom the pictures do look liltte sharper, less blurry and with less noise.

Tomorrow, i'll try to take the same pictures I took on stock GB rom to compare.

Guest Rico_89

Turn off auto focus, then just tap the screen to focus on the object you want to take a picture of. Nothing really beats the default Huawei camera.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest TangerineTractor

Use ICS Camera (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moblynx.cameraics&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5tb2JseW54LmNhbWVyYWljcyJd) - it's much better than the desault - zoom slider on the screen, and you can assign the volume button to autofocus and/or shoot. It's also MUCH faster than the stock camera.

Think it has ads in it, but I use "Ad-free Android" and they don't appear for me, or the paid version is only pennies anyway.

Guest Rico_89

Dont suppose you have the APK to hand?

Will that work? I've tried to install the default HW camera in another rom and it didn't work very well.

Use ICS Camera (https://play.google....mNhbWVyYWljcyJd) - it's much better than the desault - zoom slider on the screen, and you can assign the volume button to autofocus and/or shoot. It's also MUCH faster than the stock camera.

Think it has ads in it, but I use "Ad-free Android" and they don't appear for me, or the paid version is only pennies anyway.

I've tried that camera before and although the pictures were fine the video was really jerky.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest lobespear

i'm dubious about all claims that "camera app x is better than stock" because they are all using the same underlying camera APIs. i am on stock gingerbread and have tried the following:

pudding camera

procapture

vignette

camera zoom fx

camera360

hdr camera+

lgcamera

if you set them to max resolution, switch on the "stabilizer/steady-shot" functionality, and switch off any post-processing effects, the quality of the final image is always basically the same (as stock).

Guest Cardie

Its the android stock ICS camera and it doesnt work well on the G300, Ive downloaded the Huawei Stock camera app and works well :) Blurry photos if your lobbing the phone around but not your holding it in windy conditions, i'd choose that :)

LGcamera is pretty good but you have to use it in action mode, even then the auto focus doesnt work :/

http://www.teamandroid.com/2012/04/29/huawei-apps-android-phone-download/

Edited by Cardie

• 7 months later...
Guest telonius

Sorry for diging this thread up but i just bought the phone and realised that all night shots are blury. You have to hold very still to get a decent photo. Im on stock ICS b935. Is there any custom rom or app that makes things better?

Guest Rico_89

Sorry for diging this thread up but i just bought the phone and realised that all night shots are blury. You have to hold very still to get a decent photo. Im on stock ICS b935. Is there any custom rom or app that makes things better?

Ah night shots might be better under Camera 360. I'll have ago later on and see.

Also regarding this thread, blurry photos might have something to do with the speed of your micro sd card. I have a 16gb Sandisk Class 6 and my pictures come out really sharp on the stock ICS camera during the day.

Guest telonius

Ah night shots might be better under Camera 360. I'll have ago later on and see.

Also regarding this thread, blurry photos might have something to do with the speed of your micro sd card. I have a 16gb Sandisk Class 6 and my pictures come out really sharp on the stock ICS camera during the day.

I've already tried Camera360 still photos are blurry. I have to hold very still and the object be still also to take a proper photo. I have a Transend Class 6 card too. I didn't expect miracles from the camera but it's worst from my old u8800.

Guest Rico_89

I've already tried Camera360 still photos are blurry. I have to hold very still and the object be still also to take a proper photo. I have a Transend Class 6 card too. I didn't expect miracles from the camera but it's worst from my old u8800.

That's not right, it shouldn't work like that. I only buy sandisk sd cards because they are the best for taking pictures on every device imo. Try another sd card if you can, if you can't then you might want to take out your Micro sd card and test the Stock camera with the internal memory.

I've uploaded a picture I took on a breezy day, so the objects were moving a few cm from side to side. Settings were: Auto Focus Off/ SuperFine Quality/ 5m pixels selected.

post-983067-0-89420100-1366548135_thumb.

Guest telonius

Tried a few more photos in bright light those were ok but in low light condition it's a disaster. I also tried without the sd card it seemed like a bit faster on low light so i'm gonna buy a good class 10 micro sd tomorrow.

Guest Rico_89

Tried a few more photos in bright light those were ok but in low light condition it's a disaster. I also tried without the sd card it seemed like a bit faster on low light so i'm gonna buy a good class 10 micro sd tomorrow.

Just be careful because there are so many fakes out there even top retailers are taken in sometimes. I would recommend the two tone, red and grey, sandisk micro sd card that comes with an sd adaptor.

Here's a good one that is sold by Amazon, Class 10, 32gb; http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0084DWCTW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&keywords=class%2010%20micro%20sd&qid=1366618723&sr=8-1

Here's one that is sold on Amazon but by a third party retailer and is most likely a fake: hence the note by Amazon themselves, Class 10, 16gb:http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDSDQU-016G-U46A-microSDXC-Including-Adapter/dp/B007JTKKOG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1366618739&sr=8-5&keywords=class+10+micro+sd+card